Release date for EoD [Merged]

• 2 weeks later...

I’m my opinion it is too quiet - it looks like another delay is under way. We are a month away from the potential release and there is no hype about it. They failed to get people exctited with its main features like fishing and boats, especs are very uninspired too. 
To me it looks like they had some board gathering and realised the expansion is not enough. And frankly I hope it is the case because it is shaping to be the worst expansion so far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

First a remark, or a call out to keep things structured. This thread was not started to talk about the amount of maps and layers,but to talk about the release date. I know I could call out to the mods as it starts to derail, but let's stay civilised and deal with it as a community.

In an attempt to bring stuff back to topic.
I've seen some reactions saying they do not want the release to close to other releases. I would want to bring back in mind that the first few days of a new release are often mayhem. Lot's of loading maps issues and lots of bugs. Specially now they haven't done any massive stress tests of the new maps. I fear it might take a few days after release to have a decent game to play. 

The content will not go away and I always find it rather ridiculious that people rush to the end of it as if it will be gone again in a few hours. EoD will be around for a long time and you can enjoy it anytime you'd like to. As for the actual release date. I have no doubt they'll have a release date in mind somewhere in february as they promised. They will however not officially announce it before they know for sure they can deliver it by then. If for some reason they can't we can expect an announcement for sure.

I know many people would be dissapointed if they postpone (not saying they will), but the way game studio's have practiced the art of Crunch, I rather have them postpone to release a good and polished game without overstressing the teams working on it, then having an unfinished product released or have devs working over 18 hours a day to rush it to the finish line.

Patience is a virtue and we will know a release date when they are ready to announce one!

• Confused 2

You really shouldn't pre-purchase. Don't give them money for something that doesn't even have a confirmed release date yet. The fact that there is STILL no release date when we're a little over 2 weeks away from February tells me that it's going to be pushed back.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

On 1/12/2022 at 10:05 AM, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

You really shouldn't pre-purchase. Don't give them money for something that doesn't even have a confirmed release date yet. The fact that there is STILL no release date when we're a little over 2 weeks away from February tells me that it's going to be pushed back.

Why would they post today that it will be released in February if it was going to be pushed back?

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo
  • Like 1

Agreed, most likely it'll be released February since they posted today. It'd be a really bad faux pas if they pulled back.

That said, very strange that they haven't given a release date at this point. Lots of rumors say they'll announce the exact date on the Kaineng Livestream Jan 28th but it's still pretty late considering.

Nyeh, if you have the money and enjoy the game, no harm in pre-ordering. I don't see ANet going under before releasing EoD so you'll see it eventually one way or another.

• Like 1