Ya'll should check out reddits PvP Bot Confession thread

3 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Explain what you mean, complete.

It sounds very vague, and realistically outside of these forums and GW2 circles, there are not really any sources backing up "kitten best combat around" claims.

Complete?

Complete crap because it's a flashing lights and spam fiesta with tab targeting and auto tracking.

LMAO

It's not vague whatsoever, I don't need a bullet list to explain that the game has more depth favoring player input in it's combat than most MMO's relying on statistical strategies. Guild Wars 2 borrows a lot from action oriented elements in mass rather than just as a gimmick.

20 minutes ago, Caine.8204 said:

GW2 combat is a joke now compared to what it was. Vanilla GW2 PvP was the best it would ever be.

When I started playing this game, I incorrectly assumed it would have the PvP support of Guild Wars 1. I assumed there would be game modes, solo queues, and balance.

Boy was I wrong. They dropped PvP within the first year.

There are better PvP games coming out.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to name the game without a forum ban (lol). But it comes out on Feb 11.

Having too many game modes is exactly what killed gw1 community by splitting the community too much 

2 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

BDO combat is amazing, its the P2W aspect that shits on it, when everyone is similar geared its super fun to pvp, problem is the gear makes such difference you die in 1 attack while dealing 0 damage back

Arena's coming end of the month, whether there a reasonable grar cap or standardized gear remains to be seen, a poll in the games reddit showed the majority want standardized or low gear caps vs non capped.

16 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Arena's coming end of the month, whether there a reasonable grar cap or standardized gear remains to be seen, a poll in the games reddit showed the majority want standardized or low gear caps vs non capped.

It might be worth installing again then, just to pvp
FeelsGoodMan

On 1/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, Guirssane.7082 said:

We have deathmatch 2v2/3v3 but it's meh tbh... Gw1 deathmatch was nice cause you had real healer, with gw2 combat, deathmatch isn't as interesting imo

Oh yeah I mean, it is nothing compared to the pvp scene I remember from Warhammer online, pvp battles you could que for that had 10-20 players in a match with healers and tanks and dps all going at it where teamwork mattered above all us and good healers could carry a team, or me on my IB and using my team shield which was such a broken ability for so long. Always will miss my groups and playing pvp in warhammer. GW2 doesn't really have that at all, 2v2/3v3 is too small for deathmatches. 

True though that even now, this game doesn't really have pure dedicated healer classes, people can heal but nothing like the pure only heal no dps classes of the past in other games. Mainly because gw2 healing is so different, in warhammer you could heal your group with no los and not need to target or aim. 

Still, it'd be nice if we had 5v5 options outside of conquest forever. But maybe we'd actually need to see pvp stop being a dead game mode that only exists due to dailies being done. 

On 1/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, DomHemingway.8436 said:

Trust me, as a veteran of Warcraft and the Lich King in particular, I've seen what happens to people's brains in the pursuit of Meta.

I did not specify what this could mean, which means that people have forgotten the very essence of the game, numbers have become more important for them. If we dig deeper, our childhood game was a present moment, before the introduction of social concepts of victory or defeat. The whole was divided.

This inflated bubble has depleted both Warcraft and GW2 player bases. Going back to the perception of that childhood game is one of the keys to getting the players back, because in the depths everyone is looking for that same childish game, and those who play in power and those who play in wealth, and those who play in computer games, etc.

There is such an expression - we think that we are teaching children, but we ourselves need to learn from them, until we turned them into ourselves.

Following this analogy, this also happened to the oriental martial arts, because it is not desirable for certain players that most people come to a balance in their mind. Thanks to Bruce Lee (the founder of mixed martial arts, probably he himself did not expect that this would happen) when the eastern philosophy of combat was combined with the western one, as a result, the eastern one was called "less
effective" and made a new show out of the western. Why less effective, because you can make your punch effective within one or two years., and it will take decades, if not a lifetime, to learn eastern combat.
Only little is said about the fact that after reaching a certain age, by learning oriental combat, your movements will become closer to the movements of a cat or panther, and by studying western style, you will become even more addicted to pills. This is just one example of the diversity of how divide and conquer works (с) Rome, Warcraft 2, Modern World and etc...

All health.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

23 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

Having too many game modes is exactly what killed gw1 community by splitting the community too much 

I had no issues with any of the game modes I played, and I know for a fact that PVE was still heavily populated as well. What killed the GW1 community was the rigidity of the movement (no jumping, fixed maps and pathing) and GW2.

Guild Wars 1 was heavily populated in PvP, and I firmly remember queueing as dervish over and over again for random 5s. KvL faction wars were super fun too, and again, I never had an issue getting into KvL either. 

This thought process that "more game modes = split playerbase" is such a narrow viewpoint. More game modes attract different types of players. If I want a 15v15, but the only thing available is 5v5, I will only play the 5v5 because "it's all there is", or I decide not to pvp altogether. Having a few different game modes is healthy to attract different types of players, and allows variation for the players who enjoy all the modes.

Not to mention, the "split playerbase" issue can be solved EASILY with a rotating priority week for a certain queue type ; say, one week you get increased rewards from 5v5, the next week you'd get increased rewards for 15v15. It incentivizes playing multiple game modes as well as drawing new players to PvP for the rewards.

Any dev that uses the excuse of a "split playerbase" to not develop or create new content for their game is copping out heavily.

Edited by Caine.8204

1 hour ago, Caine.8204 said:

I had no issues with any of the game modes I played, and I know for a fact that PVE was still heavily populated as well. What killed the GW1 community was the rigidity of the movement (no jumping, fixed maps and pathing) and GW2.

Guild Wars 1 was heavily populated in PvP, and I firmly remember queueing as dervish over and over again for random 5s. KvL faction wars were super fun too, and again, I never had an issue getting into KvL either. 

This thought process that "more game modes = split playerbase" is such a narrow viewpoint. More game modes attract different types of players. If I want a 15v15, but the only thing available is 5v5, I will only play the 5v5 because "it's all there is", or I decide not to pvp altogether. Having a few different game modes is healthy to attract different types of players, and allows variation for the players who enjoy all the modes.

Not to mention, the "split playerbase" issue can be solved EASILY with a rotating priority week for a certain queue type ; say, one week you get increased rewards from 5v5, the next week you'd get increased rewards for 15v15. It incentivizes playing multiple game modes as well as drawing new players to PvP for the rewards.

Any dev that uses the excuse of a "split playerbase" to not develop or create new content for their game is copping out heavily.

sure rotating kitten would work its already what they do by rotating wvw bonus and spvp bonus week, they just have no interest developping a game mode that only 5% of the playerbase play regurlarly, i just cant blame them

On 1/13/2022 at 9:39 AM, Caine.8204 said:

GW2 combat is a joke now compared to what it was. Vanilla GW2 PvP was the best it would ever be.

When I started playing this game, I incorrectly assumed it would have the PvP support of Guild Wars 1. I assumed there would be game modes, solo queues, and balance.

Boy was I wrong. They dropped PvP within the first year.

I have never agreed with a post more in forum history.