How excited are you for EoD compared to HoT and PoF?

How excited are you for EoD compared to HoT and PoF?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you for EoD compared to HoT and PoF?

Less excited by far. Elite specs are what interest me most, but bladesworn and untaimed just feel bad. Fishing as a major feature is pretty lol given that it's been a staple for MMOs for ages. Plus Anet didn't even make it interesting like they did with mounts. Arborstone seems like Sunspear Sanctuary 2.0. So yeah‥

At least Lost Ark is releasing next month. So that's something.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

More excited for EoD than I was for HoT, but less excited than I was for PoF. 

For HoT it was gliders I wanted. PoF was mounts. EoD is fishing.  Mounts were a bigger selling point for me.

New maps are whatever, and the extra skills don't really interest me. I loved Cantha in GW so I hope this is good (mostly played Shing Jea). I am sorry the stupid rock ocean is still a thing (dumbest part of GW). 

• Like 2

HoT was the first expansion. I had over 4k hours in the core game in just 2 years. So was very excited. The HoT trailer was by far the best one as well.

That part where they revealed the gliders really got me excited.

Mounts got me even more excited 🙂

I'm excited for EoD and want fishing.  But would be lying if I said it have me more excited than gliders or mounts. Also skiffs is pretty cool I suppose, just with a skimmer already it doesn't exactly blow me away.

I'm glad we got the skyscale, but i'm a bit surprised they didn't save it for the expansion now that I think about it. Would have probably generated a lot more hype.

But gliders/mounts is hard to top when they've already done that.

I'm just happy this game still gets expansions.

Hopefully the story and maps will be really good.

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 2

Considering I was positivly surprised that we're going to Cantha, that little excitement was soon gone when the core features were published. I couldn't care less about fishing and skimming and given the design of the existing Strike Missions, I suspect the new ones to be just another quick 5 minute farm.

I'm open for a positive surprise, until then I just don't expect much.

Edited by Nash.2681
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

HoT was the first expansion. I had over 4k hours in the core game in just 2 years. So was very excited. The HoT trailer was by far the best one as well.

That part where they revealed the gliders really got me excited.

Mounts got me even more excited 🙂

I'm excited for EoD and want fishing.  But would be lying if I said it have me more excited than gliders or mounts. Also skiffs is pretty cool I suppose, just with a skimmer already it doesn't exactly blow me away.

I'm glad we got the skyscale, but i'm a bit surprised they didn't save it for the expansion now that I think about it. Would have probably generated a lot more hype.

But gliders/mounts is hard to top when they've already done that.

I'm just happy this game still gets expansions.

Hopefully the story and maps will be really good.

I agree, hard to top glider and mounts. EoD specialization also failed to excite me. The beautiful map is the biggest selling point so far.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cynova.1236 said:

Will be hilarious to see the results AFTER EoD releases and disappoints hhahahah!!😂😳

I can't imagine why it would be so hilarious.  The forums represent such a small fraction of the player base as to make any such poll meaningless.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

The main things I want from an expansion are new story and new areas to explore, and with all 3 I knew I was getting that from the start. If I like any of the additional features that's a bonus. I'm also not the type of person to get massively worked up about a computer game. If I like it then it's a nice thing to do in my spare time, if I don't like it as much as I expected then I'll spend a bit less time doing it. Between the two it's hard for me to measure levels of 'excitement' because it's more like calm interest.

Also my initial reaction to HoT was more confusion about the way the purchase worked - like a lot of people I thought when they announced that you could get the base game and expansion for one price that there would also be a version with just the expansion and it took a minute to work out what they were saying (effectively the base game was now free, and you only had to buy the expansion) which killed any excitement from the initial surprise that there was an expansion at all. That didn't happen with PoF and HoT of course, but it was also less of a surprise that they were doing another expansion.

Overall I'd say I'm looking forward to this one as much as the previous two.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

HoT: I was super hyped because it was the first expansion, Elites and Masteries sounded promissing, the story was compelling and the maps looked awesome. Revenant looked great and the betas had us play the elites in the actual maps which helped a lot with the hype.
PoF: I was very on board for some of the Elites and the Story, was kinda disapointed that this was going to be a nostalgia trip for GW1 players but I looked forward to the mounts. Although I never was of the opinion that GW2 needed mounts, but the way ANet handled them seemed fresh and exciting.
EoD: I'm kinda on board for some of the Elites, we know nothing about the story or what is going on in Cantha. Sure, the devs don't want to spoil anything, but this excuse to not show what awaits us gets older and older with each livestream. Fishing looks boring, Skiffs feel unnecessary if you have a maxed out Skimmer and Arborstone seems like a waste of resources. I'm looking forward to Alliances and the Siege Turtle, although I don't thnk the Turtle will bring anything new to the table if you are mostly playing alone. That this will be another nostalgia trip for GW1 players puts me off even more than it did with PoF.

Did I get it nonetheless? Sure, after all I love this game. But I can't say that I'm hyped the way that I was with HoT or PoF. The features don't appeal to me and from the Elites I'm only looking forward to maybe four of them. Things can change and maybe I will be positively suprised once EoD hits and is fixed a week after. But right now, it's just mostly meh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think I'm going to enjoy the Virtuoso and maybe the bunnythumper (not expecting that to be good however), but mainly I'm looking forward to the story. There's nothing else in it that aligns with my interests.

I'm not unhappy about that though, because there are a couple other games I could be playing instead.

HoT was supper exciting, like the first actual expansion! Raids! Levels past 80?! Guild Halls!!

It just was so much cool new stuff.

PoF Mounts were amazing, but thats about as much hype as I got for it tbh.

EoD.......I guess the strike cms could be fun?

• Like 2

Not buying. I really have a bone to pick with whoever is designing and balancing these classes. They look really bad this time around, and there's no new PvP content. My issue is more with the direction of development than with the existing game itself, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't dream of putting money on EoD atm, especially with Lost Ark around the corner. And a lot of other incredible games. If I believed in the company/devs, I would buy the xpac to support them, but after 4k hours playing since beta, I just have no hope. Nothing has changed since launch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tru Reptile.6058 said:

Less excited by far. Elite specs are what interest me most, but bladesworn and untaimed just feel bad. Fishing as a major feature is pretty lol given that it's been a staple for MMOs for ages. Plus Anet didn't even make it interesting like they did with mounts. Arborstone seems like Sunspear Sanctuary 2.0. So yeah‥

At least Lost Ark is releasing next month. So that's something.

Do you people really think that the new masteries will only be fishing related? Come on, man.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I've given up on ANY Korean MMO, I think their philosophy are too different from what I would enjoy.

Zone design in GW2 are massively above any other titles in my opinion. The recent drizzlewood map is very enjoyable. I have hopes that Cantha maps to be both beautiful and highly replayable.

Edited by phandaria.4891
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I can't imagine why it would be so hilarious.  The forums represent such a small fraction of the player base as to make any such poll meaningless.

At least it may let OP validate how vocal they have been about their disappointment. I'm not sure I can count the threads on one hand anymore.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

3/10. Fishing, a boat and turtle isn't something I would expect to be selling points of expac. I could see being shovelware to bloat one though.

Exactly this. Remove those things and everything else is just reskining and reusing code. This expansion is so cheap i feel scammed to pay it full price. See you on steam sale , EoD. I wont be waiting though.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Exactly this. Remove those things and everything else is just reskining and reusing code. This expansion is so cheap i feel scammed to pay it full price. See you on steam sale , EoD. I wont be waiting though.

Meanwhile that's exactly what WoW and Ff14 do and everyone loves it. I personally can't wait to play EOD it'll make this great game even better in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not even slightly excited.

The elite specialization were decent at best and terrible at worst. It doesn't help that Arenanet sucked my interest out of both Harmbinger and Virtuoso with their changes in the fourth beta.

The maps look far from positive. What we've seen from Shing Jea is fine, but nothing to "write home about". Both Echovald Wilds and the Jade Sea are toxic green messes that can't even be described as shadows of their former (GW1) selves. We haven't seen New kaining City yet, but if that teaser image reflects the map, it'll be even more of a toxic green mess.

The new masteries are terribly underwhelming and the toxic green reptile might even make parts of the game than just Cantha feel worse (unless it gets restricted to a very small amount of places).

It also doesn't help EoD that Elden Ring is sucking up all of my excitement, which releases at the end of February as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3