Ventari is actually viable?

Sahne.6950

Hey guys,

I wanted to showcase a build that i am running for quite some time now. i have NEVER seen anyone else use it (even tho Vallun made a video about it) and i wonder why.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQJMPii1RTMOqiRShMCagH1U6bD-zxIY1oi/UiUBkpIoUJQvCBJPL+ItB-e  

(swap sigil of doom or battle with sigil of generosity if you struggle with condis...  100% not necessary tho) i dont use generosity

Here i am again once again providing some microwave footage so you can see the playstyle.

TRIGGERWARNING Footage was filmed on an actuall microwave, especially the first seconds can make you feel sick cuz microwave focus was wayy off!  I am not claiming that the gameplay is good / that it was hard fights / that i am a good player/ anything anyone might say. its just to show how to move the tablet and stuff and how you can abuse it to make people miss skills that they would normally hit (especially when the ranger trys to maul me in the end).

The build features the Shiroshortbow Renegade but is using Celeastialstat/antitoxinrune/Salvation tree/ Ventari.

It uses the Celestialstats alot better then the normal build because you get alot of value from healingpower thanks to Ventaritablet. Also it covers the biggest weakness of Renegade... Condipressure.

cleanses are:

Legendswap   2 condis       weaponswap  4 condis      swapping legends on staff   6 condis      Tabletcleansingskill  4 condis(this one doesnt even have a CD...) generositiy sigil 2 condis every 6 seconds     Staffskill4  4 condis    shooting thru your tablet  2 condis everytime youget projectilefinisher   exploding the tablet with projectilehate on   AOE condicleanse + antitoxinprocc |  It is noteworthy that you can also cleanse for your group! when reflect is active and you use staff 4- tabletcleanse- and then explode the tablet you cleanse 12 condis for allys and 16 from yourself! obviously can spread this out, but i just wantedto show how much you can cleanse within one second. This allows your group to just stack on you and be clean from condis and focus on their offense instead.

for example: OHH NOO I HAVE TONS OF CONDI ON ME -> sevenshot thru your tablet ( just spamming 1 does the same) and you 100% clean again. (generosity and prolly 2 projectilefinisher = 6 condis cleansed. you can cleanse yourself clean even when on the offense. and if you are under heave pressure you begin your staff/ventari magic and become condiimmune.

to conclude: This build has ALOT of  OH KITTEN buttons that instantly clean you from any condis and also it has passive barriergen so you dont even feel most of the condis at all. seriously i cant stress this enough... just by rotating your skills and using the lightfield from tablet you poop out cleanses left and right.... you can just standstill and tank 2 condimirages while /laughing.

Also this build has a projectilehate uptime of almost 100% making fighting certainbuilds an absolute meme... Imagine a pewpew ranger switching to bow and making himself useless for the next 9 seconds. 😄 and for meele opponents you have blind on demand. everytime you move your tablet you aoe blind around you. Using this and the projectilehate lets you outsmart most of the builds that are popular atm. Necros? a joke. Ranger? PFFFT. Any kind of condibuild? HAHA  thiefs? a Kitting JOKE. Its absurd to the point where you just use -40%stunduration food and dont even worry about breaking stuns, because any ranged pressure cant hit you cuz of tablet and you can just blind any meeles that spam attacks on you while you are on the ground. (its worth mentioning that you can controll the tablet even when you do other skills or are CCed.)

To top everything up you have some pretty unique tools to help even in largergroups. you can provide permanent alacrity to teammates using siege and have a constant projectilehate bubble around them meanwhile. Also moving your projectilehatetablet on the tip of zergs give the whole zerg projectilehate.

The only downside of the build is learning to move the tablet and actually using it to blind and block projectiles. Learning to move the tablet can be a pain in the kitten but once it becomes musclememory its /gg for any enemy roamers that you encouter. If you play this build atleast semi good you wont die in any 1v1 encounter.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Anti toxin with tablet its actualy clever 🙂

~It is interesting that ur downing players when u have more openess for them to easily pk u 😄

Q: shiro cause its elite skill CC to make torment tick hard i assume?

a: I Very rarely use the ult ( altho i did it in the clip, but only because i saw he dodged twice and had no stunbreak left.) Shiro ONLY for phasetraversal and the rollback. you keep all the energy you have just for those 2 movement skills. A problem i have with most of the cele builds is that most of them can be easily kited or cant kite themself. Thanks to phasetraversal you stick to your opponent like glue or you can use the doublerollback to gain some distance when outnumbered (dont know the name sry). Those mobility skills actually give you room to capitalise on your massive sustain.

~It is interesting that ur downing players when u have more openess for them to easily pk u

The build is perfect to turn situations around that you would normally lose on any other build. cuz you can go into full defensemode with staff and vetari and recover to a point where you are comfortable again. You can then reengage with shirotraversal and surprise your opponents with a fast bow combo that brings him down to 50% or even 0% if he has no cleanses left.... Rinse and repeat and you won the 2v1.

Edited by Sahne.6950

I mean all that is good, but what is the actual point of playing that build? I’d imagine mediocre players stall that build completely? 

Also the aim is to just tank anything condi and  short bow auto things to death? 

you’d get the same level of anti-condi running dwarf over ventari and cleansing sigil on your main weapon set, then at least you have a stun break and stability?

6 hours ago, Faolain.2374 said:

I mean all that is good, but what is the actual point of playing that build? I’d imagine mediocre players stall that build completely? 

Also the aim is to just tank anything condi and  short bow auto things to death? 

you’d get the same level of anti-condi running dwarf over ventari and cleansing sigil on your main weapon set, then at least you have a stun break and stability?

Stalling this build? mediocre players? why does everyone think anyone that posts anything on these forums is a complete noob and never had a real opponent? :DD im playing for almost 8 years now and i spend most of my day roaming or duelling in armistice so i think i had atleast a few good opponents 😛 (im plat 2 in pvp (with this exact build, using Sage amulett) aswell but that mode is kitten and has nothing to do with wvw)

The damage is actually surprisingly high, as long as you sit on 25 might (which you do all the time, use f2). The only build that can stall it is a good Celeweaver. If you find yourself in a hard fight and the enemy wont die you have to setup a CC Chain. Ventariult has no CD and is a very strong CC tool. you can just throw the tablet at someone and precast the ultimate. the tablet will explode and push the enemy... OH WHAT IS THAT!!! SKILL HAS NO CD!!! you just throw it at him again and keep him CCed. when you notice he cant break the CC anymore you swap to shiro and ult. The ammount of cc is KWAZY and is enough to make most people fk up. if you are getting stalled with the build you are not playing it to its full potential.

I tried doublecleansing with dwarf and it is not even close when it comes to condis. you have the cleanse on legendswap with the ventari and antitoxin aswell + you have like 6 other sources of cleanse the one big being the lightfield on demand -> shooting thru it keeps you clean most of the time. The ammount of cleanse that you can pump out without even going into your defensive rotation is just nice to have. Also you dont have to swap legends / weapons when it is not optimal just to cleanse, like you have to do on a dwarf build, which results in a more fluid gameplay even when under pressure and overall a more survivable build. 

then at least you have a stun break and stability?

you do actually have stunbreaks even with ventari build?! lol (shiro stunbreaks... same as you have with dwarf build.. ok your missing the ultimate.. i see that.... but overall salvation/ventari is more sustain.

You use ventari and salvation to boost your sustain by a ton. you have alot more boonuptime/passive barriergain/ 100% projectilehate uptime/ and BLIND ON DEMAND (its really strong cuz it has no casttime and can be used at any point. you can make people miss every big hit that they throw at you). in the current meta having projectilehate and blind that you can apply at any given moment is a really big +. Arguably you are lacking stabi... your right.  but having the -40%CC buffood and actually using the blind/projectilehate and the knockback from tablet completely negates that.

Its so hilarious if you are cced on the floor and they are like : YARRR pirates! this is our time! and then it goes miss-miss-miss and BANG you also pushed them back and your up and running again. arguably you have to know what to evade/block/blind... so one could say that this build has a high skillceiling/floor.

watch the clip! those 2 guys in the last encounter are on me while i just lay there... none of their attacks are hitting (actually one is hitting but the passive heal from Tablet instantly heals me back to 100. I rather have a shitton of cleanse and utilitys to deal with a wide range of situations then having stabi... (when using blind and reflect you can block the CC skills before they even apply! stabi is the only reason why dwarf might be better... but ventari allows you to run salvation tree which is SOOMUCH sustain and a permanent unique -15% damage buff.

you can tank anything power aswell buddy 😛  the main goal is to kite a bit, shoot your fire field shortly infront of you, run thru it and then turn- 5 for cc and then sevenshot in the firefield. That is your optimal damage scenario. But you are actually right with one thing... against some builds just standing in your tablet and having the reflect is the way to go so you save energy by just spamming 1. and it is Kitten effective while doing so. but like i said you normally dont do that xD BUT YOU CAN

Edited by Sahne.6950

I've used this build since the celestial change because I wanted to try something that wasn't marauder gear and dwarf stance and I actually really like it, maybe even more so than shiro/dwarf.

It plays slower than shiro/dwarf as you want to play and kite around the bubble while utilizing the blind on the heal and trying to optimally manage your energy such as spamming 1 while in bubble for constant pressure than switching to shiro when under 10 energy to quickly burst with scorchrazor and sevenshot while on impossible odds. It's also almost impossible to die to condi and ranged projectiles on this build, I definitely feel more confident taking outnumbered fights (and win more) on this than I would on dwarf.

Most rev players will just say "what's the point, just play dwarf stance lol" which I agree in some ways but ventari is honestly not that bad and offers a different way to play rev which some people may like. However it only really works with celestial which is quite expensive for people to just go ahead and try out.

Recently though I switch between this and dwarf stance/retribution depending on how I want to play, when I want to play more aggressive I go back to dwarf/shiro.

Overall I do think ventari is viable, it doesn't lose to condi builds, you can give perma alac to siege, the projectile hate is annoying af, you're tanky while still doing decent damage with good boon uptime, and more. The only problem I have is of course the lack of stab, usually you can just wait the CC out but if there's enough pressure you may be forced to spend 30 energy (riposting shadows) to get out which may cause some issues regarding energy management and invite the opponent to pressure you even more (if they're good).

4 hours ago, Death.2174 said:

I've used this build since the celestial change because I wanted to try something that wasn't marauder gear and dwarf stance and I actually really like it, maybe even more so than shiro/dwarf.

It plays slower than shiro/dwarf as you want to play and kite around the bubble while utilizing the blind on the heal and trying to optimally manage your energy such as spamming 1 while in bubble for constant pressure than switching to shiro when under 10 energy to quickly burst with scorchrazor and sevenshot while on impossible odds. It's also almost impossible to die to condi and ranged projectiles on this build, I definitely feel more confident taking outnumbered fights (and win more) on this than I would on dwarf.

Most rev players will just say "what's the point, just play dwarf stance lol" which I agree in some ways but ventari is honestly not that bad and offers a different way to play rev which some people may like. However it only really works with celestial which is quite expensive for people to just go ahead and try out.

Recently though I switch between this and dwarf stance/retribution depending on how I want to play, when I want to play more aggressive I go back to dwarf/shiro.

Overall I do think ventari is viable, it doesn't lose to condi builds, you can give perma alac to siege, the projectile hate is annoying af, you're tanky while still doing decent damage with good boon uptime, and more. The only problem I have is of course the lack of stab, usually you can just wait the CC out but if there's enough pressure you may be forced to spend 30 energy (riposting shadows) to get out which may cause some issues regarding energy management and invite the opponent to pressure you even more (if they're good).

Listen to the man above! he even made his first forum post to tell you its good 😄 ❤️

are you using the -40%stunduration buffood? cuz without it i would cry!

Edited by Sahne.6950

It's not user-friendly due to how tablet works that's primarily why ventari doesn't see much play.

It also doesn't provide stability from Jalis for chokepoints which is the main reason you'd run a revenant of any kind in group WVW after CoR nerfs , besides the party fury from facets , Banish Enchantment boon rip or alacrity (if  partly diviner ren). The two primary supports are scrapper and firebrand ever since 2019's gyro change. This means unless you swap a scrapper to DPS and retain stealth/superspeed (since you aren't replacing firebrand stability at all) you lose a DPS slot to run this tablet build.

If you mean in roaming then this sort of setup is more attrition based seeing how the power damage is severely lacking (staff has awful power damage and shortbow is projectile). Your biggest spike is going to be from "abusing"  Impossible Odds' interaction with multi-hit skills similar to how a soulbeast uses One Wolf Pack with Rapid Fire / Barrage / Whirling Defense.

Edited by Infusion.7149

Silly question, but if you have recorded the fights, why record the fights on your microwave then upload to youtube when you could have just uploaded the base files to youtube instead?

On topic, I've been playing the build in PvE and WvW recently, but I'm not good enough with it to really say much else. It feels nice, I just haven't worked out how not to be fish food while roaming yet. I'll probably comment later when I do. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:09 PM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Silly question, but if you have recorded the fights, why record the fights on your microwave then upload to youtube when you could have just uploaded the base files to youtube instead?

On topic, I've been playing the build in PvE and WvW recently, but I'm not good enough with it to really say much else. It feels nice, I just haven't worked out how not to be fish food while roaming yet. I'll probably comment later when I do. 

cuz a while back me and my brother were experimenting with builds and i wanted him to show some footage. so i cut on the footage i had to the best bits and pressed play on the phone. i can upload uncut bits of me duelling if you like! i recorded some today.

EDIT: im uploading atm its gonna be up in 10 its just me duelling some people.

HERE WE GOO! My brother is talking nonstop over Teamspeak... im sorry for that xD

Edited by Sahne.6950

12 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

~It is interesting that ur downing players when u have more openess for them to easily pk u

The build is perfect to turn situations around that you would normally lose on any other build. cuz you can go into full defensemode with staff and vetari and recover to a point where you are comfortable again. You can then reengage with shirotraversal and surprise your opponents with a fast bow combo that brings him down to 50% or even 0% if he has no cleanses left.... Rinse and repeat and you won the 2v1.

Yeah defense with blinding truth ventari trait and some kite damage is really a good , even better  if u have some object that helps troll the enemy while enemy getting blinded every 3 sec it is amazing.

Most people fail to understand how easy is to counter when one is on the tablet it has a huge trade off, i dont think that build is hard to counter but still  always funny to watch  players wining with ventari that helps more alies than the caster :)  .

Note: that build would not work well here on NA.

Edit: one thing that is funny to do is explode tablet behind target making it KB in your direction alot of players will burn a dodge or evasive skills,  or if ur fast enough swap for shiro and for the elite cc.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

44 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

cuz a while back me and my brother were experimenting with builds and i wanted him to show some footage. so i cut on the footage i had to the best bits and pressed play on the phone. i can upload uncut bits of me duelling if you like! i recorded some today.

I think his point was why not use video editing software? You have the raw video saved and you are uploading to YT for hosting, why not just cut/splice the video on the computer and upload it in full glory? There are TONS of free open source video editors out there that can be used for this.

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Listen to the man above! he even made his first forum post to tell you its good 😄 ❤️

are you using the -40%stunduration buffood? cuz without it i would cry!

I generally use 30% or 40% endurance gain food if there isn't any ascended food to scavenge.

I would describe it as an anti-roamer build since it's built to counter common gimmicks seen in small scale. So it at the very least has a template slot, and yes I do.

It's most useful in situations involving 5-10 people where you can render half the enemy group's (most likely pew pew) useless. You can do the same with an ele though; however the ventari rev is far more effective at attacking structures with a few people vs a few people as the tablet would stop disableers and various other nonsense while providing alacrity.

Also while we appreciate the work you put into recording, you can't really expect people to watch the potato quality. Come on now, try watching yourself for a few minutes.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

8 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I would describe it as an anti-roamer build since it's built to counter common gimmicks seen in small scale. So it at the very least has a template slot, and yes I do.

It's most useful in situations involving 5-10 people where you can render half the enemy group's (most likely pew pew) useless. You can do the same with an ele though; however the ventari rev is far more effective at attacking structures with a few people vs a few people as the tablet would stop disableers and various other nonsense while providing alacrity.

Also while we appreciate the work you put into recording, you can't really expect people to watch the potato quality. Come on now, try watching yourself for a few minutes.

Build is primarily for roaming (solo or with 1 or 2 friends id say).

I am sorry for potatoquality! i made the post from my phone when i was on a travel and it was tho only footage i had. also i made disclaimerwarnings and told you it was microwave GAMING. so its your own fault for looking at it :D no jokes aside i know its kitten. :P

10 hours ago, Death.2174 said:

I generally use 30% or 40% endurance gain food if there isn't any ascended food to scavenge.

you 100% have to use the -stundurationfood! if you want more endurance there is a rune that gives endurance on healing aka. on moving the tablet, but it completely guts your cleanse... you could also use rune of fighter and switcht the sigil of battle for sigil of cleansing... I tried almost everypossible switch you could imagine. you have a tiny bit less cleanse but more endurance... overall i think its not worth it...

so -stunduration is a necessary if you dont want to get chainCCed from any warrior... this buffood is rly op cuz it fks up the timing for certain combos that people throw at you. For real how can you play without? 😧

Edited by Sahne.6950

12 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's not user-friendly due to how tablet works that's primarily why ventari doesn't see much play.

It also doesn't provide stability from Jalis for chokepoints which is the main reason you'd run a revenant of any kind in group WVW after CoR nerfs , besides the party fury from facets , Banish Enchantment boon rip or alacrity (if  partly diviner ren). The two primary supports are scrapper and firebrand ever since 2019's gyro change. This means unless you swap a scrapper to DPS and retain stealth/superspeed (since you aren't replacing firebrand stability at all) you lose a DPS slot to run this tablet build.

If you mean in roaming then this sort of setup is more attrition based seeing how the power damage is severely lacking (staff has awful power damage and shortbow is projectile). Your biggest spike is going to be from "abusing"  Impossible Odds' interaction with multi-hit skills similar to how a soulbeast uses One Wolf Pack with Rapid Fire / Barrage / Whirling Defense.

sevenshot hits up to 5.5k with 25 might... i dont consider that low when taking into account that most of the dmg is meant to be condis. Staff is only for healing/cleansing and weakness. its not meant to be offensive and it doesnt have to! just pew pew pew!

Build is primarily for solo / duo roaming so your GvG theorys dont apply.

your main damage is from stacking burn and torment from shooting thru your firefield with sevenshot(projectilefinisher burn adds some nice damage). Even with impossible odds active   (i rarely use it.. jsut for energy management) its just a tiny bit of dmg more.. i mostly ignore the powerdmg completely and focus on the condis. Dmg is more then enough as it is.

once you understand how to precast your skills that they instantly happen as soon as the tablet reaches its destination it becomes pretty easy and doesnt feel clunky anymore. But i mainly play this build for over a year now so that could just be me.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you 100% have to use the -stundurationfood! if you want more endurance there is a rune that gives endurance on healing aka. on moving the tablet, but it completely guts your cleanse... you could also use rune of fighter and switcht the sigil of battle for sigil of cleansing... I tried almost everypossible switch you could imagine. you have a tiny bit less cleanse but more endurance... overall i think its not worth it...

so -stunduration is a necessary if you dont want to get chainCCed from any warrior... this buffood is rly op cuz it fks up the timing for certain combos that people throw at you. For real how can you play without? 😧

Honestly I never thought about using stun reduction food as I'd rather just dodge the CC, however I am not opposed to the idea and will keep it in mind in the future.

I could probably have some in my inventory in case I find myself fighting a warrior but honestly nowadays I don't really see many warriors, and plus most of their CC are extremely telegraphed such bull's charge, rampage abilities, shield bash, etc. Sadly as someone who mainly played warrior in the past, I feel the least threatened of all professions when I see a warrior.

However like I said I'll give it a try in the future as it'll for sure be useful against ele shocking aura, other random stuns, or even hammer spellbreaker chain CCing (even though I legit have not encountered one in years but I if do, my 'just dodge lol' approach probably wouldn't be as effective).

Edited by Death.2174

1 hour ago, Death.2174 said:

Honestly I never thought about using stun reduction food as I'd rather just dodge the CC, however I am not opposed to the idea and will keep it in mind in the future.

I could probably have some in my inventory in case I find myself fighting a warrior but honestly nowadays I don't really see many warriors, and plus most of their CC are extremely telegraphed such bull's charge, rampage abilities, shield bash, etc. Sadly as someone who mainly played warrior in the past, I feel the least threatened of all professions when I see a warrior.

However like I said I'll give it a try in the future as it'll for sure be useful against ele shocking aura, other random stuns, or even hammer spellbreaker chain CCing (even though I legit have not encountered one in years but I if do, my 'just dodge lol' approach probably wouldn't be as effective).

warrior was just an example. The -stunduration works on other CCs aswell! I think... correct me if im wrong it works on everything except Chill, fear and roots, cuz they count as conditions and therefore can be cleansed. The other things like knockback, daze, etc. get affected by the -duration. so its the perfect food to round up the build cuz its one weakness is not having stabi so you will get CCed at some point.

Edited by Sahne.6950

12 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Build is primarily for roaming (solo or with 1 or 2 friends id say).

I am sorry for potatoquality! i made the post from my phone when i was on a travel and it was tho only footage i had. also i made disclaimerwarnings and told you it was microwave GAMING. so its your own fault for looking at it 😄 no jokes aside i know its kitten. 😛

Well that's the problem, I didn't really watch it xD I saw 360p and wondered how you recorded the video before Gw2 came out. 🙃

But that's fine, we'll just leave it at that since you seemed to record a proper video later on (move it to the op IMO)

And yea it does work as a roaming build too.

• 3 weeks later...