Damage seems a bit too high in PvP?

Knoxxius.1524

I get it, low damage is boring it lays the foundation for a bunker meta. But come on, this current meta is absolutely not fun to play? You got builds that can pretty much instakill with any kind of basic Communications?   Can we not get something inbetween?

I played A LOT of PVP back when the game released and LOVED it, it was not perfect, but it was certainly muuuuch better than what the game was devolved into? It seems with all the new things added the game has suffered from power creep to me? 

Am I just out of touch? Because I am not having as much fun at all as I were back then, it doesn't feel like its much about skill but more about pumping big numbers? Is it to cater to the PVE folks? 

Edited by Knoxxius.1524
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

when you get older your reaction slows down.
its called becoming a boomer, will happen to all of us, stay strong.
P.S
dmg in the game is actually low right now, and main reason I quit

Yeah, no, that's not it. You did not pop so fast back then. Good one though, haha. 

Are you kidding me? LOW? I would like to know what kind of build you run if you can't kill anyone in less than 10 seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Knoxxius.1524 said:

Yeah, no, that's not it. You did not pop so fast back then. Good one though, haha. 

Are you kidding me? LOW? I would like to know what kind of build you run if you can't kill anyone in less than 10 seconds. 

depends what I feel like, 
power mirage
condi mirage
condi slb
normal core ranger ( with lb, kitten the axe )
the usual sic em slb
and my most beloved, full glass sic em ranger ( skirm + beast + slb )
even on the full glass you struggle to kill anyone that is decent.
like yes I can drop people that are kitten in ~3s, but good players never die as sustain is too high compared to damage right now

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

depends what I feel like, 
power mirage
condi mirage
condi slb
normal core ranger ( with lb, kitten the axe )
the usual sic em slb
and my most beloved, full glass sic em ranger ( skirm + beast + slb )
even on the full glass you struggle to kill anyone that is decent.
like yes I can drop people that are kitten in ~3s, but good players never die as sustain is too high compared to damage right now

Interesting, alright. I'll give it a week or two and see if I agree with you. I will happily admit I am a perfect fit for the "kitten" category as it is right now. 

Cheers. 

7 hours ago, Knoxxius.1524 said:

Damage got nerfed across the board. This is only a fraction of the damage nerfs that have been rolled out in PvP.  Even with my aging reaction times, it's rare that I get one tapped these days. 

You will still blow up quickly if you face tank things you shouldn't, but that becomes less of an issue with practice 

Also 10 seconds is an eternity in PvP. If something takes 10 seconds to kill you and you can't react in time... I'd probably see a doctor about that. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Damage is high on full zerker builds with no defences. Things like berserker are quite deadly in lower tier pvp but fall short once the enemy knows how to counter it. Its not much of a problem now but it could if it ever finds its way into the meta. Spectre for example could babysit a berserker at mid and cover its weaknesses. Or a reaper could build full damage and do the same thing.

17 hours ago, Knoxxius.1524 said:

I get it, low damage is boring it lays the foundation for a bunker meta. But come on, this current meta is absolutely not fun to play? You got builds that can pretty much instakill with any kind of basic Communications?   Can we not get something inbetween?

I played A LOT of PVP back when the game released and LOVED it, it was not perfect, but it was certainly muuuuch better than what the game was devolved into? It seems with all the new things added the game has suffered from power creep to me? 

Am I just out of touch? Because I am not having as much fun at all as I were back then, it doesn't feel like its much about skill but more about pumping big numbers? Is it to cater to the PVE folks? 

You should come and play mesmers and join the no damage team.

*teacup sip*

Interesting. Someone with an objectively fresh perspective still finds themselves nuked in the right circumstances. I wonder what this says about the state of the game. 

21 hours ago, Knoxxius.1524 said:

What classes have high damage, and what do you play?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 1/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, Knoxxius.1524 said:

The damage is low.

What you're noticing is not that damage is too high, it's that they removed all the kitten sustain options in pvp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/16/2022 at 1:18 AM, Knoxxius.1524 said:

This is funny to me. After the 2020 february patch, I kinda forced myself to play for a few months, the damage reduction/removal was a bit overkill. It took me some time to recognise that some of the playstyles this change allowed were actually fun.

But anyhow, I stuck around even though the damage is low and the game is slow and boring compared to what it was... and than this thread.

For those of us who played before 2020 february, the game is already slow and boring. And the balance adjustments we recieved over the last 2 years agree with this: removal of most amulets with healing power/thoughness, and the few nerfs to the offense of some overperforming builds is overshadowed by nerfs to sustain/support in general.

THIS is what slow is. THIS is what slow plays and feels like. If slow is too fast for you, I'm so sorry man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Everyone who thinks damage is too high i implore you to play any condi class except burn guardian and spend 100 games on any mesmer barring chrono distraction but if you do bother with chrono distraction watch good players dodge your entire 20k burst incompassing 4 moves but negated by 1 dodge after mantra of distraction.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Like 1

Is this real? The damage is super low outside a few random outliers (Lich autos lol).

There's a reason the meta revolves around safe, slow,  low energy Core builds. Everything else got neutered to hell.

Only exception is like Herald but that requires to have a support glued to your kitten since the build has 0 sustain.

Its so boring :/.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Is this real? The damage is super low outside a few random outliers (Lich autos lol).

There's a reason the meta revolves around safe, slow,  low energy Core builds. Everything else got neutered to hell.

Only exception is like Herald but that requires to have a support glued to your kitten since the build has 0 sustain.

Its so boring :/.

herald has 0 sustain o.O
is this some weird alternate universe I have woken up to ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Stop hitting Glint Heal.

glint heals close to 4K without even hitting it btw
oh and herald is loaded with ways to heal.
using energy heals, consume skills heal, 2x healing skill, staff heals, battle scars.
but hey its just glint and I rite, 0 sustain coming through.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

glint heals close to 4K without even hitting it btw
oh and herald is loaded with ways to heal.
using energy heals, consume skills heal, 2x healing skill, staff heals, battle scars.
but hey its just glint and I rite, 0 sustain coming through.

Most of this is leech that requires you to facetank the Herald's damage, which is a fairly bad idea for entirely different reasons or raw healing that is quite weak on zerker amy (the main selling point of staff is the block/evade frames and the fact its one of the very few sources of condi cleanse the build has).

I guess is miss-spoke. I didn't mean Herald literally had 0 sustain, just that its quite weak compared to virtually everything else in the meta right now.

Its not an argument that Herald is bad, its one if not the best DPS build in the game and is incredibly oppressive in organized high level play, which is the normal complaint about the build. But there's a reason its use is mostly concentrated there and its virtually non-existent in casual play. Its not a good solo-q build, or even a solo roaming build. At least i've personally rarely seen one do well without a healer glued to its backside. Its certainly not a build i ever struggle to deal with on its own.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Most of this is leech that requires you to facetank the Herald's damage, which is a fairly bad idea for entirely different reasons or raw healing that is quite weak on zerker amy (the main selling point of staff is the block/evade frames and the fact its one of the very few sources of condi cleanse the build has).

I guess is miss-spoke. I didn't mean Herald literally had 0 sustain, just that its quite weak compared to virtually everything else in the meta right now.

Its not an argument that Herald is bad, its one if not the best DPS build in the game and is incredibly oppressive in organized high level play, which is the normal complaint about the build. But there's a reason its use is mostly concentrated there and its virtually non-existent in casual play. Its not a good solo-q build, or even a solo roaming build. At least i've personally rarely seen one do well without a healer glued to its backside. Its certainly not a build i ever struggle to deal with on its own.

What? herald has insane sustain for a dps, its so good to the point that when you are good at it you can 1v1 a lot of people with it.
It has so many sources of sustain it just keeps trickling in.
Also its a very good soloQ carry class, one of the best out there in fact, somewhere in line with things like holo or d/p

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1