Release date for EoD [Merged]

1 minute ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Agreed, most likely it'll be released February since they posted today. It'd be a really bad faux pas if they pulled back.

That said, very strange that they haven't given a release date at this point. Lots of rumors say they'll announce the exact date on the Kaineng Livestream Jan 28th but it's still pretty late considering.

Nyeh, if you have the money and enjoy the game, no harm in pre-ordering. I don't see ANet going under before releasing EoD so you'll see it eventually one way or another.

It's not about the risk of ANET going under, it's about normalizing a garbage business tactic. Would you pay full price for a car that you absolutely could not drive for at least six months?

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Isn't that what we currently do given the unavailability of cars these days?

Are you telling me you have forked over tens of thousands of dollars for a car that isn't available to the market yet and you're okay with giving said money to some dealership that has other cars on the lot but you still left the dealership with no actual car? If so, good for you to have tens of thousand of dollars just laying around that you can literally do without. I have to ask, though, what unavailability of cars you are talking about? There is nothing stopping anyone from going out right now to buy a new car except a lack of funds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

@Zera Allimatti.2541 it was mostly just supposed to be a joke and a reference to the current markets. Computer components, vehicles, hell even grocery orders (by the store to the supplier) are so delayed they're often putting in orders 6-12months prior to estimated delivery.

Pre-ordering something is usually fine with a company the size of ANetl it's very unlikely to become vaporware (i.e. never release) and due to the investors in the company they can't indefinitely delay something. I think EoD was already delayed by almost a year (if anyone can source?) so they're getting under the gun to get it out.

@Hadi.6025 it's fine to pre-order oif you want. It's speculated to be released in February barring some uncertainty. It's your call if you want to or not. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

@Zera Allimatti.2541 it was mostly just supposed to be a joke and a reference to the current markets. Computer components, vehicles, hell even grocery orders (by the store to the supplier) are so delayed they're often putting in orders 6-12months prior to estimated delivery.

Pre-ordering something is usually fine with a company the size of ANetl it's very unlikely to become vaporware (i.e. never release) and due to the investors in the company they can't indefinitely delay something. I think EoD was already delayed by almost a year (if anyone can source?) so they're getting under the gun to get it out.

@Hadi.6025 it's fine to pre-order oif you want. It's speculated to be released in February barring some uncertainty. It's your call if you want to or not. 🙂

The original release was late 2021; the new release in late February 2022.  So, not a year, but 3 or 4 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I doubt they're considering delaying it because they've been posting on Twitter that it's coming next month. If there was any doubt they could easily have not posted that, or modified it (say something like "coming soon" instead of specifying next month).

I don't know why they haven't given an exact date though. I could understand them leaving it until closer to the time, even waiting until the start of this month. But now we're just over a month from release (at most) and we don't know when exactly it will be.

Admittedly it's not a big deal for me, I know I'm getting it and I wouldn't change any of my plans for it, but it would be nice to know.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

You really shouldn't pre-purchase. Don't give them money for something that doesn't even have a confirmed release date yet. The fact that there is STILL no release date when we're a little over 2 weeks away from February tells me that it's going to be pushed back.

This is exactly why i haven't purchased. And i was looking to buy the 79.99 version just to support but this is why im not going to any more now. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

On 1/12/2022 at 1:17 PM, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

It's not about the risk of ANET going under, it's about normalizing a garbage business tactic. Would you pay full price for a car that you absolutely could not drive for at least six months?

I'd by all means pay an artist I liked for a painting that it will take them months to complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I wish they would just tell us; though I understand why they haven't. Too many examples of  companies destroying fan bases by releasing games that needed to have been  delayed.
But at the same time I just want to  use my vacation time to leisurely  enjoy the new expansion, but I can't ask for a week off only to have it end up being a week before the actual release like last time.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SkinnyT.5382 said:

I wish they would just tell us; though I understand why they haven't. Too many examples of  companies destroying fan bases by releasing games that needed to have been  delayed.
But at the same time I just want to  use my vacation time to leisurely  enjoy the new expansion, but I can't ask for a week off only to have it end up being a week before the actual release like last time.

Well they already said on twitter that the release is next month so a delay is not in the cards as of now.

• Like 1

It is odd that a month out there still isn't a a specific date.

I think the only other company that does anything remotely like this is maybe Nntendo, but that's because they are their own publisher.

And its not like NCSoft has a huge lineup of games either.  So I would think they would try and set a date and advertise to help push out sold copies.

Maximum 42 days left. No release date yet. Maybe the game is undeveloped and it's all a scam to take customer's money, and use it on the actual development, without any product released yet (aside from a lame teaser to drive the hype).

Anyway, there is no rush. Such money is better spent in a restaurant, on a few pizza, before Covid19 closes everything again.

Cheers. 🥂

Edited by Alin.2468
  • Confused 5