WvW Alliances will kill almost EVERY social interactions and friendships crafted over the past 9 years outside of your "main" WvW/Raid Guild and all Solo Players and small Guilds

a question of mine, curiosity. but how many players participate in the forum to share those votes so decisive that indicate a way to the development of the game?

I have played for years and years and I have never entered the forum, I did it recently to understand something of these alliances. do they send some sort of communication in the game (which I certainly missed) to have a large audience of players to decide / vote ?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the worst Anet could do to WvW since it - will kill almost EVERY social interactions and friendships crafted over the past 9 years outside of your "main" WvW/Raid Guild and all Solo Playe

This is what Alliances, the function, is meant to address when it comes. Alliances will be the option to create a mini-server out of multiple guilds. Guilds that can be solo guilds and small guilds bu

This IMHO is actually good.  It "keeps it fresh", as a guildmate last night put it.  We won't have players avoiding EBG at all costs when they get matched against Maguuma, for example.  We have to tes

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

a question of mine, curiosity. but how many players participate in the forum to share those votes so decisive that indicate a way to the development of the game?

I have played for years and years and I have never entered the forum, I did it recently to understand something of these alliances. do they send some sort of communication in the game (which I certainly missed) to have a large audience of players to decide / vote ?

Game development isnt a democracy. Anet decides everything. Them listening to the community is a choice on their part alone.

The devs where once upon a time much more active on the forum and getting feedback on new WvW systems (original skirmishes was also terrible for example and needed changes to scoring and timing).

There's no point in pretending its still the same but at least this forum is something. If they want to do a poll they will.

yes of course it is as you say.

it occurred to me when I saw that on many decisions they made people choose democratically through player votes.

and I have no idea if they decided only those registered in the forum or if they also gave official communication directly on the mail of the game.

mine is always flooded and I would have missed it for sure.😅

Edited by Mabi black.1824
2 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

yes of course it is as you say.

it occurred to me when I saw that on many decisions they made people choose democratically through player votes.

and I have no idea if they decided only those registered in the forum or if they also gave official communication directly on the mail of the game.

mine is always flooded and I would have missed it for sure.😅

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/On-the-Validity-of-WvW-surveys

Forums are usually a very small section of active players in any game, but way more players participated in the forums years ago, only a handful do these days, people get tired of talking to brick walls eventually. 

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 1
On 1/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

This IMHO is actually good.  It "keeps it fresh", as a guildmate last night put it.  We won't have players avoiding EBG at all costs when they get matched against Maguuma, for example.  We have to test our performance, exploratory pokes and prods against our opponents because outcomes are unknown and that's actually fun.

That's the thing, most of us, liked knowing who we were fighting ahead of time. This is stupid, and it will ruin the game overall.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, havenstance.1746 said:

That's the thing, most of us, liked knowing who we were fighting ahead of time. This is stupid, and it will ruin the game overall.

Dont you know who you are fighting after fighting them for a week? Or a day? Or just after the first engagement for that matter.

I dont know about you, but thats at least how I work. For example in the matchup I am currently, I often clash with a guild called voek. Just couple roaming peeps, but easily remembered. They got some nasty eles. 

I literally dont care what world/link they are on. I couldnt even tell you their color because I cant remember off hand. I just remember the guild. And I will remember them the next time, how to fight them and who to target.

4 hours ago, havenstance.1746 said:

Except when world linking stake place as 15-25% of the player base transfers to a different link in order to farm newbies..  err okay with their friends.

You’ll know which alliance has the people you want to fight after a couple of days of each world formation..,  Just like now..

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...