The Alliance System is perfect

ugrakarma.9416

Anet shouldn't listen to the guys super-obsessed with "balance", the vocal minority.

It is not the intention of the system to imitate the PvP match calculator, but increase granularity and distribution.

Are there super guilds? Yes, but other super guilds are played on other servers as well.

For me it was definitive the way it is and could become official now.

Only bug to be fixed is old server names still showing up when capturing a target.

If the system be improved, it should be in order to reward the guilds that organize themselves.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 16

I did some WvW earlier today with my guild. The opposing team had ViP and some other large zergs blobbing. My team is mostly small guilds from what I saw haha (my wvw team is 2nd atm overall still though). I still had a ton of fun. I generally think blob v blob fights take the fun out of things, but I was excited to see the general activity on the map.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ah for cripes sake... There are no alliances. There is no such feature. It's not implemented. It doesnt exist. Stop using that word, it just makes it worse for every thread that keep saying alliances instead of world restructuring. I really should make a thread about but ugh, I never make threads. 

WORLD RESTRUCTURING WITHOUT ALLIANCES IS LIKE NORMAL WVW WITHOUT GUILDS.

There, summed up in a single sentence. We dont know if the system is "perfect" because half the the kitten system isnt thereImagine current WvW with no guilds. No guild chat. Just join a border and... then what? Get your 25 guild raid together by whispering them? Meeting on discord before just to get anywhere? And then when you join the next time, repeat it. No guild message of the day. Zero features. No way to even recognize guilds ingame because none exist, it's all just dots with no tags.

There's no need to make it appear better than it is - still a buggy mess 3 betas in -  but there is also no need to go doom crying like it's the final form and death of WvW because it's not complete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ah for cripes sake... There are no alliances. There is no such feature. It's not implemented. It doesnt exist. Stop using that word, it just makes it worse for every thread that keep saying alliances instead of world restructuring. I really should make a thread about but ugh, I never make threads. 

so guilds can't setup a "team" like they promised?(i dont own any guild so im not familiar with new options). theses "teams" are grouped at random? so the crybabies against it is even more non-sensical?

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

I did some WvW earlier today with my guild. The opposing team had ViP and some other large zergs blobbing. My team is mostly small guilds from what I saw haha (my wvw team is 2nd atm overall still though). I still had a ton of fun. I generally think blob v blob fights take the fun out of things, but I was excited to see the general activity on the map.

i have several guild-zergs on my server, but opponents have a lots one too,(RAWR+DOC and others).

the system inst perfect, but is clearly the right path  making theses monsters clash against each other.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

17 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

There, summed up in a single sentence. We dont know if the system is "perfect" because half the the kitten system isnt thereImagine current WvW with no guilds. No guild chat. Just join a border and... then what? Get your 25 guild raid together by whispering them? Meeting on discord before just to get anywhere? And then when you join the next time, repeat it. No guild message of the day. Zero features. No way to even recognize guilds ingame because none exist, it's all just dots with no tags.

There's no need to make it appear better than it is - still a buggy mess 3 betas in -  but there is also no need to go doom crying like it's the final form and death of WvW because it's not complete.

but why do you say this? the 4 or 5 guilds on my server that allied themselves I found them actually allied and on the same server.

maybe it didn't work for everyone this could be.

but what you see are in fact what you will have from alliances. I don't think you should expect anything else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Thats still a guild then. If you know its temporary stopgap it aint ever going to grow as a community.

you can call it whatever you like.

still guild or large guild. in fact more friendly guilds that unite in an alliance. 

this is already working...... for sure with some bugs to fix ....... but basically what you see is what you will have with the new alliance system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

you can call it whatever you like.

still guild or large guild. in fact more friendly guilds that unite in an alliance. 

this is already working...... for sure with some bugs to fix ....... but basically what you see is what you will have with the new alliance system.

tbh, I just assume anyone still using "Alliances" to talk about World Restructuring is either memeing or dumb. Hard to take comments seriously when people post with such conviction but seem to have no idea what they are talking about. 

Being obnoxious and hyperbolic isn't going to get them to drop Alliances if that's the goal. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/16/2022 at 11:57 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i have several guild-zergs on my server, but opponents have a lots one too,(RAWR+DOC and others).

the system inst perfect, but is clearly the right path  making theses monsters clash against each other.

I guess my critique is more related to Blob vs Blob (BvB). BvB is a different topic entirely though.

So far I have really enjoyed this beta... the maps are very active, there are tags and action. Overall the team that my guild was placed with isn't as organized, but we had a group of 50 trying to match up with more organized well commanded blobs on opposing teams yesterday.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
clarity
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2022 at 3:57 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

RAWR and DOC aren't on the same team, not this week, RAWR is on my team and DOC is my enemy team.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

tbh, I just assume anyone still using "Alliances" to talk about World Restructuring is either memeing or dumb. Hard to take comments seriously when people post with such conviction but seem to have no idea what they are talking about. 

Being obnoxious and hyperbolic isn't going to get them to drop Alliances if that's the goal. 

first of all on this forum I have always been moderate and polite with all the other players, and I would like to be treated in the same way if it does not bother you.

secondly I said that on my server more guild groups were formed that joined in different alliances.

in fact I see them running together on the same server.

so explain to me what you hope to see different in this system ..... or certainly instead of the guild princilape where the others have allied themselves you will see the name of the alliance .......... therefore? what do you expect the most?

and no need to be rude.thank you

• Like 1

and to be clear, the last thing I want is to abandon alleane. after 10 years here I have repeatedly said that any update is welcome...... even this.

I point out only what could be the weaknesses of the new system just to improve them, at least this is my intent ....... and I believe this forum is the right place to do it.

On 1/16/2022 at 7:20 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

There, summed up in a single sentence. We dont know if the system is "perfect" because half the the kitten system isnt thereImagine current WvW with no guilds. No guild chat. Just join a border and... then what?

Use map or team chat? Create or join a squad? Ever heard of friendlists? So far, no guild needed and not hard to imagine.

Better question: What "big" features except an additional chat tab and an "alliance message of the day" do you expect? Join the usual 500 ppl wvw/server community guild, which is as big as alliances are (or were) supposed to be, and that's pretty much it.

That doesn't make the system better or worse, but what are those other 50% you are talking about? 😄

59 minutes ago, Reztek.7805 said:

That doesn't make the system better or worse, but what are those other 50% you are talking about? 😄

Hey if you dont need guilds then hey, you dont. The point is that most do. I for one find guild chat important to feel part of... you know, the guild. Not all of us started playing the game in the era of Discord.

But anyway, we've already had a another situation like this early on - no commander tags. The feature didnt exist. Do you want to go back to having no commander tag? Maybe it'll make the game better, skipping that feature. We could play just fine without the tag. It was after all, the glory days.

I mean its not like that little icon does anything important for WvW anyway. Just use map chat. Or the friendlist. 5 man parties are fine.

I am trying to point out just how important features for managing a community is, be it small or large, permanent or temporary. But apparently that is lost on people.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2