Big Charr Grenade Spam Video

Holl.3109

I remember ppl defending it with: 

Q_Q, but its high risk high reward, full zerk gameplay, dont hate just l2p

Meanwhile I see raw 19k hp here, with full monkey AoE spam. To get similar amount of damage ele would have to be not even 12k hp, without stealth, barely superspeed and without easy boon stacking (im talking about infamous FA builds). Wonderful balance.

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, Widmo.3186 said:

I remember ppl defending it with: 

Meanwhile I see raw 19k hp here, with full monkey AoE spam. To get similar amount of damage ele would have to be not even 12k hp, without stealth, barely superspeed and without easy boon stacking (im talking about infamous FA builds). Wonderful balance.

Yeah this is true - it's too easy of a build to play for the damage that it does. And additionally, scrapper is inherently tanky with evades, blocks, reflects and stuns on hammer, blinds on grenades and lots of stability. 

• Like 1

Don't worry, they'll nerf Grenade Barrage and all Grenade skill coefficients, nerf Explosive Entrance, and I'm sure around the same time they'll nerf Juggernaut due to the rising popularity of FT in PvP. Have also heard word of nerfing Acid Bomb too!

And while Explosive Entrance certainly would deserve a nerf (or in my opinion complete removal and replacement with something else), this is all going to effect CORE BECAUSE IT'S kittenING CORE SKILLS AND TRAITS.

I don't want to hear from anyone "lol who plays core Engi", because exactly. kitten like this is why. Because nerfs are always being made to bring Scrapper and Holosmith down and it hurts core 10x more.
ANet needs to start hitting the specs and not the class, or better yet give core something that makes it worth taking.

Grenade Barrage could use a very small nerf. EE needs to be reworked or removed. Then start shaving the elites. After that it will be much more reasonable.
Then core needs to get some sort of mechanic like Necro, which I've suggested several thousand times, that changes the effects of Traits only while being used with core. Easy fix to compensate the class and easier to target for balance if something(s) over/underperforms.

Wah, wah to all the people comparing apples to oranges and how their class can't do X or Y.
"Get a doctor, he broke his leg!"
"What about my leg?"
Yeah? My Engi can't Shadow Step. Cool balance, ANet. Why doesn't my class have vertical mobility? It's almost like everything is balanced differently because everything is different! Absurd!

Edited by Shroud.2307
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, God.2708 said:

Shattered Aegis died and can't crit.

But rockets and explosions can.

EE and Aim Assisted Rocket at least need damage reductions. I'm fine with them critting personally, but they carry too much damage. Feels like Engi almost completely got forgotten on the Feb2020 patch...

Sure, its Scrapper and Holo abusing the core traits, but core engi can as well, Scapper and Holo just give better weapons to use outside of the kit.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:55 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

EE and Aim Assisted Rocket at least need damage reductions. I'm fine with them critting personally, but they carry too much damage. Feels like Engi almost completely got forgotten on the Feb2020 patch...

Aim Assisted Rocket ≠ Rocket. I think you might be confused about what is actually going on in this clip. His build doesn't use the trait. He uses the template swap HK to stack buffs/invis and fire Rocket (Tb with 1.5k range) while still ooc swaps back mid flight and combines it with nade busrt after. It's a pure meme move like Blasting Module suicide bombing and not something you do in an actual fight. Nobody really plays Rocket despite it's damage because it has a travel time of like 5s,  except maybe woody when hes bored and trolling around in sPvP.

Edited by schloumou.3982

7 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Aim Assisted Rocket ≠ Rocket. I think you might be confused about what is actually going on in this clip. His build doesn't use the trait. He uses the template swap HK to stack buffs/invis and fire Rocket (Tb with 1.5k range) while still ooc swaps back mid flight and combines it with nade busrt after. It's a pure meme move like Blasting Module suicide bombing and not something you do in an actual fight. Nobody really plays Rocket despite it's damage because it has a travel time of like 5s,  except maybe woody when hes bored and trolling around in sPvP.

AAR is one that I've seen used in such spikes which is why I mentioned it. It's just one of those things that gets layered on top of the spike that results in an overall instagib. 

25 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

AAR is one that I've seen used in such spikes which is why I mentioned it. It's just one of those things that gets layered on top of the spike that results in an overall instagib. 

AAR is used by noone eihter because it just never hits ironically despite the name and even has a minimum range which stops it from working when you come close enough to hit something. Plus there are way better options competing with it for damge and sustain in the explo traitline.

Edited by schloumou.3982

On 1/16/2022 at 4:19 PM, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

A-net really need to stop taking copium and start nerfing that kind of kitten in game into oblivion.
Ridiculous to say the least.

Or better yet give every class the ability to do that kind of low effort damage. wvw is filled with bunkers and immortal supports so some more damage would be a nice change.

55 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

AAR is used by noone eihter because it just never hits ironically despite the name and even has a minimum range which stops it from working when you come close enough to hit something. Plus there are way better options competing with it for damge and sustain in the explo traitline.

Sure buddy, my damage logs say otherwise though.

31 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Sure buddy, my damage logs say otherwise though.

Maybe don't go to burger king midfight, dunno what to tell you. The trait doesn't work like you think. It's a slow rocket flying at a fixed point after a crit only if you are far enough away. It is mechanically not possible to be part of instagibs. I liked the theme and tried to make it work. I couldn't.

Edited by schloumou.3982

30 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Maybe don't go to burger king midfight, dunno what to tell you. The trait doesn't work like you think. It's a slow rocket flying at a fixed point after a crit only if you are far enough away. It is mechanically not possible to be part of instagibs. I liked the theme and tried to make it work. I couldn't.

+6s of stealth lets them do that before a fight even starts. But, then that's how most of the nade scrappers do it.

• Confused 2

What is this cap? What is this fake news spreading. Rocket used by semi-competent engis is always part of their kit. Between Stab Dome, AED and their perma SS, one simply has to pin you down the right time (and nae cover condies make it very easy for them to get to you with SS) and pop the attacks. It is always there. And the good engis know when it's up. And the good engis know how strong it is. And that's why the good engis are in your face to point blank hit you with it unless stealth approaching you on some siege or whatever. 

kitten my friend is an engi main and either rolls the nade missile build or the Holo oneshoter when roaming. He rarely needs my banner, if ever. If he plays correctly he will get the kills no matter what.