Release date for EoD [Merged]

Fact that that anet is skipping the pvp mini season means i suspect that the release date will be delayed to after march 1st. Currently there appears there be no patches until EoD launch, all the new LNY skins are already in the game, and the blc is a generic theme with both wintersday and LNY items. I suspect a march 4th or 8th release date, depending if it is friday or tuesday. They will blame covid and polishing and would point to other releases also experiencing delays for example shadowwalkers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Fact that that anet is skipping the pvp mini season means i suspect that the release date will be delayed to after march 1st. Currently there appears there be no patches until EoD launch, all the new LNY skins are already in the game, and the blc is a generic theme with both wintersday and LNY items. I suspect a march 4th or 8th release date, depending if it is friday or tuesday. They will blame covid and polishing and would point to other releases also experiencing delays for example shadowwalkers. 

Care to explain your logic, when Anet said February?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Well as far as I understood them, their whole theory is that AN will come out with a statement that they have to delay the release. Not sure how pvp ranked seasons are supposed to relate tho....

I kinda lowkey want them to release EoD on 22nd of feb, for meme materiel 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Because they still have not released a date.  And at this point truth is in actions with anet, words are pr. The reason pvp matters is it is clear there will be no patch until the expac. The blc shows that, that is why there is a winterdays plush mount and a lunar backpack for LNY. 

If there was a pvp mini season, there would have to be a patch on febuary 22 to put in the 3 achievements for the next pvp season that would start march 1st.  Because anet is planning on not having a patch prior to march 1st, they are skipping the mini season, which means thr next time they need to patch is before april 8th. Odds are there will be a patch april 1st just to update the blacklion chest to make it SAB theme. 

So there is my window between march 1st and april 1st, based on anets own patterns that can be seen ingame. Just look at your pvp season achievement panel and black lion chest rewards. 

• Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

If there was a pvp mini season, there would have to be a patch on febuary 22 to put in the 3 achievements for the next pvp season that would start march 1st.  Because anet is planning on not having a patch prior to march 1st,

Had it occurred to You that they may not want to deal with PvP season rotation right in the expac launch window?

Just sayin'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mindlord.3147 said:

https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/19/flameseeker-chronicles-touring-guild-wars-2s-end-of-dragons-guild-hall-echovald-wilds-and-strike-mission/

So Anet took OP on a tour and even OP noted that Anet is being cagey about the release date but info was coming soon.

And all I can think of when reading that article is.

Why the hell havent Anet showed this in their livestreams?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Because they still have not released a date.  And at this point truth is in actions with anet, words are pr. The reason pvp matters is it is clear there will be no patch until the expac. The blc shows that, that is why there is a winterdays plush mount and a lunar backpack for LNY. 

If there was a pvp mini season, there would have to be a patch on febuary 22 to put in the 3 achievements for the next pvp season that would start march 1st.  Because anet is planning on not having a patch prior to march 1st, they are skipping the mini season, which means thr next time they need to patch is before april 8th. Odds are there will be a patch april 1st just to update the blacklion chest to make it SAB theme. 

So there is my window between march 1st and april 1st, based on anets own patterns that can be seen ingame. Just look at your pvp season achievement panel and black lion chest rewards. 

They even have a newer graphic on the home page of their website with a bladesworn and it says Feb 2022. It was posted this month. So Feb is still on. They could be waiting to surprise with an earlier Feb date if they can. If not they will wait til late Feb. it gives them a chance to release early if they want, but if not they have a buffer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

They even have a newer graphic on the home page of their website with a bladesworn and it says Feb 2022. It was posted this month. So Feb is still on. They could be waiting to surprise with an earlier Feb date if they can. If not they will wait til late Feb. it gives them a chance to release early if they want, but if not they have a buffer. 

The fact that we are a month before it's uncertain release, without a proper release date, makes it even more uncertain. Standard marketing requires a release date, with trailers and spoilers to create positive thinking, drive up the hype, generate exponential exposure online through indirect advertising, and increase sales (which is the purpose of profit). This mechanic is validated to work, because it worked on so many titles and games in the past.

Not doing any of this standard marketing means that everything is uncertain for customers, but it can also drive sales (if the company is big enough). Postponing the release date could be a likely outcome in my opinion, because not releasing too much information and delaying it as much as possible, also creates sales, as people spend money from one "estimated date" to the next "estimated date" - this was seen in Amazon New World and it worked by creating profit for a product which was still not delivered and under development (yet people bought it).

We may see, time will tell. But it is easy to see we have no release date of End of Dragons, the month before the "expected month", and this is awkward in my opinion. It's not like they have everything in expansion created, and they just wish to play some psychological game with the playerbase. It's Anet we talk about, the same Anet with lots of undelivered products, with rollbacks on patches, and with crashes on expansion release days.

Edited by Alin.2468
  • Confused 5

18 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

So you took things that have nothing in common with expac and said anet  was wrong by telling it was in february, because you know better than devs? What?

9 hours ago, Killer.4360 said:

Why, less than a month from February, we still don't know the release date? It's unacceptable and disrespectful to us!

How is that disrespectful? Or unacceptable? I'd say Anet should not tell exact release date and just release game so download doesn't get bogded down to hour of downloading expac again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Had it occurred to You that they may not want to deal with PvP season rotation right in the expac launch window?

Just sayin'

That would be my thought as well.  If there is supposed to be a patch on 22FEB for a PvP event, and they cancelled it... maybe it conflicts with the release date.   Not saying it is true, but makes as much sense as any other conjecture on this thread. I am still wishing for early Feb... the 7th would be a great birthday present for me... just saying...  😎

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Stelawrat.6589 said:

As others have said, initially we were given a release date of the 22nd. February & while DLGamer removed their End of Dragons webpage together with their countdown clock awhile ago, someone on Steam managed to capture it. 

Posted on 06th. October with 139 days to go, for a release date of Tuesday 22nd. February.  🐢

Aint that just because feb 22 is the last tuesday of the month tho?

• Like 1