Ya'll should check out reddits PvP Bot Confession thread

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I stopped sPvP here for the sole reason that each game (win or lose mind you so not blaming losses on bots I've won many matches by cleaning up on the bots too) had generally 1 or 2 bots per side. I never really gathered info on it, just folded and went back to WvW for awhile. It's interesting to read from the bot users PoV. I totally get it, I hate the scum but I get why they do it. It highlights Anets inability to police its own game, punishes those of us who enjoy the purity of sPvP and has become overly predictable in their actions against the users who use bots.

This guy says there are lots of people running 20-30 or more at once. I mean I never took sPvP seriously not since I finished 2nd overall in the beta Season, but what integrity is there for this competitive game mode? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I used to see how many bots i could find in a season. I usually found around 100 just sitting afk at the pvp lobby waypoint with over 1000 games a season. There are definitely botters who run 20-30 at once. You can add them all as a friend and see them log in and out together, and some are even bold enough to put all their bots in the same guild. Whoever has been in charge at anet hasnt cared about pvp since they canceled esports, and hearing stories of how terribly they handled that back in the day really makes me wonder how much they really cared at all.

What I really dont understand is how little resources ncsoft puts into anet. MMOs are a dying gamemode because no one is making them anymore. Despite this, the existing mmos out there are still going strong, and some are actually seeing a population resurgence despite being decade old games. GW2 could have a strong pvp scene because the base game is there and there is literally no competition from other mmos. There is just so much wasted potential in this game.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

I think this game has the worst combat due to the skills team power creeping the game to the moon. Every game mode is trash now.

PvP combat is by far the worst of any MMO I've played.

Wow pvp is trash since mop, eso pvp is terrible (animation are so kittening horrible, it's a spmmy fest) , Albion pvp is good but too simple, ff14 pvp is trash... did I forget anything? Do you see any mmorpg with better pvp than gw2 atm? 

Edited by Guirssane.7082
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Wow pvp is trash since mop, eso pvp is terrible (animation are so kittening horrible, it's a spmmy fest) , Albion pvp is good but too simple, ff14 pvp is trash... did I forget anything? Do you see any mmorpg with better pvp than gw2 atm? 

All of them except FF14, probably.

WoW PvP is still the peak of MMORPG PvP 20 years later...pretty sad.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

I don't know if you should count it as an MMORPG but Dungeon Fighter Online, at least before it initially shut down was the best PVP I've ever enjoyed in something resembling an MMO. 

But thats a MMO fighting game hybrid so you'd naturally expect good PvP. 

11 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

WoW's pvp is 🍑
I speak as someone that has played from BFA(around before Nazjatar release) to SL, tried to always get the call to arms 25 World PvP kills, battlegrounds, and some rated and unrated. I tried my best to get into it, but it just  pales in comparison to GW2's combat pvp for me in pretty much every aspect.  In the end it just isn't for me, it might be for others but not someone looking for fluid skill based combat. The funny thing too is I think Wildstar(before it died) also did better PvP than WoW lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Bdo has better combat than gw2, don't get me wrong I think gw2 has great combat but not quite as good as bdo and with bdo recently increasing catch upechanics, more focus on pve content like story, dungeons etc, addition of pvp arenas which will prob have standardized gear or a low gear cap and lastly life skill improvements gw2 devs better start supporting their game better in the future because there are mmo's out there currently that are being supported and improved 10x that of what anet seems to be capable of if the last 4 years are any indication of such.

I'm just using bdo as a example as it has drastically changed and is changing further from the no pve p2w grindfest it was in the past, anet needs to start to put actual effort into continually improving and updating their game which they haven't, been over a year since the games received a real balance pass even and that's that's bare and basic means of support, not being able to do such basic stuff because the devs are working on a expansion is a excuse I've only ever seen anet use in 30 yrs of gaming.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Bdo has better combat than gw2, don't get me wrong I think gw2 has great combat but not quite as good as bdo and with bdo recently increasing catch upechanics, more focus on pve content like story, dungeons etc, addition of pvp arenas which will prob have standardized gear or a low gear cap and lastly life skill improvements gw2 devs better start supporting their game better in the future because there are mmo's out there currently that are being supported and improved 10x that of what anet seems to be capable of if the last 4 years are any indication of such.

I'm just using bdo as a example as it has drastically changed and is changing further from the no pve p2w grindfest it was in the past, anet needs to start to put actual effort into continually improving and updating their game which they haven't, been over a year since the games received a real balance pass even and that's that's bare and basic means of support, not being able to do such basic stuff because the devs are working on a expansion is a excuse I've only ever seen anet use in 30 yrs of gaming.

BDO combat is even worse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

loL

literally no one ever can explain why they say GW2 has best combat.

no

GW2 is complete in term of action, the only thing that would be missing is manually aiming, that's however a terrible idea when everything vary in size.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2022 at 4:43 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I used to see how many bots i could find in a season. I usually found around 100 just sitting afk at the pvp lobby waypoint with over 1000 games a season. There are definitely botters who run 20-30 at once. You can add them all as a friend and see them log in and out together, and some are even bold enough to put all their bots in the same guild. Whoever has been in charge at anet hasnt cared about pvp since they canceled esports, and hearing stories of how terribly they handled that back in the day really makes me wonder how much they really cared at all.

What I really dont understand is how little resources ncsoft puts into anet. MMOs are a dying gamemode because no one is making them anymore. Despite this, the existing mmos out there are still going strong, and some are actually seeing a population resurgence despite being decade old games. GW2 could have a strong pvp scene because the base game is there and there is literally no competition from other mmos. There is just so much wasted potential in this game.

Give us Team 5v5 deathmatch already where only kills matter.. and let us que as a 5man again already... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Give us Team 5v5 deathmatch already where only kills matter.. and let us que as a 5man again already... 

We had this, called courtyard. 

Imagine what happened 

On 1/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

I think this game has the worst combat due to the skills team power creeping the game to the moon. Every game mode is trash now.

PvP combat is by far the worst of any MMO I've played.

Everytime I read your stuff I have to laugh

12 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

BDO combat is even worse.

Everytime

On 1/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Dont try to explain this on gw2 forums, >95% ppl here is just tunnel visioning about COMBAT of gw2, forgetting pvp part. Look, gw2 combat system is probably one of the best ever created in mmo, however pvp...is mediocre at best. Meanwhile WoW combat you might like or not, but PvP is just a pure peak. Sometimes worse, sometimes better, but 2s/3s arenas are what pvp is supposted to look like. Imo combat is actually similar to gw1 one, slower, you have cast times, but you have to pay more attention to CDs, positioning and tactical behaviour (eg. mana in some cases).

Thats what gw2 people hate, they dont want cast times, slow combat, channel, just sit on enemy and smash hammer on his head. And thats why 'esport' died so fast in gw2 and in WoW is still viable after all those years. Conquest is just bad. Watching it is painful, people dont know whats going on (especially outsiders), holding circles promotes bunker gameplay and kitten builds, problems with ranked solo q/duo q/team q, balance around this is impossible (you have to balance teamfight builds, roaming builds, sidenode builds) and so on.

tl;dr - you can hate wow combat and its understandable, you can hate gw2 combat and thats also understandable. But wow pvp is just staight up better than gw2, and Ill give you quick example - > have you ever seen bots while playing WoW ranked arenas/rbgs? Thats what I thought. In gw2 on the other hand... 🙂 

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

We have deathmatch 2v2/3v3 but it's meh tbh... Gw1 deathmatch was nice cause you had real healer, with gw2 combat, deathmatch isn't as interesting imo

Edited by Guirssane.7082
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Widmo.3186 said:

Dont try to explain this on gw2 forums, >95% ppl here is just tunnel visioning about COMBAT of gw2, forgetting pvp part. Look, gw2 combat system is probably one of the best ever created in mmo, however pvp...is mediocre at best. Meanwhile WoW combat you might like or not, but PvP is just a pure peak. Sometimes worse, sometimes better, but 2s/3s arenas are what pvp is supposted to look like. Imo combat is actually similar to gw1 one, slower, you have cast times, but you have to pay more attention to CDs, positioning and tactical behaviour (eg. mana in some cases).

Thats what gw2 people hate, they dont want cast times, slow combat, channel, just sit on enemy and smash hammer on his head. And thats why 'esport' died so fast in gw2 and in WoW is still viable after all those years. Conquest is just bad. Watching it is painful, people dont know whats going on (especially outsiders), holding circles promotes bunker gameplay and kitten builds, problems with ranked solo q/duo q/team q, balance around this is impossible (you have to balance teamfight builds, roaming builds, sidenode builds) and so on.

tl;dr - you can hate wow combat and its understandable, you can hate gw2 combat and thats also understandable. But wow pvp is just staight up better than gw2, and Ill give you quick example - > have you ever seen bots while playing WoW ranked arenas/rbgs? Thats what I thought. In gw2 on the other hand... 🙂 

People have never learned to play the top PvP wisely in WoW (Warcraft) in Battlegrounds or its rating part - RBG in 2 tanks. There's even a hint from Blizzard in the raid profile settings, it goes like this - "Show main tank and gunner". Blood DK for example being a Nathrezim representative will replay the most dangerous game in war craft - dot cleave. The Nathrezims always replayed the most dangerous games when they returned from purgatory,  but the players consider the Nathrezims representative useless.

2s is always trash, a gladiatorial arena that is built around healing... At 3s, modern players play a maximum of 40% of the possible setups that they see on videos and streams. For example, modern players do not understand how to play Shadow Cleave, and they probably have not even heard about Alaska.  

Trust me, as a veteran of Warcraft and the Lich King in particular, I've seen what happens to people's brains in the pursuit of Meta.

Therefore, I do not understand for whom all these wise balances of legendaries and covenants Blizzard is trying to do if people do not understand how to use it to the maximum.

Edit:

P. S. By the way, tanks were rebalanced in the legion, but they were stigmatized by the community, which was guided by the prevailing stereotypes (scissors (dd), paper (healer). People did not understand that a stone had appeared. It was just necessary to understand the counter game between classes, which has not changed for years.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

7 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

GW2 is complete in term of action, the only thing that would be missing is manually aiming, that's however a terrible idea when everything vary in size.

Explain what you mean, complete.

It sounds very vague, and realistically outside of these forums and GW2 circles, there are not really any sources backing up "kitten best combat around" claims.

Complete?

Complete crap because it's a flashing lights and spam fiesta with tab targeting and auto tracking.

LMAO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

GW2 combat is a joke now compared to what it was. Vanilla GW2 PvP was the best it would ever be.

When I started playing this game, I incorrectly assumed it would have the PvP support of Guild Wars 1. I assumed there would be game modes, solo queues, and balance.

Boy was I wrong. They dropped PvP within the first year.

There are better PvP games coming out.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to name the game without a forum ban (lol). But it comes out on Feb 11.

Edited by Caine.8204
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1