whats with this lame alliance system in wvw?

justkiddin.6035

It's undergoing tests. And last I read, it was balancing according to how much players played WvW in the past, though they've said they'd like to integrate other metrics once the system is working as they'd like. I believe typical play time of day was mentioned as a possiblity.

What part of the world are you playing in? These would hardly be peak hours in NA.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

it already broken with the ultra-stacking alliance guild that all different guilds joined together to crush smaller guild, and it is more deadly than a overstack server of now.

WVW Alliance is dead and broken before out of Beta, exploited by player.

Edited by foxof.8752
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mortime.1359 said:

Rolling out a beta on live servers during the weekend and then being surprised that people are pissed. I mean nothing to be surprised about here.

Who is surprised? We knew about this.

Here's the thing - a "closed" beta cant do what this is trying to do. It wouldnt catch everything, which should be obvious since otherwise... they'd just do that instead. People wouldnt join it in the numbers Anet need because people want to karma train for loot, not loose it all when they log out.

Thus they need to do it live. 

Now, I would argue that we dont need to do it for a week - just need a proper test of the team assignments. For the sake of world restructuring testing, the rest of the week isnt that much worth since the tiers wont settle. They're random now so yes there could be a scenario where a T1 team meet 2 T5 teams even if they are fairly equal is size and well... you figure out how that goes. It only take a single guild against none to dominate a border.

But whats another week? There will be always be next week. Take some time with your guild, do a raid or something. 

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

it's a beta test and all the lazy people who just missed the announcements once again should really not complain.

i think the k/ds been rarely as fair/equal/close as during this reset sofar lol.

those on the wrong server - u either messed that up yourselves. or not, then u should check the posts in the BETA channel, not salt and cry here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Maybe look at the “bonus week” as compensation for lost time due to bugs rather than a chance to make gains and it will help?

Instead of planning a big guild WvW weekend and looking at it as a guild event, plan to serve the game as a guild by knowingly acting as guinea pigs for the test?

A lot of rage and disappointment comes from how we set our expectations in advance.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wraith.7243 said:

They're giving feedback.  Are you sure it isn't YOU whos confused about what a beta is ?

1) Constructive feedback, that might help the devs:
"Hi, I chose my guild for this event, but I wasn't matched with my choice."
2) Pointless Whining:
"What is this bs!!! Does no one check these things! kitten it ANet, do you even know how to code?!?!? I'm missing out on loot here! Maybe it's just time to quit!"

There's a difference, you do know that?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

1) Constructive feedback, that might help the devs:
"Hi, I chose my guild for this event, but I wasn't matched with my choice."
2) Pointless Whining:
"What is this bs!!! Does no one check these things! kitten it ANet, do you even know how to code?!?!? I'm missing out on loot here! Maybe it's just time to quit!"

There's a difference, you do know that?

whinig about the feedback of other ppl = even more useless than the alliance trash itself 😏

Devs: "Oh look, its lokh.2695, he is complaining about beta feedback of other ppl."

Another Dev: "Ah thats exactly what we needed. We immediately have to set up a meeting and discuss his constructive oppinion."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

whinig about the feedback of other ppl = even more useless than the alliance trash itself 😏

Devs: "Oh look, its lokh.2695, he is complaining about beta feedback of other ppl."

Another Dev: "Ah thats exactly what we needed. We immediately have to set up a meeting and discuss his constructive oppinion."

And your whining about my whining about other persons whining is helping anyone beside your sense of self-importance how exactly?

Edited by lokh.2695

On 1/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, Drendal.2085 said:

How about a game i can play with friends. being stuck in a WvW with no friends sucks.

buy some 😛 but seriously, it's not the first beta. if u don't regularly play wvw, just play pvE with your friends? or try EotM, if ur lucky u got the same color there...

what u really shoulda done is just to ask one of the big alliances guilds to add u in, then u'd been able to play with each other. as said, the biggest alliance guilds i personally know aren't even half full.