Big Charr Grenade Spam Video

Holl.3109

16 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

What is this cap? What is this fake news spreading. Rocket used by semi-competent engis is always part of their kit. Between Stab Dome, AED and their perma SS, one simply has to pin you down the right time (and nae cover condies make it very easy for them to get to you with SS) and pop the attacks. It is always there. And the good engis know when it's up. And the good engis know how strong it is. And that's why the good engis are in your face to point blank hit you with it unless stealth approaching you on some siege or whatever. 

kitten my friend is an engi main and either rolls the nade missile build or the Holo oneshoter when roaming. He rarely needs my banner, if ever. If he plays correctly he will get the kills no matter what.

Ye monthly ATs full of rocket turrets again. Bad engis just sleepin on it. Jeesus.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I mean I talk WvW 

It's not even split. It stands way more out there with it's power coefficient. Still not used.

Just go to a duel spot with your "no stunbreak, no cleans, no boons - missle nader" and try to fight some decent builds and you'll realise why.

3 hours ago, schloumou.3982 said:

It's not even split. It stands way more out there with it's power coefficient. Still not used.

Just go to a duel spot with your "no stunbreak, no cleans, no boons - missle nader" and try to fight some decent builds and you'll realise why.

The WvW kiting and roaming factor as well as the ability to run into safety makes this see more play tho. It's not about the duels as much as it is stealth bursting randos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The WvW kiting and roaming factor as well as the ability to run into safety makes this see more play tho. It's not about the duels as much as it is stealth bursting randos.

Or... maybe it's the abysmal average skill level that makes it see play in WvW. If that's the case anyway. I haven't seen it for ages.

Got run over by one of these last night while roaming.

Had a look in my combat log: 'Grenade hits you for a kitten ton, Grenade hits you for a kitten ton, Grenade hits you for a kitten ton, Grenade hits you for a kitten ton, Grenade hits you for a kitten ton, Grenade hits you for a kitten ton, Grenade hits you for a kitten ton.......you died'

Fun times indeed.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Quick gear/skill swaps should not be allowed in WvW outside the main spawn points. Period.

Dunno I like to use it at duel spots to play around with some builds. Maybe it would be enough to just adress that engi's toolbelt skills somehow don't share CDs. That has been abused even before the templates existed by preloading Incendiary Ammo and stuff.

19 hours ago, schloumou.3982 said:

Dunno I like to use it at duel spots to play around with some builds. Maybe it would be enough to just adress that engi's toolbelt skills somehow don't share CDs. That has been abused even before the templates existed by preloading Incendiary Ammo and stuff.

No. It creates a lot of unnecessary issues not particularly related to Engineer. As just one example: Classes with good disengage such a thieves are abusing it right now because they are able to get out of combat in just a few seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

No. It creates a lot of unnecessary issues not particularly related to Engineer. As just one example: Classes with good disengage such a thieves are abusing it right now because they are able to get out of combat in just a few seconds.

How? Only thing i've seen is teefs switching to max mobility template to travel maps and then back to engage. But who cares with mounts...

Edit: Or do you mean just like adjusting builds to the situation? I mean thats not abuse. Thats what the feature is designed for.

Edited by schloumou.3982

Being able to swap builds anywhere in WvW is *the only chance we have to balance out a fight vs hard-counter builds.*

Imagine playing a durability rune build and with limited cleanse and you see a condi mirage. Consider playing antitoxin rune and then getting swamped by an incoming power sword rev.

(Try finding a balance between fighting both condi/power and you'll just die equally to both so don't do that.) Edit: speaking from ele main perspective, also, inb4 "I sometimes don't die therefore your point is moot" yeah yeah wise guy

WvW roaming is not in a balanced enough state to allow for non-rockpaperscissors type build switching. If BS power builds like grenade engi, along with BS condi builds like - well, basically all of them, were balanced then we wouldn't need to quick swap lol

Edited by solemn.9608
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, schloumou.3982 said:

How? Only thing i've seen is teefs switching to max mobility template to travel maps and then back to engage. But who cares with mounts...

Edit: Or do you mean just like adjusting builds to the situation? I mean thats not abuse. Thats what the feature is designed for.

If you don't see the blatant issues this causes you clearly don't underestand the problem. I'm sorry, but I don't think it's worth arguing about it with you.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

If you don't see the blatant issues this causes you clearly don't underestand the problem. I'm sorry, but I don't think it's worth arguing about it with you.

I mean yeah. That's why I asked. But if you can't or won't explain, i'm cool with that.

Edited by schloumou.3982

3 hours ago, schloumou.3982 said:

I mean yeah. That's why I asked. But if you can't or won't explain, i'm cool with that.

Fair enough.

Being able to freely swap gear and stats is BAD in this game mode for a million reasons, here are just a few:

First and foremost: Getting out of combat in this game is VERY beneficial as you get a massive boost in HP regen, but the worst offender is that it's extremely EXTREMELY easy to do so.

Some classes can get out of combat VASTLY more often and easier than others, hence this mechanic clearly benefits some classes more than others.

It SIGNIFICANTLY devalues stat and build choice.

It acts as a pseudo-pay2win mechanic as someone with full legendary gear and/or more build/gear slots has significantly more choices between encouters or to swap on the fly. For how stupidly easy it is to get out of combat in this game, a feature that is supposed to be ONLY QoL has a direct impact in combat oriented encounters.

It devalues counter-strat behaviour if you're getting beaten, now you just counter your foes with a push of a single button with just a quick gear/stat swap. It massively cheapens the experience and goes hand in hand with the other points I just mentioned.

It allows inner spec/class combos such as the one portrayed in this video (even with no shared CDs), this shouldn't be allowed.

I could go on and on and on. But you should get the point by now.

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Fair enough.

Being able to freely swap gear and stats is BAD in this game mode for a million reasons, here are just a few:

First and foremost: Getting out of combat in this game is VERY beneficial as you get a massive boost in HP regen, but the worst offender is that it's extremely EXTREMELY easy to do so.

Some classes can get out of combat VASTLY more often and easier than others, hence this mechanic clearly benefits some classes more than others.

It SIGNIFICANTLY devalues stat and build choice.

It acts as a pseudo-pay2win mechanic as someone with full legendary gear and/or more build/gear slots has significantly more choices between encouters or to swap on the fly. For how stupidly easy it is to get out of combat in this game, a feature that is supposed to be ONLY QoL has a direct impact in combat oriented encounters.

It devalues counter-strat behaviour if you're getting beaten, now you just counter your foes with a push of a single button with just a quick gear/stat swap. It massively cheapens the experience and goes hand in hand with the other points I just mentioned.

It allows inner spec/class combos such as the one portrayed in this video (even with no shared CDs), this shouldn't be allowed.

I could go on and on and on. But you should get the point by now.

Ah, i see what you mean. Question is whether thats really a template problem or more related to the increasing rock/paper/scissor balance and if its better to just be destined to lose/win encounters, due to a decision you made 15 min ago, no matter how good you are. But maybe thats not the right thread.

Edited by schloumou.3982