So let me get this straight

8 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I'm not convinced that's inherent to the subscription model and unlike GW2, WoW offers a variety of content to support game modes other than just solo PvE.  That's the biggest downside to B2P/F2P.  What do we get for PvP?  Conquest, conquest, a little more conquest?  Fractals?  One every 1.5-2 years?  Raids? Dead.  Dungeons? Dead.

Again, I'm not advocating to change GW2 to sub model.  Like I said, it wouldn't work here.  But somebody asked why you would want to pay and that's why.  I played WoW for years and it consistently delivered way more content than GW2 ever has.  If it were just me, I'd gladly pay more to get more content. 

...I'm not sure you want to hold up WoW's PvP as the better-supported option here. By all accounts the PvP gear gap is in the sorriest state it's ever been in, and it's been in some real sorry states.

Edited by mikansei.5742
unintentional kitten <_<
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mikansei.5742 said:

...I'm not sure you want to hold up WoW's PvP as the better-supported option here. By all accounts the PvP gear gap is in the sorriest state it's ever been in, and it's been in some real sorry states.

All I am saying is if I could have GW2 but with way more content like WoW delivers, kitten yeah I would pay a subscription for that.  But for various reasons that wouldn't work here, so I'm not suggesting it.  Anyway, I can see this is too complex a concept for people.  Minds are starting to blow.  Time to move on.  Have a nice thread!

• Confused 3
5 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

All I am saying is if I could have GW2 but with way more content like WoW delivers, kitten yeah I would pay a subscription for that.  But for various reasons that wouldn't work here, so I'm not suggesting it.  Anyway, I can see this is too complex a concept for people.  Minds are starting to blow.  Time to move on.  Have a nice thread!

Pretty sure its just confusion since people often cite WoW failing due to lack of content.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2022 at 12:50 AM, Dragontamer.9546 said:

So I have to buy the living stories just tp play them? I get it the price of the game content is 200 diamonds but still why do I buy any game Content after buying the game ?  They should just do what most games do and do  monthly fee MMorpgs are just a money sink. we all know this but it is getting to the point were you just are big money of you have to tack a loan out on your house just to play the game . I know if I Don't like it then don't play it yup I got it No need to say it .One more thing this game could do it if you are a new account you should get living story 2 for free. 

These posts are just weird. Anet has a business model that works and the content is reasonably priced while giving players choices (and considering the fact that you can buy these with gems ... is actually a very GRACIOUS thing for Anet to offer). They are going to change it because you think there is a problem you have to pay for content directly?

I mean, ... 200 Gems is less than THREE US DOLLARS ... what is the problem here?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1