Known Issue: Players being placed on the incorrect team

• What team were you placed on? Pheonix Dawn
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Skrittsburgh
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Gandara
  • Haha 1

1. What team were you placed on? - Seven Pines
  2. What team did you expect to be placed on? — Well, that's the problem! My guildmates tell me i'm on the right team, but the thing is almost all our active www guys and girls (also, our coms!), the ppl i used to play, are on the Thornwatch! And i'm sure we all had the same beta guild choice. So, i feel isolated, abandoned, unhappy. And not just me, tbh. Sort this plz. 😢
  3. Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? - i def didn't touch my beta choice in the "world restructuring" until yesterday, when i noticed i'm on the other team (didn't participate in www for a while before the beta). BUT i swapped guilds once or twice (or more?) to use different guild halls, just don't remember exactly when was that happening.
  4. Have you shard/world transferred recently? - No, i haven't.
  5. What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? - Piken Square.
Edited by Mediocritas.9168
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, Josh Davis.7865 said:
  • What team were you placed on?
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?

(partner put on wrong team)

• Dragon's Claw
  • Giant's Rise
  • No, was selected for a while
  • No
  • Gates of Madness
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was originally on crystal desert team. Green team since the guild that i represent in wvw is on the green team. After being kicked from active wvw game I was placed on the red team and not on the green team with the rest of my guild. I did not toggle off my wvw guild. I have not changed shard recently.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, moes pc.2087 said:

I was originally on crystal desert team. Green team since the guild that i represent in wvw is on the green team. After being kicked from active wvw game I was placed on the red team and not on the green team with the rest of my guild. I did not toggle off my wvw guild. I have not changed shard recently.

Please note: this subforum is for the world restructuring beta tests, which are not running right now.

There are some details about your post that are not clear.  Did this just happen tonight where you were playing on green and you disconnected from the game and when you logged back in you were on a different team?  Or are you saying that you expected to be placed on the green team because of your selection on the beta screen?

Also, what shard does your character select screen say your account is on?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:45 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We're aware of an issue where some players were placed on the incorrect team despite having selected the correct WvW guild prior to the deadline on Thursday night. We're still investigating the root cause of the issue.

If you're impacted by this issue, it would be helpful to know the following:

• Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?

placed on: skrittsburgh

expected: the one that the selected guild is on? think it's dragons claw

no, not even briefly afaik

nope, no transfer since a year or longer even on that account

ring of fire

edit: isn't it nice that a post from january still makes sense in the december beta testing kek

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Pheonix Dawn
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Grenths Door
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Im not sure, its possible
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Gandara I think? Im pretty new, usually im red color.

Thanks!

• Haha 1

What team were you placed on? Dragon's Claw

What team did you expect to be placed on? Moogooloo

Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No

Have you shard/world transferred recently? Last Friday

What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Yaks Bend

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Seven Pines
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Dragon's Claw
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes, I decided to rep a Guild I'd joined specifically in preperation for this beta since they were the only one I'd joined that had plans to participate, still before the match started. The Guild I had selected prior to that ended up in Giant's Rise, it looks like my team defaulted to the Guild in slot 1. I was not in any of these Guilds for the previous beta.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Sorrow's Furnace

Was really looking forward to the beta but kinda bummed out that I'm not in a group with anyone I know who plays wvw
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on?   Reapers Corridor.
  • What team did you expect to be placed on?   Seven Pines with SPACE guild.
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly?  It wasn't available to change. You gave us like no notice.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently?    No.
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled?  Blackgate.

I'm extra annoyed since I had chance to play with friends since we got linked with Kaineng then 2 days later you yeet this terrible beta in that sends me back on my own yet again on the opposite side of my friends. Almost feels intentional at this point. 

Can I swap with one of the seven pines guys above me for the beta? They are losing so it could count as balancing.

Edited by Sahfur.5612
Less salty. Btw please swap my server for beta kthx.
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Silent Woods
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Phoenix Dawn
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Selected the guild on 2nd of December because a guildy said I should do so.
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? No
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Abaddon's Mouth [DE]
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:45 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

1. Titan's Staircase
  2. Griffonfall
  3. No
  4. No
  5. Augury Rock [FR]
Edited by zoneg.3058
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Silent Woods
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Giant's rise, like with the rest of my guild
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? Yes
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? Yes, after last weeks reset (friday 10 minutes after reset)
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Piken Square
  • Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Giant's rise
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? First Haven
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? no
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? no
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Whiteside Ridge

If possible I would love to be moved to First Haven to be with my guild

• Haha 1

• What team were you placed on? Pheonix Dawn
  • What team did you expect to be placed on? Moogoloo
  • Did you change/toggle your selected WvW guild after Thursday night, even briefly? No
  • Have you shard/world transferred recently? 1 Week Prior
  • What is your default world when World Restructuring is disabled? Yaks Bend

• 6 months later...

This bug is still happening. I got placed on the wrong team despite having selected the correct one 2 weeks prior. 

• I was placed on Griffon Fall
  • I was expecting to be placed on Dragon's Claw
  • I did not toggle my WvW guild. 
  • I have not world transferred
  • My default world is Darkhaven. 
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

This bug is still happening. I got placed on the wrong team despite having selected the correct one 2 weeks prior. 

• I was placed on Griffon Fall
  • I was expecting to be placed on Dragon's Claw
  • I did not toggle my WvW guild. 
  • I have not world transferred
  • My default world is Darkhaven. 

Are you saying you were placed on a different team from the one in the first week of beta?

• Sad 1