Utilities reordering themselves bug

So far, it looks like Arenanet is not going to bother and try fixing it.

It's been over a year since the bug came to be.

As sad as it may sound, you are better off starting to play with the default order than hoping it'll ever get fixed.

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

So far, it looks like Arenanet is not going to bother and try fixing it.

It's been over a year since the bug came to be.

As sad as it may sound, you are better off starting to play with the default order than hoping it'll ever get fixed.

That is disappointing tbh. Ive played thief with roll for initiative in my third utility slot for years, so i moved the shiro stunbreak to that slot since it's a similar skill, i do the same with lightning reflexes on ranger when i use that skill. Having it rearrange randomly to the first utility skill is just jarring, and it's just plain bad to have to break muscle memory built up on my main to accommodate this bug.  

10 hours ago, Jthug.9506 said:

I can’t blame them for not devoting engineering time to this while EoD is in final development. However it would be good to see it fixed in the next year.

They haven't "devoted" resources to fixing things well before EoD was announced, so EoD doesn't qualify as an excuse for not fixing things.

It's been this way for many years now. There are many broken things they've not even tried touching (as far as they told us).

Edited by Fueki.4753

Is a FEATURE. Has been discussed for years, along threads and threads. The programmers currently at work in ANet aren't the ones which designed the class and the way in which the skills works (with only 3 predetermined utility skills x legend instead of 4 to chose 3 from as in the rest of classes) is probably what causes the bug:

The problem is: to fix this you probably need to redo the Revenat code entirely and add the skills in the same way as the other 8 classes. This could  potentially cause new bugs with each skill and trait and mechanic, and probably is so vasty time and money consuming to do that ANet just chose to ignore.

So yeah, Revenant players are second grade citizens in this game. Don't pay money for extra gear or templates in Revenant characters since they won't work as expected and ANet won't provide you neither a fix nor a compensation for selling you a faulty product.

Edited by Buran.3796