About those books we carry around...

Mork.9532

Maybe you're like me.
Maybe you have like 40 different books of lore in the game, that you got thanks to collections and such, spread between characters' inventories and your bank. You don't want to get rid of them, but they a lot of space.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had some kind library, like we have a wardrobe storage or miniature collection?

What do you think of it, would you want A.Net to add this little feature to the game?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Has been discussed and suggested many times in the last ten years and it would be a great thing to add to our home instance. Unfortunately, seing that 1) this has been asked for many times, 2) ANet has the tech, even different variations of suitable tech and 3) yet it's still nowhere to be found, I think that this will not happen. For whatever reason, it can't just be "they want you to buy bagspace", a feature like this is somehow not on the table.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Is this a Mork & Mindy referance or something else?

I was wondering and googled. Only to discover that there are an astonishing number of real world librarians named Mindy.

Fascinating, but not very helpful to understand the reference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mork.9532 said:

We're currently both on vacation on Ork.

Very nice…. 🙂😀

39 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Is this a Mork & Mindy referance or something else?

Yes.  🤗

30 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I was wondering and googled. Only to discover that there are an astonishing number of real world librarians named Mindy.

Fascinating, but not very helpful to understand the reference.

Never would have thought about the librarian reference!  Nice!!

🤗

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

By the Six; did we finally find the thing you want them to spend resources on?! I agree with you. I hope they do it at some point and give us a nice library.

There are in fact lots of things I wouldn't mind ANet spending resources on, they just don't get regurgitated in some "hot new suggestion" that often 😜

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Haha 1

So uh I finally got around to watching the last GW2 livestream on youtube and there are actually some hints that something like this is coming in EOD. Putting this in a spoiler just in case there are those that don't want to know anything about the new expac:

Spoiler

In the Arborstone revitalization thing, there's a reading area, and the empty bookshelves were commented on and how it's such a shame there's no books to fill them. I could be wrong, but it certainly seems like this is the case to me.

• Like 2

I ditched all mine.  I don't ever refer to them.  I would be nice if there was an organization dedicated to gathering lore knowledge in the game.  They could keep all this lore in a central location.  Perhaps there's a location in Tyria, that's cool enough that the books could be preserved easily enough.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I ditched all mine.  I don't ever refer to them.  I would be nice if there was an organization dedicated to gathering lore knowledge in the game.  They could keep all this lore in a central location.  Perhaps there's a location in Tyria, that's cool enough that the books could be preserved easily enough.

Kinda like the priory?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Kinda like the priory?

Priory folks hoard all those books for themselves and do not want to share. They only give out some cryptic tidbits of knowledge if it suits their goals, but an open-access library? Not part of how they work.

Although, to be fair, they still are better at this than the Whispers people, because those generally deal with misinformation.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, lokh.2695 said:

Has been discussed and suggested many times in the last ten years and it would be a great thing to add to our home instance. Unfortunately, seing that 1) this has been asked for many times, 2) ANet has the tech, even different variations of suitable tech and 3) yet it's still nowhere to be found, I think that this will not happen. For whatever reason, it can't just be "they want you to buy bagspace", a feature like this is somehow not on the table.

probably a cost vs benefit thing. Not that many people collect books I would wager and so this would benefit only a very small percentage of players.

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

probably a cost vs benefit thing. Not that many people collect books I would wager and so this would benefit only a very small percentage of players

Maybe, but if that's the reasoning, why we did we get Snargle Goldclaw as an NPC complete with voiceacting and several collections centered on interspecies romance? I don't think cost vs benefit is always a good guide when it comes to ArenaNet's decisions. Sometimes it's just pure chaos guiding their hand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Maybe, but if that's the reasoning, why we did we get Snargle Goldclaw as an NPC complete with voiceacting and several collections centered on interspecies romance? I don't think cost vs benefit is always a good guide when it comes to ArenaNet's decisions. Sometimes it's just pure chaos guiding their hand.

But there is a benefit with that. So it's worth the cost.

• Confused 1