Story mode is hardly enjoyable

daimon.1459

19 hours ago, daimon.1459 said:

Maybe the story its not for me then, mostly i get very angry in every story boss fight, i didnt have any problem during map explorations.

Im thief D/D P/P, sorry cant share my build, i cant create metabattle account, for some reason my ip got blocked to create an account there.

I've been trying to change and adjust the build, currently i feel comfortable with this :

Critical Strikes - Twinfangs, Practice Tolerance, Invi Precision

Acrobatic - Pain Response, Guarded Initiation, Assassins Reward

Daredevil - Escapist Fort, Pulmo Impact, Impaling Lotus

Armor - 4 set Assasin, 2 Berserker : 6 rune of scholar

Dagger - 2 Berserker : sigil air + Accuracy

Pistol - 2 Rampager : sigil air + force

for the skill i use mostly signet and dagger storm.

Lets see if you can give me some input to improve my build. Currently i only do PVE and map completion.

I do not see any trinkets etc listed.  An I just missing them?  Did you not list them?  Do you not have them?

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, daimon.1459 said:

I think its already mention in the past by other players too, and i just want to express that i feel exhausted, annoyed and angry everytime i play story mode. Specially when its time to kill the boss.

The boss skill is stupidly overpowered + unlimited minion + sometimes imposible to dodge + stupid NPC looking through the wall.

The boss fights are the most enjoyable thing about many of the story missions. Not in Icebrood Saga, I admit, as those are mostly boring dodge-fests. But "overpowered" or otherwise unable to overcome is just inaccurate.

P.S. What do you mean by "an NPC looking through the wall"? :classic_huh:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

For me and my friends, story isn't hard. And we never ever think it was. Nothing is designed to be hard for story mode. I mean when lvl cap for main story was just a warning I used to do the instances with 5-6 less lvls. All went fine for me even without build knowledge or proper gear. And that's why me and some friends think they should add some difficulty in story mode. For exemple "migraine" achiev is great but also soloable, maybe they should add a challenge mote for all new story so if you don't want challenge you don't have and if you want you have it.

If you have an hard time with story, review your build and play better. I see too much peepos just pressing 1 and rushing into the mobs...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What "story mode"? Dungeons? They are group content - still considered easier than other stuff (raids).

For the "personal story" - the core story: Pretty easy even with random gear.

Starting from season 2 (and later HoT and PoF as well) there are some grindier bosses (lot of HP or you might die often ... but for most they are not resetting HP and you can just continue) - but everything is soloable.

I think I remember some Balthazar fight being annoying (but mainly cause you easily could manage to accidentally leave the instance - having to go in again and fight from beginning) and that annoying Stavemaster guy in HoT at the beginning. (At least for melee build a bit annoying. With 2nd char and ranged/sturdier ... I found it easier.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

6 hours ago, daimon.1459 said:

i use trinkets, but still random trinkets, i havent get the stats i want, so i didnt mention it.

Fair enough, the stats you gain from trinkets are about the same as what you get from Weapons and Armor combined, so they are a significant source.  I suppose I would suggest starting there, focus on getting a set of trinkets in the desired stats, if you have LS3 it is relatively easy to get stat selectable ascended trinkets.  

• Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 5:34 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

P.S. What do you mean by "an NPC looking through the wall"? :classic_huh:

In that fight where you have to get the boss to charge the minions to kill them so the boss becomes vulnerable, I once had Garm corner the last minion against a chunk of ice that protected it from the boss’s charge. I had to restart the instance.

In the fight against the shadow of the dragon, the eternal fire sometimes gets flung in right on top of one of those pod mines.

So, yeah, sometimes the friendly npcs do work against you. It’s just part of living with AI though, and doesn’t happen so often that it makes things unplayable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

I agree.  Story mode turns to garbage at the boss fights.   Too many "mechanics" for it to be enjoyable.  Mostly I fail my way through the boss fights.  Its rare for my builds to go through the story boss fights without ever downing.   Its super rare to have a boss fight that goes smoothly.  Sometimes I fail so badly I just get up and walk away, come back in 15 mins to dink and dink away at the failed fight thats still running. Not fun.

I just played the Confessor's End with Caudecus on a Thief.  Super frustrating fight as most boss fights are in this game.

They need to scale the boss mechanics to something more manageable while solo.  Then "up" the "mechanics" when there are more people in the group or allow you to rerun them and "up" it for an achievement point.

I feel like I need permanent swiftness and quickness x10 to be able to move around and think.  Everything in most boss fights has to be played perfectly with no room for error.  Its just frustrating to play and is the part of the game I dread the most.

Edited by America.9437
  • Confused 3

Wow, crazy thread necro there.

I'm definitely no precision player, but with a decent build and understanding of the mechanics, I could get through all the story just fine. It's easy to blame the game, but if you spend a little time looking into why you're having trouble, you might find your experience night and day different.

You're playing LW3, which means you have access to Daredevil. Go bounding dodger staff, have a basic undersanding of the mechanics, and you should breeze through the story instances. I've played through the story on a few professions, and had the least trouble with Daredevil.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Wow, crazy thread necro there.

I'm definitely no precision player, but with a decent build and understanding of the mechanics, I could get through all the story just fine. It's easy to blame the game, but if you spend a little time looking into why you're having trouble, you might find your experience night and day different.

You're playing LW3, which means you have access to Daredevil. Go bounding dodger staff, have a basic undersanding of the mechanics, and you should breeze through the story instances. I've played through the story on a few professions, and had the least trouble with Daredevil.

Boss fights are still not enjoyable due to their overwhelming bull kitten aoe spam garbage.  Not much a player can do when the entire floor is filled when red circles.  I can understand a few red circles here and there, a tricky but manageable boss mechanic here and there.   But when the ground is filled with red circles and a sliver of safe space that is impossible to get to, yeah, its not fun.  When the boss/adds are pumping out skill after skill after skill with seemingly no cooldowns.  Yeah, not fun.  Not even fun to try and learn the "mechanics".

Boss fights need to slow there bull kitten by about 75% so a player can enjoy and learn the fight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4