Release date for EoD [Merged]

10 minutes ago, Raizel.1839 said:

Has Anet stated where and at what time they will make the announcenent on Feb 1st?

On February 1, we’ll reveal the release date for
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons. Follow us on Guild Wars 2 Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for updates.

Probably also on gw2 news page and if not, surely someone will bring the info to the forums anyways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

On February 1, we’ll reveal the release date for
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons. Follow us on Guild Wars 2 Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for updates.

Probably also on gw2 news page and if not, surely someone will bring the info to the forums anyways.

Yea it is quite telling that their own forum is not even mentioned 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea it is quite telling that their own forum is not even mentioned 🙂

The forum probably only reaches a tiny fraction of the community versus social media - which has way more views and then spreads out the news via likes and retweets. Since the forum auto shows the tweets when live and they usually add in an announcement thread afterwards, I think the forums are covered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

I feel the same, compared to HoT and PoF its not as great.
HoT - has gliding which is useful in every aspect of the game
PoF - has mounts, useful for travel and such

Honestly, except for elite specs, gen 3 legen, story and map, there's nothing great in the expansion.

If we get great maps/events/story that is more than enough to have fun with for me.

When they announced/presented the mounts before PoF I was "meh" because it felt lackluster compared to the gliding of HoT. I never wanted mounts. But after I played PoF (and after I unlocked all masteries of all mounts)  I experienced how great they are and how fun it was (and still is) to use them.

Now I feel "meh" about the announcements of fishing and skiffs. Maybe they will be also very good in actual gameplay, maybe not. We will see after the game is released.

My guess is, that Anet works at a lot of things until the last second to finish the game and because of that they wanted to have the option of delaying the release date again and to announce the release date as late as possible if something will not be finished in time.

But to judge the expansion before it is released and we could play it is a little bit too early.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5

We'll know what's going on tomorrow I hope. At least I don't think it's being surprise delayed but at this point i'd be more worried they're doing something weird like releasing part of EoD every week in February instead of all at once.

Edited by Vidit.7108
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Vidit.7108 said:

We'll know what's going on tomorrow I hope. At least I don't think it's being surprise delayed but at this point i'd be more worried they're doing something weird like releasing part of EoD every week in February instead of all at once.

It is tomorrow already today... here in the Philippines.  Not my fault ANet is in the wrong time zone - where is my announcement ha ha 😎

• Haha 1