Release date for EoD [Merged]

On 1/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

HoT - has gliding which is useful in every aspect of the game
PoF - has mounts, useful for travel and such

EoD - Skiffs are not useful except for fishing (we have Skimmer which is a boat and a sub), Fishing is also not useful except to grind stuff. And Siege Turtle is useless if you're a solo player.

Gliding is not useful except if you are jumping down somewhere and even then u still have griffon and skyscale as better option. 

Seriously you can talk everything bad if you want too. But I think that skiffs will be faster than skimmer which would make it best way to go fast over a Lake and other water areas. 

Siege Turtles are not useless if u r solo. It can cc without throwing u off the mount. Which makes u able to reduce the breakbar of a boss if you dont have enough ccs to fully break it on ur character only. So you cc with turtle, then go off mount and use ur only cc on character and effectively use the free exposed dmg buff.

Btw i Was even able to kill some bosses with turtle, solo. 

I needed like 8 minutes to think about this aspects + writing them down here. Makes me think if you just dont want to see anything useful in them.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, Alin.2468 said:

The fact that we are a month before it's uncertain release, without a proper release date, makes it even more uncertain. Standard marketing requires a release date, with trailers and spoilers to create positive thinking, drive up the hype, generate exponential exposure online through indirect advertising, and increase sales (which is the purpose of profit). This mechanic is validated to work, because it worked on so many titles and games in the past.

Not doing any of this standard marketing means that everything is uncertain for customers, but it can also drive sales (if the company is big enough). Postponing the release date could be a likely outcome in my opinion, because not releasing too much information and delaying it as much as possible, also creates sales, as people spend money from one "estimated date" to the next "estimated date" - this was seen in Amazon New World and it worked by creating profit for a product which was still not delivered and under development (yet people bought it).

We may see, time will tell. But it is easy to see we have no release date of End of Dragons, the month before the "expected month", and this is awkward in my opinion. It's not like they have everything in expansion created, and they just wish to play some psychological game with the playerbase. It's Anet we talk about, the same Anet with lots of undelivered products, with rollbacks on patches, and with crashes on expansion release days.

Annd latest twitter from Jan 22 says they (all the new features) are coming to Guild Wars 2 next month as part of End of Dragons. That’s a pretty good hint in my opinion that Feb is still on. My money is they announce release date on Friday’s live stream.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, now we have a date for the announcement of End of Dragons release date: February 1st.  Also, the release date has been narrowed down to sometime after the 21st of February.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons-launch-month-livestream-schedule/

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1

If they go with 22, revealing it on February 1st is great - they can continue to drag out the reveal until 4 or 6:22 PM (their time).

It'd be funny if - why not both - launch on 25 with a 3 day head start (22) for pre-purchasers.

Edited by Healix.5819
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

Because there is no official release stated and the 28th is the last day of the month.  Retailers will use the last day of the month as a place holder to be able to say "sometime in this month".

Thats fine its in feb sometime , Im more concerned does the Ultimate edition go away after release. The deluxe stays I know for a while but does the ultimate?

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, mindlord.3147 said:

Anet should be embarrassed. ESO will be announcing the release date of their next expansion on the 27th and Anet still can’t tell us until Feb 1st? 😞 

Since they pushed back the releAse to Feb 2022, it has remained Feb for the release month since then. I think they planned exactly when to give the release date. They have stuck to this release month for a long time now and are not pushing back and we are so close now. Don’t know what there needs to be embarrased about. Since then I’ve looked forward to this month (Feb) for eod to release. Who cares when the exact release date is until that month? If they were to push it back anymore it wouldn’t have mattered if they announced a release month or releaese day, now would it?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Gliding is not useful except if you are jumping down somewhere and even then u still have griffon and skyscale as better option. 

Useful in Drizzlewood for gliding stealth, when you've put mount stealth on cooldown. Snipers are everywhere.

But I think that skiffs will be faster than skimmer which would make it best way to go fast over a Lake and other water areas. 

I hope skiffs aren't faster. That will make Skimmer obsolete except for underwater.

If I were designing it, skiff would be a little slower than skimmer if you are solo, but a little faster than skimmer if you have passengers buffing you with emotes. I should only prefer skiff over skimmer if I'm using it as a group mount, which is what is designed to be.

Siege Turtles are not useless if u r solo. It can cc without throwing u off the mount. Which makes u able to reduce the breakbar of a boss if you dont have enough ccs to fully break it on ur character only. So you cc with turtle, then go off mount and use ur only cc on character and effectively use the free exposed dmg buff.

Btw i Was even able to kill some bosses with turtle, solo. 

Agreed. I was just back in Lade Doric for the first time since the turtle beta. Wow Jade Cannons are a totally different experience with Turtle CC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Useful in Drizzlewood for gliding stealth, when you've put mount stealth on cooldown. Snipers are everywhere.

Tbh the last like...5 months i didnt get shot off my skyscale even once by a snipers there bc u can also dodge the shots with ur mounts.
Tho you know what I mean I think. It was just an example that you could fully ignore any positive aspects of something and just count up the negative ones. Like the one I quoted before did.

5 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I hope skiffs aren't faster. That will make Skimmer obsolete except for underwater.

If I were designing it, skiff would be a little slower than skimmer if you are solo, but a little faster than skimmer if you have passengers buffing you with emotes. I should only prefer skiff over skimmer if I'm using it as a group mount, which is what is designed to be.

Thats an idea I would be totally fine with. Yes.

9 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Agreed. I was just back in Lade Doric for the first time since the turtle beta. Wow Jade Cannons are a totally different experience with Turtle CC.

Yea it was actually overpowered xD You shouldnt be able to solo bosses while being up on mount. Or better, you shouldnt be able to solo bosses while pressing only 2 buttons. Space and 1.
Sure it shouldnt be nerfed down to the level that leads to the loss of viability but it cant stay how it is atm.

However to come back to my point. The one I quoted fully ignored everything positive and just said "X is useless if X". Thats what you can do with literally everything in the game and has no sense Imo. xD

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

If they go with 22, revealing it on February 1st is great - they can continue to drag out the reveal until 4 or 6:22 PM (their time).

2 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Since they pushed back the releAse to Feb 2022, it has remained Feb for the release month since then. I think they planned exactly when to give the release date. They have stuck to this release month for a long time now and are not pushing back and we are so close now. Don’t know what there needs to be embarrased about. Since then I’ve looked forward to this month (Feb) for eod to release. Who cares when the exact release date is until that month? If they were to push it back anymore it wouldn’t have mattered if they announced a release month or releaese day, now would it?

It matters to ppl who work for a living and who would like to take a few days off to enjoy with their friends but can’t schedule it until they give you them a date. They should be embarrassed for poor PR for their biggest product launch of the year and keeping their consumers in the dark for half a year.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, mindlord.3147 said:

It matters to ppl who work for a living and who would like to take a few days off to enjoy with their friends but can’t schedule it until they give you them a date. They should be embarrassed for poor PR for their biggest product launch of the year and keeping their consumers in the dark for half a year.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons ANet hasn't announced a date yet. When HoT and PoF launched, the game was pretty much unplayable on day one because too many people were trying to create story instances and the servers were overloaded. Not announcing the release date in advance could prevent many people from trying to create instances the second the expansion launches simply because they're at work and didn't take the day off.

• Confused 1

Yeah, I really wouldn’t be scheduling time off. PoF had a lot of launch problems and I think even HoT had a few as well. I think it was nearly a week before the story could progress with PoF if memory serves.

It’s fine to be excited and want to be a part of launch day/weekend, but I really wouldn’t schedule lives round it. Online games break no matter how much testing and checks are done. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2022 at 10:35 PM, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

I feel the same, compared to HoT and PoF its not as great.

HoT - has gliding which is useful in every aspect of the game
PoF - has mounts, useful for travel and such

EoD - Skiffs are not useful except for fishing (we have Skimmer which is a boat and a sub), Fishing is also not useful except to grind stuff. And Siege Turtle is useless if you're a solo player.

Honestly, except for elite specs, gen 3 legen, story and map, there's nothing great in the expansion.

Different strokes for different folks.  Elite specs, legendary, and story are of no interest to me.

Cantha maps, fishing, and boats are exactly what I want.  If fishing is done right (and we do not know yet), there is no grinding - just fun.  

I feel sorry for the devs of every game. No matter what they do... someone is complaining.  We already have threads full of complaining, about an expansion that is not even out yet!  So far they have only shown us turtles, and e-specs. So that is really the only thing anyone knows enough about to complain.  Until we see the expansion, the rest of the crying is just useless conjecture. 😎

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2022 at 7:27 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

no no no, you stated expac is disappointment, he said, he cannot judge it without playing. It's up to you to provide proof with gameplay and analysis that is not elite beta.

Ummm,  think you better reread the thread, n particular the poster I quoted.  I made no statement whatsoever. 

I also think it’s the 25th

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682
  • Like 1