Known Issue: Players being placed on the incorrect team

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

So you are making an assumption that they aren't actually working on the problem just because you didn't get a response?  It's a known beta test.  It's expected to have some bugs and failures.  This isn't a mission critical emergency event where the service is down and customers have 99.99% uptime SLAs.

This is something that got released during the working day on Friday with some of the bugs immediately addressed.  They probably stayed late on Friday as the NA reset happened as well.  They HAVE pulled the plug on the test, the very first test, when it was a complete mess.  This test doesn't affect everyone like the first one did.  Stop acting so entitled just because you haven't gotten a response yet.

You accuse me of assuming...then make a bunch of assumptions.

Anyhow, zero entitlement, just the legit questions already asked. It's kind of you to come to their aid, and totally ok for you to be fine with the situation. Some aren't ok and thus asking for some communication. It's really not that hard to just.....not respond to threads not addressing you at all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tinnel.4369 said:

You accuse me of assuming...then make a bunch of assumptions.

Anyhow, zero entitlement, just the legit questions already asked. It's kind of you to come to their aid, and totally ok for you to be fine with the situation. Some aren't ok and thus asking for some communication. It's really not that hard to just.....not respond to threads not addressing you at all.

I admit that I'm biased because I used to work hosted operations and been oncall myself..  99.9% of the professionals make sure the service is working, usable, and stable before leaving for the weekend, which was done before they left on Friday.

A sad amount of professionals also end up making minimum wage because they freely give away their time to work without compensation on holiday weekends and it's well known the gaming industry does a poor job of that by pushing for "crunch time".  Don't do that to people is all I'm asking.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I admit that I'm biased because I used to work hosted operations and been oncall myself..  99.9% of the professionals make sure the service is working, usable, and stable before leaving for the weekend, which was done before they left on Friday.

A sad amount of professionals also end up making minimum wage because they freely give away their time to work without compensation on holiday weekends and it's well known the gaming industry does a poor job of that by pushing for "crunch time".  Don't do that to people.

Uhm, "we" are not doing "that" to anyone. If anything, its on employers to treat their employees well (and on the employees themselves not to put up with it).

We're asking if this is something we can expect a fix on, or should we just go on GW2 holiday for a week (at least I am). Releasing a Beta on live service warrants communicating with your thousands of players even (especially?) if its the weekend, considering they're paying customers and the test is affecting their experience on the service you provide.

Let me make this clear, we're not demanding an immediate fix; we want an answer to curb our expectations on whether or not a fix is something we will get.

• Thanks 1

• What team were you placed on?   Dragon's Claw.
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?   Skrittsburgh.
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?    No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?   No.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Far Shiverpeaks

For what it's worth, I had checked the "WvW Guild" Box a good while back, I think as soon as the beta was announced, but the tick was definitely still there when I pulled up the dialogue to confirm I hadn't messed up somewhere.

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Phoenix Dawn
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Moogooloo (AnE)
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Borlis Pass
  • Haha 1

1. What team were you placed on? - Reaper's Corridor
  2. What team did you expect to be placed on? - Same as selected guild (Griffonfall)
  3. Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? - I toggled it because there was none selected.
  4. Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No
  5. What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Crystal Desert
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

A sad amount of professionals also end up making minimum wage because they freely give away their time to work without compensation on holiday weekends and it's well known the gaming industry does a poor job of that by pushing for "crunch time".  Don't do that to people is all I'm asking.

I feel ya on this one

however, they are the ones who planned this beta, and was short sighted enough to plan it for a holiday weekend. 

Then as someone else has said, after doing what they could up until just after NA Reset shut down for the weekend leaving things broken for several people using their service.

At best this is poor planning on Anets part due to the weekend they choose to do it on. 

• Like 1

• What team were you placed on? 

Seven Pines

• What team did you expect to be placed on?

Phoenix Dawn

• Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?

Was selected on Wednesday and I didn't touch the interface until reset

• Have you shard/world transferred recently?

No

• What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?

Fort Aspenwood

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? - Titan's Staircase
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? - Thornwatch
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Nope, haven't toggled or changed anything
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Fort Aspenwood
  • Haha 1

Hello DEV-Team,

• What team were you placed on?
    • Thornwatch
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?
    • Fortune Valley
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?
    • Yes I confirmed it was still changeable at around 6PM EST. And played on friday with my mates. It changed on Saturday first login switched me to Thornwatch.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?
    • Nope
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?
    • Dzagonur (DE)

Thanks for invastigating and good luck!

Edited by Melworm Starrain.6794
  • Haha 1

Hallo Dev Team,

Im Place in the wrong team as well.

I sendet a Support Ticket on the Page of Guild Wars 2 and Ingame.

Maybe you can Help me here.

On 1/15/2022 at 4:45 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

• What team were you placed on?  -Grenth Door
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? -Giants Rise like the Rest of my Guild
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No didnt change after Thursday.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? -No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? -Kodash

Maybe that helps you to find the problem.

Thanks for your Help and i would love to play the rest of the Week with my friends and my Guild

Best Regards

Snow.9176

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I don't do the gaming industry apologist thing. Just like I don't do it for any company or person whom I've invested time and money in that aren't holding up their end. There's no disrespect or entitlement involved in telling the truth. There's no insults or demands being tossed around, just valid questions.

You were right before, it's a known beta; shockingly, even ANet knew it was a beta and would have beta type issues. They still dropped it on the Friday of a holiday weekend and....... There's two possible scenarios: they tested through the weekend, or they bailed for the weekend. Their convention gives clues to which is the most likely, but either way, nothing has been communicated here.

Holding ANet and its employees accountable for a situation they generated is not doing anything to them. They chose their industry and their job, I'm the consumer.

Edited by Tinnel.4369
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinnel.4369 said:

There's no disrespect or entitlement involved in telling the truth. There's no insults or demands being tossed around, just valid questions.

When you asked how there are zero updates over the weekend on a running service and a reasonable explanation was given, you got upset about the answer.  Think about that for a second.  What truth were you speaking?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on?   Titan's Staircase (blue) 
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?   Titan's Staircase (green)
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?    No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Abaddon's Mouth

When I ported from green keep on EBG to the green borderland I was ported to the blue spawn on the green borderland and all blue players and blue NPC were shown as friendly and could not damage me and I could not damage them. I checked the WvW panel and my assigned team was still "Titan's Staircase" (which is team green in this WvW beta).

After I ported back to EBG I was put back in the green team.

Longer story here: I was transferred into other team color during map change - WvW World Restructuring Beta Feedback - Guild Wars 2 Forums

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

When you asked how there are zero updates over the weekend on a running service and a reasonable explanation was given, you got upset about the answer.  Think about that for a second.  What truth were you speaking?

If you're considering the 'it's the weekend' comment from you (not an ANet employee) the reasonable answer then we've been over that.

If you interpreted my very clear words as upset, that's on you. As I said before, I'm totally ok with you being totally ok with the situation. You continuing to take exception with me being critical of the situation and making weird assumptions and assertions to paint it as something other than being critical is, again, on you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tinnel.4369 said:

If you're considering the 'it's the weekend' comment from you (not an ANet employee) the reasonable answer then we've been over that.

And we went over how the service was up, running and stable before they left for the weekend just like for the 2nd test despite bugs.   Yea it sucks being on the wrong team, but you can still play if you want and the servers aren't going crazy like when they had to pull the plug on the 1st test.

What more are you asking for that can't wait until the weekend is over?  Do you want to change WvW resets to Tuesdays or something?

What truth were you speaking again?

• Confused 1

Per suggestion by @Inculpatus cedo.9234 I'm adding a note that may be related to possible similar root cause, a thread I opened here, but this post may receive more dev attention than the new thread I was instructed to create by the Guild Wars 2 Support Team: 

This thread seems specific to people who had selected an alliance guild prior to match making and then were inappropriately placed on the wrong team.

The issue I describe in my linked thread is:

I'm properly on team X (Blue in this case, and was all weekend) and then Monday night: I wait in queue, load EBG and am on the correct team (blue); then queue up for Blue map, and load in as a Red player, which means everyone else in my party is now an enemy, as they still load on the correct blue team. So I queue up for Green map and when I load up I am back as a Blue player.

• Haha 1

What team were you placed on? Thornwatch

What team did you expect to be placed on? Moogooloo

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes (I'm pretty sure I did)

Have you shard/world transferred recently? No

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Ferguson's Crossing

• Haha 1

I hope on  wvw beta last Friday and now my hole guild is on  other servers other  then me and one guildy are on the same server I know this test or aka beta but would want  to know what is not working. if have  problem then to each there own but just  head up PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP or not give any more money to wvw and the game have fun with that  DADDLER!!!!!!

Edited by oox.5981
  • Haha 1

I don’t know how to answer these questions. 

i had guild book checked, but guild lgbt highlighted. Guild book had been checked for weeks. I clicked “accept”. I was on the blue team. But I noticed when I spawned an air elemental it was labelled lgbt not book. And I was playing with my lgbt guildies. 

is there a way for people to switch their choice or for people to be representing the same guild but be in different teams? 

while I was blue, I was on the same team with guild bae. Later in the same match I was attacked by someone in guild bae. Did they switch? Or is this a bug or feature in how it’s labelled? 

im normally on Borlis pass 

Edited by WaveIn.4091
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

"Represent" and choosing the WvW guild are not the same. You can represent whatever you want in WvW, while on a team based on whatever guild you have, so long as you made the WvW guild choice last thursday or before, and didn't change it.

Right- but since I was both representing book and had book selected… then I should have been representing book in wvw and grouped with book guildies. I’m happy with how it worked out, but it seems like this was still a bug. 

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Dragon's Claw
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Reaper's Corridor
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Maybe
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? Yes
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Jade Quarry
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Dragon's Claw.
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? With the rest of the The Gape Mafia guild.
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Not sure, but don't think so.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Darkhaven.
  • Haha 1