High risk, low reward

Athan.7956

8 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

That would be the idea, yes. Non boon duration gear would not be viable to keep perma alac up.

would be perfect tbh

No, it would kill class outright.

No, this is bad idea. DPS should NEVER depends on how hard rotation is. Very bad idea. Like VERY bad. Other than that, seems somewhat reasonable. Though, I'd bump condi scourge to 35-is K and hit sustain on viper/zerker (non support gear).

DPS should depend on what the average performance is realistically. If you don't have boons on scourge , any thief, or mirage or DH for example it means far less than on weaver.
I actually did Conjured Amalgamate one time with one subgroup having zero quickness. The disparity between subgroups was far less than expected because DH is all about the burst.
If condi weaver does less than 40K nobody is realistically running it unless they love weaver when you can play a 40K cDPS firebrand or renegade and not be at the utter mercy of your boons. Even if renegade were 36K DPS and firebrand no longer were taken as purely DPS you still need an acceptable margin of damage to allow for imperfect gameplay.

Also you can't hit "sustain on viper/zerker" because there is no sustain on that gear whatsoever. You mean hitting base barrier with zero healing power on scourge, which is what I wrote above rather clearly.

Edited by Infusion.7149

2 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

would be perfect tbh

You underestimate how much of a buff to firebrand it would be if everything got dropped to 5 man.

HFB is the strongest 5 man healer, it'd become the best healer. 

Condi FB is one of the best Condi options in the game. 

It'd kills a build, but it defintly wouldn't kill FB. 

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Ele has best heal/sec. HFB has boons and healing, that's why, it needs to be split in traits between boons healing and condi

While true in raids, ele would take a nerf in itself being dropped to 5 man while HFBs power would grow in that environment. 

Maybe it is harsh. 

But you cannot have a quickness, stab and aegis provider in one if you have any hope for new quickness speccs such as catalyst or harbinger to seriously be used in content. A DPS nerf won't solve this. 

HFB provides too many boons, the role compression causes it to be toxic towards the meta. So unless you want another 4 years of FB dominance something has to be changed. 

With firebrand on the table. Catalysts and harbingers only hope would be to fill a DPS role realistically. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

While true in raids, ele would take a nerf in itself being dropped to 5 man while HFBs power would grow in that environment. 

Maybe it is harsh. 

But you cannot have a quickness, stab and aegis provider in one if you have any hope for new quickness speccs such as catalyst or harbinger to seriously be used in content. A DPS nerf won't solve this. 

HFB provides too many boons, the role compression causes it to be toxic towards the meta. So unless you want another 4 years of FB dominance something has to be changed. 

With firebrand on the table. Catalysts and harbingers only hope would be to fill a DPS role realistically. 

I think you misunderstood me. To hit HFB where it hurts, traits need to be split between healing, boon duration and condi, and having next to no usage if no traited in other elite traitline. like 1-1-1 dor healing, 2-2-2 for boon, 3-3-3 for dps (thats example, not hot it works currently)

Edited by Bakeneko.5826

2 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I think you misunderstood me. To hit HFB where it hurts, traits need to be split between healing, boon duration and condi, and having next to no usage if no traited in other elite traitline. like 1-1-1 dor healing, 2-2-2 for boon, 3-3-3 for dps (thats example, not hot it works currently)

Aaah so you mean make it impossible to do all 3, that could defintly work. 

I would question unless u make things like quickness a actual trait instead of baseline how many dead buttons it would create limiting them off in that way however. 

Edited by Daddy.8125