Barrier to Entry

Guild Wars 2 looks deceptively cheap to get into. Only $30 for the expansions.

But they don't include LW stories. It's not made clear that you need to buy those as well.

And then there's the absurd skyscale grind. It's not just grindy, it's bad design: 100 waypoint clicks using a guide.

And yes, EoD was made with Skyscale in mind. The devs "can't wait for you to explore Cantha with your Skyscale.."

Oh, and the framerate sucks. Its main draw is open world, where you get used to 5 fps around 30 people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Oh, and the framerate sucks. Its main draw is open world, where you get used to 5 fps around 30 people.

Even with more than 30 players around me my frame rate doesn’t drop to 5 fps. 

2 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

And then there's the absurd skyscale grind. It's not just grindy, it's bad design: 100 waypoint clicks using a guide.

I can’t really understand all the crying regarding the skyscale. If you don’t like the collection or think it’s bad design, don’t do it. It is not necessary to have the Skyscale. Besides that it doesn’t take that long to get. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ahh.  I was interested in the title then I realized who the author was…

I guess I should look into the block function.  

Just another twist on living world not being part of the game for new players and skyscale being ‘hard to get’.  

It’s not like there aren’t multiple threads on these…. 🙄

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

But they don't include LW stories. It's not made clear that you need to buy those as well.

Ah and you don’t need to buy them, you can buy them if you want any to play them. With a 2 minute research everyone can figure that out. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 1

My son, who plays 2-4 hours a week, had no problem getting his skyscale.

And I only get 5 FPS on my ancient, potato powered laptop when I forget to plug it in so it decides to run in power saving mode. The rest of the time I get 30fps or more.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

If it's brought up multiple times, it for a reason.

This is a logical fallacy called, "argumentum ad populum". Just because multiple people think or feel a certain way, does not mean they are right.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2