any plans on balance downstate?

Balsa.3951

The difference in power between downstates is hilarious.  My main Engi feels 110% useless when downed.  A pull ability?  Like okay, I guess it helps kill me faster incase there was a mob not already smacking me.  Then you have Necro, which can self heal back to full while taking hits..  and Ranger pets that rez you through mob damage..  Thief is okay I guess but they nerfed the stealth since the last time I played.  Warriors is at least fun even if you don't rally.

• Like 1

Downstate is fine. Maybe remve it for PvP/WvW but on the other hand, it is a mechanic in the game that gives combat a new layer, something to think about(cleaving ds-enemies so others can't rez them, killing an enemy to rally your teammates etc.).

I'd rather have ANet spend resources on something else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I have the perfect suggestion for balancing downstate.

Delete it.

I agree, not a fan of downstate, you should be either alive or dead. And once you take enough damage that your living hp bar is 0 then you are dead. Downstate is a cheesy mechanic imo that allows you to redo over and over, when technically your character should have died.

• Confused 3

I know that people will say downstate is balanced, and it's a get gud issue, but when 2 equals met, a fight should not be already decided when both enter downstate same time based on their class.

I downed a Ranger in WVW I was low health needed to back up a little to activate heal, then came back full burst on ranger who was down while I wear berserker gear. Pet still rezzes. I interrupt pet comes back immediately, continue rezz. Ranger keep hitting me while I panic try to kill pet to stop the rezz. 

Ranger pet dies switch pet continues rezz, ranger get up with a decent health, I die. 

Downstate should be 1 interrupt and a slow self rezz while not be attacked and very low dmg to fight back.

It's ok to be a little higher dmg in PVE, but it should be not high in competitive mode.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

My main Engi feels 110% useless when downed.  A pull ability?  Like okay, I guess it helps kill me faster incase there was a mob not already smacking me.  

Well, it doesn't help me survive, but I find Engie's pull and explosion to be endlessly hilarious if I get them timed right while someone is trying to finish me. Seeing them fall on their faces or go flying back (sometimes I manage both one after the other!) is sweet revenge. 😄

On the other hand, it is bizarre how a necro can still do enough damage to be a real threat while in downed state.

15 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

True I forgot about that but it isnt as strong as the ranger's pet or the necro auto attack that just steals HP which is probably why it slipped under my radar

I didn't know this, wow. I wonder why downstate is so diferent for all classes. Also read the first time here, that every class has a diferent health-pool when downed ...

17 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

I know that people will say downstate is balanced, and it's a get gud issue, but when 2 equals met, a fight should not be already decided when both enter downstate same time based on their class.

I downed a Ranger in WVW I was low health needed to back up a little to activate heal, then came back full burst on ranger who was down while I wear berserker gear. Pet still rezzes. I interrupt pet comes back immediately, continue rezz. Ranger keep hitting me while I panic try to kill pet to stop the rezz. 

Ranger pet dies switch pet continues rezz, ranger get up with a decent health, I die. 

Downstate should be 1 interrupt and a slow self rezz while not be attacked and very low dmg to fight back.

It's ok to be a little higher dmg in PVE, but it should be not high in competitive mode.

Then bring the proper skills to stomp. Heaven forbid this game with various traitlines, armor sets and skills actually required compromises when picking them instead of going balls to the walls berserker and trying to beat your foe into submission.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Then bring the proper skills to stomp. Heaven forbid this game with various traitlines, armor sets and skills actually required compromises when picking them instead of going balls to the walls berserker and trying to beat your foe into submission.

While I agree with your post you have to admit its a big diff between classes.

Ranger, depending on pet has usually at least 2 interrupts and the strongest endless heal. It requires a lot more effort compared to many who you can safely let them bleed for quite some time.

I dont really see a balancing reason why few classes should have upper hand here and I doubt anet considers this while balancing pvp. 

• Confused 2

In WvW I rarely go for the stomp unless I'm close to full HP and I can tank the standard class specific interrupt and stomp a second time.

Most of the time in duels I go out of the downed range and slowly 111111 them with my ranged weapon until they die.

If it's a small scale fight I use the downed player as a bait to lure their friends to ress and then I dump all my AoE CC and cleave on them, while focusing the downed to ensure the kill anyway.

In zerg fights I just hit whatever I can reach, alive or downed.

• Like 1