fear is to long

Balsa.3951

2 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Fear Me shout 60sec CD go brrrrrrrrrrrr

Even if it's on necros, I'd like some more fear. would mean people could play fear interrupt builds to cover glassy necros instead of doing the whole "omegasponge" thing

not atm though, just...like, ideally. in general. I think that would be fun. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

6 hours ago, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

If you know anything about necros, you should know that they have fear mark amd fear in shroud.  So,  that is the real problem with fear,  bot the aoe spectral ring. 

I do know how necro fears work.
1s fear from staff is not a big deal, 2s fear from shroud is very easy to avoid.
Fears are not the problem with necromancer

• Confused 2

Some of the matches the necs fear me with staff then put the spectral ring for more fear and then fear you again with Lich form and crit you hard for a meme victory.

What they need to do is make it more of a challenge and make the necros work for their fear like perhaps 5 stacks of bleed or some combo

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Sovari.7246 said:

Some of the matches the necs fear me with staff then put the spectral ring for more fear and then fear you again with Lich form and crit you hard for a meme victory.

What they need to do is make it more of a challenge and make the necros work for their fear like perhaps 5 stacks of bleed or some combo

or you can cleanse after they wasted 3 of their fears and trade 1 skill for 3 skills, and then wreck them as they used their every single hard CC that you can legit cleanse with a cleansing sigil.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

or you can cleanse after they wasted 3 of their fears and trade 1 skill for 3 skills, and then wreck them as they used their every single hard CC that you can legit cleanse with a cleansing sigil.

Unless the necro literally does nothing but chain fear skills, you're not coming out of that exchange in good health, even less so if they're Terrormancer. This is also assuming you even cleanse the fear and not something else, unless that's part of a cleanse priority I'm unaware of. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Unless the necro literally does nothing but chain fear skills, you're not coming out of that exchange in good health, even less so if they're Terrormancer. This is also assuming you even cleanse the fear and not something else, unless that's part of a cleanse priority I'm unaware of. 

Last in first out from what I recall. Stacked conditions are based on the order of the bottom most stack, so bleed -> poison -> bleed the poison will be cleansed before the bleed. Skills/traits that remove specific conditions will of course do so. So a Terrormancer that piles other conditions on top, as they should be doing, will cover the fear.

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's just fear ring that's a problem.

It's stronger than elite skills like plaguelands or breach and it just shouldn't be.

Very same problematic issue as with smoke screen, it lasts too long and too many fears can be proc'd off of it.

You forgot to add that we should remove soloQ and bring back teamQ. This will solve all our problems.

You guys remember the necromancer of olde?

Playing one felt like walking on egg shells coz it got hard countered proper by bear bow rangers, warriors, mesmers... and its sole purpose was to boon strip eles, engies and guards?

Only thing it had going for it was the 20 sec Lich form lol. 

All I can say is that it used to be a challenging class to pvp with.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:35 PM, Genesis.5169 said:

Just about everyone is capable of 5 seconds of CC, only classes i think can't do that is thief and rev, But revs have a no cd AoE stun that doesn't need a target you just need to be nearby and thiefs have an aoe stun buff that doesn't need to target which if used correctly is 10seconds of stun on a target.

Thief? Just steal a guardian for mace head crack that daze (3s). along with sleight of hand and improvisation you can just dazelock for 7 second straight. Basilic venom isn't going to realistically be able to stun lock anything for 10s.

Revenant? Shiro's jade wind for 3s stun then jalis forced engagement for 2+s taunt.

7 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

if you are good at the game you cleanse the fear, if you are bad your reaction are slow and allow necro to pile conditions on top of fear. Its just a way of life im afraid. Loads of folk can easily cleanse fear or even use cleansing sigil to deal with it.

3 things that bother me the most

1. 50% shroud dmg reduction to all types of dmg

Removing this to one type of dmg or reducing the buff to 30% instead of 50%, i think would solve most of necro problems or increasing shroud degen, now it's 4% dunno how impactful it would be make it 6 or 7%

2. The fear ring needs cd increase, maybe not necessary if they do something to shroud dmg reduction, but right now, when you think you gonna kill the necro the ring is off cd again you get feared he ressustains again super annoyig

3. blood ress, on top of everything he's doing he still able to ress downed allies fast and turn the fights in his favor again.

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i think it's super funny any topic saying any thing on necro is slightly unbalanced gets so many comments

lol, gatekeepers go crazy, i wouldn't be surprised if some of them think necro could still get some buffs

TBH i don't want any class to receive any of the treatment mesmers have received if they did this game would die over night like the mesmer population did.

• Confused 1

Like most things, how impactful it is to you depends entirely on your build/profession. Other forms of CC require you use a stun break but with fear you're given the option to use a stun break OR cleanse so it's weaker than other forms of CC. Also, it isn't as good for setup as other CC so it's pretty much used as a peel/interrupt/zoning. In which case if you play into it, that was entirely by your own choice. There are cases when fear feels super strong and with as popular as necro is it pretty common. As someone who HATES getting fear chained, I don't think fear is the issue or the duration. The only changes I could see being okay would be either being able to evade through spectral ring or putting spectral ring procs on a cooldown so you can't be hit by it more than once a second. If one of those changes were made I would also say give it a lower cooldown and reduce the life force generation by 1% as well. 

Every time i see the kitten 50% damage reduction nerf, i'm more and more convinced that people don't play anything outside their one main character. First of all this got nerfed in the reduction stacking change patch it didn't do much since people suck a the game and know kitten all anyway, second if it passes it gets kittened forever and after some big changes patches where that class turns kinda garbage it won't get reverted, the poster boy for that is Warrior grand idea to nerf defense for spellbreaker and then spellbreaker "amazing" balance, but no one cares that is out since it is not their main.

Ok it becomes 30%, reaper is out of the meta forever, core take a hit people will still not be able to kill it since it is all about kiting and applying conditions in an amazing twist of events scourge is buffed by the necro nerfs  so we are back to square one with the scourge meta and people will still complain but the game will be worse than before and your main class will still be garbage.

This reminds me of the one dodge wonder mirage, everything on mesmer is broken apart because of it yet mirage is still good even with one dodge but it is so kittening jank and atrocious to play it.

I'm in the firm believe that most people are ridiculously terrible at the game since they can't do damage or rotate or support and if necro is removed the matches will become even worse since even a kitten necro is still useful as a punching bag to draw attention. Whatever comes after necro is deleted it will not be fun for anyone since whatever takes it slot it would not rely on face tanking damage.

Every kitten thread about nerfs is stupid since no one is taking anything about how the class functions, necro has shroud and cc conditions to defend itself , it has only the base 2 dodges no traits or skills to get extra ones and no blocks or invulns, there is case that the worm port is too good as a get out jail free card, but this just me since i think that teleports in general just ruin the risk reward dynamic of the game, covering large spaces instantly be it to go in a fight or escape from it is just too good of an advantedge considering that some classes are  ground locked on their mobility.   

The only proper way to nerf necro is to fix the specs that counter necro, some are not even bad like renger even kinda op on mechanics which could smork necros but the rest of the meta roaster steamrolls it because of porty pooping , meser and warrior have barely functional builds and i think people are just kitten at ele since all the op kitten on is jank to use and requires time investment to git gud on it.    

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Every time i see the kitten 50% damage reduction nerf, i'm more and more convinced that people don't play anything outside their one main character. First of all this got nerfed in the reduction stacking change patch it didn't do much since people suck a the game and know kitten all anyway, second if it passes it gets kittened forever and after some big changes patches where that class turns kinda garbage it won't get reverted, the poster boy for that is Warrior grand idea to nerf defense for spellbreaker and then spellbreaker "amazing" balance, but no one cares that is out since it is not their main.

Ok it becomes 30%, reaper is out of the meta forever, core take a hit people will still not be able to kill it since it is all about kiting and applying conditions in an amazing twist of events scourge is buffed by the necro nerfs  so we are back to square one with the scourge meta and people will still complain but the game will be worse than before and your main class will still be garbage.

This reminds me of the one dodge wonder mirage, everything on mesmer is broken apart because of it yet mirage is still good even with one dodge but it is so kittening jank and atrocious to play it.

I'm in the firm believe that most people are ridiculously terrible at the game since they can't do damage or rotate or support and if necro is removed the matches will become even worse since even a kitten necro is still useful as a punching bag to draw attention. Whatever comes after necro is deleted it will not be fun for anyone since whatever takes it slot it would not rely on face tanking damage.

Every kitten thread about nerfs is stupid since no one is taking anything about how the class functions, necro has shroud and cc conditions to defend itself , it has only the base 2 dodges no traits or skills to get extra ones and no blocks or invulns, there is case that the worm port is too good as a get out jail free card, but this just me since i think that teleports in general just ruin the risk reward dynamic of the game, covering large spaces instantly be it to go in a fight or escape from it is just too good of an advantedge considering that some classes are  ground locked on their mobility.   

The only proper way to nerf necro is to fix the specs that counter necro, some are not even bad like renger even kinda op on mechanics which could smork necros but the rest of the meta roaster steamrolls it because of porty pooping , meser and warrior have barely functional builds and i think people are just kitten at ele since all the op kitten on is jank to use and requires time investment to git gud on it.    

They want to do to necro what they did to mesmer.
Its very easy to see if we keep doing this by the end of it all only classes viable will be engineer and rev due to the fact nobody really knows how they work. Also mesmers are kitten no one plays mesmers plays g2 except me.

This community really is the worst.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2022 at 2:12 AM, ollbirtan.2915 said:

No it is not. Use cleanse / stunbreak. 

I agree, this isn't very confusing to understand

I don't even play Necro and I don't have any complaints about fear. Any CC that you can stunbreak out of without having to use an actual stunbreak is easier to deal with.

And if someone decided to spam all their fear at once to stack duration as high as it will go, that's good.  Just one condi cleanse or stunbreak could remove it no matter how long the duration is.

10 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

if you are good at the game you cleanse the fear, if you are bad your reaction are slow and allow necro to pile conditions on top of fear. Its just a way of life im afraid. Loads of folk can easily cleanse fear or even use cleansing sigil to deal with it.

You're missing my point. You claimed you can trade 3 skills, the necro fears, for 1, either a stun break or cleansing sigil, which means you're not cleansing the fear until they used all of it because it's being chained, otherwise you need to cleanse or stun break more. In this scenario, you are going to be condi bombed, period. So I don't understand how you can say this:

On 1/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

wreck them as they used their every single hard CC that you can legit cleanse with a cleansing sigil

It doesn't add up.

• Like 1