Obsidian Resource - Gobbler

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

silverwaste chest farm or mining pof guild hall then probabely not crafting any legendaries is my bet.

Oh, interesting. It’s been quite as while since I’ve done silverwaste chests. Maybe I should head back there again. 

I’ve forever been one boss shy of the four for the achievement, too. Maybe I could finally catch it while getting my obsidian stockpile built.

I've been using my spare obsidian to craft Fulgurite, which can then be crafted into Jeweled Patches or Plated Dowels.  It's a decent obsidian to gold conversion, albeit inconsistent due to requiring the HoT map currencies.

3 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Yes to this. Also, if we got a gobbler for eternal ice shards called the Cold Turkey, I wouldn't be opposed.

You can convert these into LWS4 mats with karma, which can then be changed into volatile magic.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

silverwaste chest farm or mining pof guild hall then probabely not crafting any legendaries is my bet.

Indeed. I have two or three bags full of these, and I was talking to one of the whales who pays people for the thing from gift of exploration so they can make heaps and heaps of Legendaries. They said that Obsidian Shards are a bottleneck.

Since I regularly do the HoT metas for infusion/amalgamated/daily stuff I have way more HoT ascended materials than obsidian shards, so in the end obsidian is actually my bottleneck for crafting fulgurite for jeweled stuff which is 12-15g a piece.

If you dedicate a weekend to some HoT meta powerfarming I'm sure you can eat a good chunk of your obsidian stacks and make a lot of gold in the process, assuming you regularly craft your daily ascended silk/leather/wood/mithril.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:07 PM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Yes to this. Also, if we got a gobbler for eternal ice shards called the Cold Turkey, I wouldn't be opposed.

You are probably already aware of this, but on the off chance you aren't, I take shards and trade them in for Mistborn Motes and then consume those for Volatile Magic, which in turn I use to buy Trophy Supply Crates for the mats. It's a little cumbersome but since I DO make the odd legendary, this works for me. 

**EDIT** Dang it, I really do know better than to reply before reading the rest of the posts. Ninja'd by Darc by a mere 4 hours. 

Edited by Moira Shalaar.5620
update based previous comment

On 1/13/2022 at 2:08 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

You can convert these into LWS4 mats with karma, which can then be changed into volatile magic. 

10 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

You can trade Eternal Ice Shards for volatile magic.

6 hours ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

You are probably already aware of this, but

Thanks lads, but as it turns out I was already aware of this. None of those options are a gobbler called the Cold Turkey. I'd also support a gobbler for Hatched Chilis, but I haven't got a snappy name ready yet. Any ideas?

44 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Thanks lads, but as it turns out I was already aware of this. None of those options are a gobbler called the Cold Turkey. I'd also support a gobbler for Hatched Chilis, but I haven't got a snappy name ready yet. Any ideas?

How about Spicy bottoms?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

How do you end up with so much? This is one of those things I'm forever trying to build up.

You could buy them with karma.

Every 525k karma is a stack of Obsidian Shards but wouldn't take up space.

In general, I reserve around 600k karma in the event I might need to, though I usually have too many Obsidian Shards since I usually don't make many legendaries.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

Also this can help.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

8 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You could buy them with karma.

Every 525k karma is a stack of Obsidian Shards but wouldn't take up space.

In general, I reserve around 600k karma in the event I might need to, though I usually have too many Obsidian Shards since I usually don't make many legendaries.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

Also this can help.

Thanks!

I have bought with karma, but I’m always wary of draining my karma reserves too much since it buys such a wide variety of things that I have a hard time tracking what I’ll need it for next. This is the first year I intentionally farmed orphan presents, so I’m back up to 2.5M karma, which makes it a decent option again.

I just recently started using my energy matter converter, which sat unused in my inventory for quite a while because I didn’t quite get its usefulness. I’ve just gotten into the habit of checking for bags of obsidian in it when I log in now. I’m actually running low on aurilium and crystals now because of it and not having done those maps in a while.

I’ve also done chest runs in Bjora to get Ice Shards to convert to Volatile Magic to buy Obsidian.

All of these things in the past were “oh, I need more obsidian for crafting this gear” moments, though. I did them reactively so I never ended up with a stockpile.

13 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I'd LOVE a Hatched Chili gobbler, I'd consider calling it something along the lines of Back Burner or Afterburn. Not nearly as appropriate as Cold Turkey for the ice shards but its the best I can do atm. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Thanks!

I have bought with karma, but I’m always wary of draining my karma reserves too much since it buys such a wide variety of things that I have a hard time tracking what I’ll need it for next. This is the first year I intentionally farmed orphan presents, so I’m back up to 2.5M karma, which makes it a decent option again.

I just recently started using my energy matter converter, which sat unused in my inventory for quite a while because I didn’t quite get its usefulness. I’ve just gotten into the habit of checking for bags of obsidian in it when I log in now. I’m actually running low on aurilium and crystals now because of it and not having done those maps in a while.

I’ve also done chest runs in Bjora to get Ice Shards to convert to Volatile Magic to buy Obsidian.

All of these things in the past were “oh, I need more obsidian for crafting this gear” moments, though. I did them reactively so I never ended up with a stockpile.

Well, that's why I brought up 525k karma. That's enough shards (250) for a  legendary but I guess you could keep it at 1.05 million if you're aggressively pursuing them.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well, that's why I brought up 525k karma. That's enough shards (250) for a  legendary but I guess you could keep it at 1.05 million if you're aggressively pursuing them.

Yes, absolutely. I hope it didn’t sound like I was trying to argue! I was pretty low on karma until recently due to buying other things, but that’s totally doable now.