Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Raise target limits for Ele


Recommended Posts

For a Profession that is an archetype for Range and AoE, Ele has a surprising large number of skills that has 3 targets limit max. On the other hand, Guardian, Necro, Rev all have their 5 target limits.

Ele was nerfed from 5 targets to 3 targets as an effort to boost WvW skill lag. Now that skill lag is much better, can we increase the target limit back up for Ele?

It's ridiculous to fight a Minion Mancer, casting https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overload_Air and only 2 out of the 8 pulse hit the Necro, since the rest is absorbed by their minions.

Raise target limit for Ele to 5! None of Ele skills (especially Overload) should be 3 targets limit.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly merging the cooldown between all modes for Eye of the Storm to 35 seconds would be better than that for tempest. 35s cooldown AoE stunbreak would be a comparable solution to stability in PVE for any skills not channeled while also ignoring boon corrupt.

The largest issue for tempest in PVE right now is RNG on lightning orb and overload air. It has nothing to do with the 3 target cap on overload air, for example scourge has 3 target cap on shade skills. The only skill I can think of used for damage in PVE that is 3 targets is cyclone. Overload air hits up to 14 times during its channel meaning even if it is 3 targets it effectively hits twice as much as a skill hitting once per second , the base channel time is 4 seconds which drops to 2.75s under quickness.

The largest issue with weaver right now in PVE is boon reliance and the power variant also not having any might generation but still relying on 10 stacks of might. 5 target sword skills would only be a change to air skills and dual attacks, fire is already 5 targets on non-autoattacks.

For WVW tempest is usually run as a support, even as a DPS the issue is not the 3 target cap on overload air. In WVW tempest is overshadowed by med kit scrapper right now in terms of support as the superspeed is more often , there's deeper cleanses, and scrapper has sneak gyro for AoE stealth. The later addition of quickness onto scrapper mainly for PVE (without any split whatsoever to WVW) sealed the imbalance.
In WVW you would run weaver with staff. The primary issue there is you are reliant on quickness for meteor shower and the staff dual attacks generally have a travel time, which once again is not a target cap problem as those are all 5 target skills. A while back Pyromancer's puissance was run on staff weaver for might generation but this is no longer possible with the current iteration of the trait since it removes far too much might when playing it on a weaver.

Edited by Infusion.7149
Link to post
Share on other sites

Or at least let what ele has to work with its aoe. Its kind of silly that ele has charge on target hit when there are systems for eating up charges per aoe attk (not the targets hit). Its as if anet forgot that ele is an aoe class to start with.

Eye of the storm needs to clear movement effects a full reset for ppl soft / hard cc. A cdr per targets that you brake stun/ clear movement condis would fit well. (ele cant have nice things so we will never see a real update to it.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they are never going to fix classes like firebrand, renegade, and scourge, I humbly request that they not only increase target limit to 5 on all ele skills, but also make them all area effects that provide every boon in the book plus barrier and the kitchen sink to themselves and allies.  Let sword weaver barf condi circles with boon application everywhere.  It's apparently the way to design classes, so let's have us some of that!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see some buffs to Elementalist; it was one of my favorite classes in GW1. But let's be honest here; any class that isn't Guardian or Necromancer, will never get what they need, for any game mode. On the other side of things, if you ARE a Gaurdian or Necro main, at least you'll never have to worry about being nerfed.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Since they are never going to fix classes like firebrand, renegade, and scourge, I humbly request that they not only increase target limit to 5 on all ele skills, but also make them all area effects that provide every boon in the book plus barrier and the kitchen sink to themselves and allies.  Let sword weaver barf condi circles with boon application everywhere.  It's apparently the way to design classes, so let's have us some of that!

So like a scraper?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They could sell us Ele much better with "we recognize that Ele has the lowest health and lowest armor, but it makes up by having the best AoE in the games". Make all Ele skills have minimum 5 targets, and they have an excuse for making Ele so squishy. It gives Ele a niche that is not overpowered. It's explanable, and it fits the Mage archetype.

Edited by Sunshine.5014
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 11:44 PM, Sunshine.5014 said:

For a Profession that is an archetype for Range and AoE, Ele has a surprising large number of skills that has 3 targets limit max. On the other hand, Guardian, Necro, Rev all have their 5 target limits.

Ele was nerfed from 5 targets to 3 targets as an effort to boost WvW skill lag. Now that skill lag is much better, can we increase the target limit back up for Ele?

It's ridiculous to fight a Minion Mancer, casting https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overload_Air and only 2 out of the 8 pulse hit the Necro, since the rest is absorbed by their minions.

Raise target limit for Ele to 5! None of Ele skills (especially Overload) should be 3 targets limit.

5 - sure, 10 will break WvW making Ele nuke machine - stack 5 eles, cast meteor shower and you have insane area of denial attack that is very hard to outheal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

5 - sure, 10 will break WvW making Ele nuke machine - stack 5 eles, cast meteor shower and you have insane area of denial attack that is very hard to outheal.

Yep, not asking for 10. I'm asking for 5 target limit, to give Ele a niche: AoE. 3 target limit is facepalm for this Elementalist archetype.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me as with most of the requests here. Except that thread asking for ele trade-offs. Huh? lol

If game was balanced by following what people here and on reddit say, it would be unplayable mess tbh

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

If game was balanced by following what people here and on reddit say, it would be unplayable mess tbh

 

Troo troo but we are eles!!! we are reasonable and used to playing jank for a while. 

 

haha we all know devs dont read these forums unless they are PVE related. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...