With Anet dipping outside their philosophy on support for Specter, can Ventari get redesign?

Knighthonor.4061

I enjoy playing support in most multiplayer games. When Revenant was added and the Ventari legend was revealed, i was very excited, along side the Druid Ranger, which was my first elite spec unlocked. 

But I came to be very disappointed in the Ventari.  Early Druid was pretty fun before the staff nerf. But I won't go there.

All the stuff we got with Ventari, including the staff were very poor support tools.

I can understand.  Back then, coming out of Vanilla GW2 the development was more conservative about excluding the concept of Support from being a true valid role in comparison to DPS. But it was baby steps. But the issue is that over time,  Ventari never really got much of a change in the right direction other than the energy cost issue, which is still a problem to this day, just slightly better. After years of not really playing my Guardian and Engineer after HoT came out, I was blown away by how much better those classes were as Support compared to Ventari Revenant,  who unlike them, can't pick and choose and have dedicated skill bar.

Now I see Specter Thief come along and I dont see why the developers need to hold on to their old "I hate healers" philosophy when it comes to us. Lets get a Ventari redesign.

Over the years I been brainstorming some design change concepts for Ventari that I would like to share.

1) Ventari Gets Non Tablet Skills When Tablet Is Not Out:

As of now, when ventari tablet is destroyed by the elite, skills 7,8,9 and the Elite are all grayed out. I believe Ventari could get some skills of his own in these slots while the tablet is out. Skill 6( Project Tranquility) would still summon the Tablet back like normal to play as it has. But the Ventari skills is were we can place some more support skills with more close range utility, as well as stun breaker for the legend and maybe a big heal. Ventari was a Warrior after all. Could squeeze in some defensive melee fighting abilities here for self defense. Thats 4 buttons available. 

2) Change the Way the Skills Work:

I believe Ventari's Will (skill 6 chain skill) should have its cooldown greatly reduced. 

Protective Solace (the bubble) should be changed into a cooldown action after the duration ends.

Natural Harmony becomes a upkeep skill that heals allies per tic and apply a boon such as regen. 

Purifying Essence could have an opposite effect on enemies in the area by removing their boon.

Energy Expulsion could have its energy consumption reduced. But the healing fragments not explode after an delay, healing allies near it if not consumed. If the energy consumption stays as is, a AoE stun break would be ideal here at a certain threshold of energy. 

Another thing I believe could be a great change, is to make Staff better at melee support, while keeping its utility in other roles. Healing Power is a pretty weak stat that only helps healers. Taking it on your gear is usually at the cost of damage. So perhaps by applying healing aspects to the staff skills with higher healing power scaling, we can have a better staff weapon.

Some ideas here:

*Staff*:        
Staff 1 chain 2, Forceful Bash- would be nice to get a small front cone heal to allies on the swing. Makes positioning important as well for healers/support.              
Staff chain 3 Rejuvenating Assault- add a small condi conversion to small number of allies.                
Staff 2 Menders Rebuke- reduce the base heal on this down. Add a component to this skill that scales on percentage of the Damage of the strike, while also making the Healing Power coefficient much higher. This way it scales with Power DPS builds, but would be far better with Healing Power Support builds, which stacks Healing Power rather than Power DPS.  Also adding the Daze back here would be nice for both offensive builds, but also self defence for healer builds              
Staff 3 Warding Rift- Along side being a great block skill for self defense, how about a AoE cone support aspect added that can heal frontal allies or condition cleanse to allies in front of the revenant.
Staff 4 Renewing Wave- Was thinking adding Regeneration to this would be a nice addition. Also raise the number of conditions removed slightly.              
Staff 5 Surge of the Mists- Well most Revenants hate the nerf to the cast mechanics of this. I wont touch that. If it going to stay this way, can we get the way its cast changed at least to be directional targeted like Warrior's Whirlwind Attack from Greatsword. Also make this skill leave behind a number of Healing Orbs behind the Revenant as they travel forward.                

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They even nerfed core Ventari 5 man alacrity as well when they released Renegade with 10man Alac.  Talk about misguided and overly cautious. Literally no one was using Natural Harmony extensively for that and yet they decided to nerf it. Had they not nerfed it it theoretically would have been possible to run Core or Herald as a healer doing 5man Alac for fractals and raids (raids with a chrono or other 5 man Alac in the other sub).  With the advent of new incoming 5man Alac options I’d argue they should restore the duration of Ventari’s alacrity to give rev more options as support across the board instead of being railroaded into Renegade constantly.  Except they won’t do this because of their “we don’t ever revert changes” mindset even when those changes are clearly bad and not well thought out. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Herald as a healer doing 5man Alac for fractals

This has already been possible. I have been using Herald with Glint and Ventari for over a year doing T4s and CMs almost daily. All you need is 100% boon duration, 1200 healing power (without food) and a quickbrand with any 3 dps.

Pump Natural Harmony 4 or 5 times then swap to Glint and use Facet of Nature twice to extend it with Core Value traited and you get 100% alac uptime by the time you are ready to return to Ventari.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Echo.6310 said:

This has already been possible. I have been using Herald with Glint and Ventari for over a year doing T4s and CMs almost daily. All you need is 100% boon duration, 1200 healing power (without food) and a quickbrand with any 3 dps.

Pump Natural Harmony 4 or 5 times then swap to Glint and use Facet of Nature twice to extend it with Core Value traited and you get 100% alac uptime by the time you are ready to return to Ventari.

Sorry, should have specified: maintaining 5 man Alac easily.  Neither chrono, renegade, or any of the new specs have to go through the hurdles you just mentioned, plus having to dedicate your entire energy bar in Ventari to alacrity maintenance instead of potentially other things that matter.  I also don’t think what you’ve described is practical outside of Fractals Mistlock Reset and the radius on it makes it inferior to Ren regardless. 

The truth is there was no reason for them to have nerfed the duration as it didn’t directly compete with renegade’s alacrity anyway (and they DID nerf it specifically because of Ren).  They can (and should) absolutely give it its original duration back even if it’s possible to maintain it decently currently through Fractal Mistlock. 

1 hour ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Neither chrono, renegade, or any of the new specs have to go through the hurdles you just mentioned

Okay... pressing the same skill 4 or 5 times, then a legend swap with 2 more skill presses. Sure, that is more than a single button press.

1 hour ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

having to dedicate your entire energy bar in Ventari to alacrity maintenance instead of potentially other things that matter

It may come as a surprise to some, but did you know Natural Harmony also heals? Maybe this will make some sense now... Burst healing while at the same time applying alacrity sounds like a very good use of energy when the tablet user is the only source of healing and alacrity! And despite it's smaller radius, it works wonders with groups that have players who understand the importance of huddling close together. To me, that makes it look less of a hurdle and more like a two-for-one feature.

I have played Revenant exclusively with Ventari using multiple builds for fractals, raids and WvW for some years now (Core/Herald/Renegade). Days after I started bringing it into PvP along with my pocket quickbrand, they nerfed the elite.

My apologies if I come off as rude, but I'll just be honest and end my rant with this: any player who has spent enough time learning and practicing to become a competent tablet user would agree with this statement: Anet knows precisely what they're doing.

For crying out loud it can solo heal and alac T4s pugs with ease so why the kitten does it need to be improved beyond that? Ugh seriously though, stop hating on my favorite legend.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Echo.6310 said:

Okay... pressing the same skill 4 or 5 times, then a legend swap with 2 more skill presses. Sure, that is more than a single button press.

It may come as a surprise to some, but did you know Natural Harmony also heals? Maybe this will make some sense now... Burst healing while at the same time applying alacrity sounds like a very good use of energy when the tablet user is the only source of healing and alacrity! And despite it's smaller radius, it works wonders with groups that have players who understand the importance of huddling close together. To me, that makes it look less of a hurdle and more like a two-for-one feature.

I have played Revenant exclusively with Ventari using multiple builds for fractals, raids and WvW for some years now (Core/Herald/Renegade). Days after I started bringing it into PvP along with my pocket quickbrand, they nerfed the elite.

My apologies if I come off as rude, but I'll just be honest and end my rant with this: any player who has spent enough time learning and practicing to become a competent tablet user would agree with this statement: Anet knows precisely what they're doing.

For crying out loud it can solo heal and alac T4s pugs with ease so why the kitten does it need to be improved beyond that? Ugh seriously though, stop hating on my favorite legend.

Since we’re whipping our kittens out (you started that, not me) I have 10,000+ hours on Revenant alone not including other classes, 3000+ raid kills, do T4+ CM fractals frequently. I have been playing Rev since HoT beta, including all heal variants of it.  I frequently run Heal Alac in raids and fractals (and do solo heal T4s/CMs on occasion) even before Renegade, but honestly I would never run it as Herald or Core anymore simply because Ren offers way more than Herald or Core does and has a far easier time providing alacrity, which is one of the main jobs of the entire spec. 

I’m not “hating on your favorite legend” man.  I like Ventari a ton as well.  My post literally suggests a buff that makes sense for the spec and would allow it more flexibility within its rotation if you want to run alac for 5 without running renegade.  The fact is that there is no major benefit to running Herald or Core over Renegade if you want to do Alac for your party while healing unless you’re dying for Regen/Swiftness/Fury for some reason.  Ren can CC when it wants, provide might when it wants, heal when it wants, camp Ventari Bubble when it wants, swap Kalla out to Jalis and provide massive stability without losing Boon Extension if it wants.  It can also spam Natural Harmony on group 4-5 times to build extra alac if you need/want just like Herald and Core can.  More importantly it doesn’t have to potentially waste heals to generate Alac and can actually use them precisely when people need them. 

I get that you love Ventari, but it’s objectively harder to heal and Alac solely with it without taking Ren and as a healer it just doesn’t compete with Firebrand and the super broken boon known as Aegis.  Regardless of how good or not good it is, i would take a Healbrand over a Heal Alac Rev of any flavor any day, and I would absolutely take Heal Ren over Heal Herald or Heal Core for the alac job.  My suggestion to revert a simple extra 1s of boon duration in PvE (2s with 100% duration) does nothing but help make the legend more fluid and flexible in actual situations, which is not a bad thing!  And more importantly a buff to that isn’t going to suddenly make it meta over Ren or other options, but it will be a nice quality of life change. 

Lastly I strongly disagree with the assertion that Anet knows what it’s doing with Ventari or many specs for that matter, especially on Rev.  They make extremely questionable choices constantly and have left certain specs in the dust since the advent of said specs (Spellbreaker looking at you, as well as others).   You’re welcome to believe that if you want since it’s a completely subjective assessment, but the evidence doesn’t add up that way for me, sorry. 

@Knighthonor.4061

I dont think u know how to play with ventari and thats the issue looks like you are to much dependant of classes that has normal  press n cast from source skills, you proly need more practice with it, since Ventari has its own leaning curve and for soem a quite learning curve, or maybe can be a keybind and settings issue...as well.

´The way ventari works is actually very strong since u can be off damage zone healing and in pve its 10k heals with Harmony every 3-4seconds, if one use herald passive facets since  has perma regen and prot and  its regen can beover 1k regen for 10 players wich  its total heal ouput alone from a passive  over 10k hps.

And yes ventari has no skills when tablet is off, thats the trade off for being stronk heals and to have a pole that gets no damage while in hot zones, its also ment to use the tablet, not ment to be used as a burst spam heal, amazing util to swap and catch a spike, since swaping to to Ventari theres a trait in invocation that has a good heal as well.

Staff heals alot as well if u know how to use it, and if u like the useless orbs u can even make them  give might stacks besides vigor, and trust me staff heals alot lol...i personaly hate orbs since they scatter to much.

Note: There are several client aoe option that can make the tablet flow better in the combat i learned this the hardway.

- Use  cast aoe on mouse location and geting keybinds near WASD keys for the utilities is a must use for Gw2.

Edit: i would not mind some QoL on Ventari and the staff orb generation tho.

Edit2: issue imo is that game has no content yest where a ventari/? is needed :) playes amazingly well in small scale pvp and smalls scale WvW :)

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 3

37 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

@Knighthonor.4061

I dont think u know how to play with ventari and thats the issue looks like you are to much dependant of classes that has normal  press n cast from source skills, you proly need more practice with it, since Ventari has its own leaning curve and for soem a quite learning curve, or maybe can be a keybind and settings issue...as well.

´The way ventari works is actually very strong since u can be off damage zone healing and in pve its 10k heals with Harmony every 3-4seconds, if one use herald passive facets since  has perma regen and prot and  its regen can beover 1k regen for 10 players wich  its total heal ouput alone from a passive  over 10k hps.

And yes ventari has no skills when tablet is off, thats the trade off for being stronk heals and to have a pole that gets no damage while in hot zones, its also ment to use the tablet, not ment to be used as a burst spam heal, amazing util to swap and catch a spike, since swaping to to Ventari theres a trait in invocation that has a good heal as well.

Staff heals alot as well if u know how to use it, and if u like the useless orbs u can even make them  give might stacks besides vigor, and trust me staff heals alot lol...i personaly hate orbs since they scatter to much.

Note: There are several client aoe option that can make the tablet flow better in the combat i learned this the hardway.

- Use  cast aoe on mouse location and geting keybinds near WASD keys for the utilities is a must use for Gw2.

Edit: i would not mind some QoL on Ventari and the staff orb generation tho.

Edit2: issue imo is that game has no content yest where a ventari/? is needed 🙂 playes amazingly well in small scale pvp and smalls scale WvW 🙂

You say Ventari is strong.

Ok. Lets use that descriptive title.

So if Ventari is "strong", what title do you use to describe Support Scrapper and Support Firebrand? 

I never seen a commander request a Ventari Support Revenant over any other support spec. Even Spellbreakers are more desirable and useful to commanders. 

Herald Hammer burst provides the most of the boons that a support ventari Herald provides. The heals as is are far weaker and harder to land in a dynamic setting like WvW with lots of reactivate movements.  Ventari Will is terrible for this with a 2 second cooldown and small radius combo with weak utility compared to what a scrapper and firebrand provides without positional issues and flawed game design mechanics.

• Thanks 2

Hey Guys!

I am playing Ventari for over a year now and i have to say it 100% does not need a buff or changing... atleast for what i use it.

If you use Ventari on a more damage orientated build or cele even you can use the mechanics to get an absurd ammout of sustain!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/106889-ventari-is-actually-viable/?tab=comments#comment-1549537 

I even made a forum post discussing it and i even have some kitten gameplay there.... enjoy^^

My apologies if I come off as rude, but I'll just be honest and end my rant with this: any player who has spent enough time learning and practicing to become a competent tablet user would agree with this statement: Anet knows precisely what they're doingEXACTLY Ventari is actually Really good if you got the tabletmovement down to musclememory... just play it... takes a few hours but when it clicks it becomes very good. its my go-to Roaming build for over a year now, and is in a good state as is... 

If ANY of your changes would make it thru... Ventari or any rev build.... would completely dominate any player vs player gamemode! I mean... come on.. some of you changes are just dumb... for example the Staff changes... skill 4 -> ADD MORE CLEANSES... bruuuhh it cleanses 3 already... what were you smoking!?

But coming back to the topic... playing a fullsupport only relying on Ventari is DOODOO....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Ventari needs to be entirely rebuilt from the ground up. There are no redeeming qualities or synergies in the design.

couldnt disagree more...  you played it for 30 mins... you sucked... now you come here and complain about something you have no clue about... i like that.

there is tons of synergies with the on demand lightfield and combofinishers... but you have not played ventari enough so you dont know that ❤️

Atleast in WvW (and arguably in sPvP aswell) you can mitigate so much dmg with the on demand blind (salvationtree) and the projectilehate... but you have not played ventari enough so you dont know that ❤️

The sustain is actually pretty good... but you have not played ventari enough so you dont know that ❤️

The ammount of CC you can put out by spamming the tablet explode and then just summon it under your enemy and explode it again is insane... but you have not played ventari enough so you dont know that ❤️

I think you got my point by now.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@Sahne.6950, i think players think that way cause they cant spam like they get "carried" with FB and scrappers, wich makes players miss what is the obgective of revenant stronk heals.

actually Herald needs its 10 alies cap back on facets :) outside PVE i miss my  total +10k hp/s (arround 1.1k regen ticks for each ally) to the 10 players... with just one passive, regen isnt a strong bon on pvp so we could have this back.

Plus the amount of blind spam that 2-3 tablet do in wvw is amazing tho :D since ventari as a no ICD trait its nice on small  scale pvp.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

The first thing it would need to be done is the tablet to follow the revenant when not in use.
Micromanging that thing 100% of the time is extremely frustrating. And the current thing to popup when it gets out of range is distracting at best more annoying at worse. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

The first thing it would need to be done is the tablet to follow the revenant when not in use.
Micromanging that thing 100% of the time is extremely frustrating. And the current thing to popup when it gets out of range is distracting at best more annoying at worse. 

Thats a mistake to how use the tablet :| u dont move long distance with it..... u can move some distance but not carying tablet away... thats a no no...

check on options:

Ground targeting: Fast with range indicator

and check the checkbox: Use ground targeting lock at max range

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Those numbers are super nice, are you playing in a minstrel setup? 1K regen is actually amazing . 

@anduriell.6280Druid in avatar its regens its actually a beast.

No..ll post the  build i use most of time in a few mins, the thing is i dont need boon duration i rather do support towards adding some damage to the group as well heals rather than try to be a another boon spam suporter and clerics has more healing power than minstrell.

This build heals way more in pve tho :( i wiiiiish Anet would make how  herald works in pve to wvw!!!

EDIT: it is actually a simple build with easy access stats.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAw6ZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgn/UVrD-zVIYf0xXGBVBVnCiML+tZB-w 

Read the post above to change how aoe casting hapens from the the game options as well, and alternative build is  basicly full zealots stats witih some power traits.

Edit2: u wont heal urself these values,  all the good heals are outgoing.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Here's what I feel about Ventari, the Legend design philosophy, and Revenant as a whole: 

Revenant at its core, are meant to be played as if each Legend set is its own class, which is why all these skills are very self contained, with their effects never lingering too much when swapped out of the Legend. This ultimately already sealed Ventari's fate as a horrible "camp Legend". 

Revenant as a whole, needs a rework. 
The two Legends slotted need to influence the style and capabilities of the player, but not necessarily grant or significantly alter their skills. I think to this effect, weapons should be tinkered with first in order to translate this sort of gameplay-design. 

I'll say if the player is in Staff for example : 
Their Basic Chain will have different effects based on Legend, and in Ventari's case, it should pulse healing in an AoE with the attack chain. The conal suggestion you have is cool too, but I think I value consistency over pseudo difficulty, so an AoE will work just fine. The basic chain in other Legends will have effects based on those Legends too.

For Sword, maybe it will be more interesting to have different effects based on Legend as well. Let's take Chilling Isolation for example. Maybe if the player is in Ventari Stance, their Chilling Isolation (Sword 2) will not Chill, but instead create a Light Field or Water field for comboing, in addition to granting Regen to allies caught in the Field. 

And as an additional suggestion for Sword, what if Sword 5 in Ventari teleported your Tablet to your end location, giving out a healing pulse? Would be very useful for saves or just healing in AoE while bossing. 

These are just some suggestions to make Revenant more divorced from their Legend Stance utilities for the purpose of implementing their style when the Legend is in effect.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Here's what I feel about Ventari, the Legend design philosophy, and Revenant as a whole: 

Revenant at its core, are meant to be played as if each Legend set is its own class, which is why all these skills are very self contained, with their effects never lingering too much when swapped out of the Legend. This ultimately already sealed Ventari's fate as a horrible "camp Legend". 

Revenant as a whole, needs a rework. 
The two Legends slotted need to influence the style and capabilities of the player, but not necessarily grant or significantly alter their skills. I think to this effect, weapons should be tinkered with first in order to translate this sort of gameplay-design. 

I'll say if the player is in Staff for example : 
Their Basic Chain will have different effects based on Legend, and in Ventari's case, it should pulse healing in an AoE with the attack chain. The conal suggestion you have is cool too, but I think I value consistency over pseudo difficulty, so an AoE will work just fine. The basic chain in other Legends will have effects based on those Legends too.

For Sword, maybe it will be more interesting to have different effects based on Legend as well. Let's take Chilling Isolation for example. Maybe if the player is in Ventari Stance, their Chilling Isolation (Sword 2) will not Chill, but instead create a Light Field or Water field for comboing, in addition to granting Regen to allies caught in the Field. 

And as an additional suggestion for Sword, what if Sword 5 in Ventari teleported your Tablet to your end location, giving out a healing pulse? Would be very useful for saves or just healing in AoE while bossing. 

These are just some suggestions to make Revenant more divorced from their Legend Stance utilities for the purpose of implementing their style when the Legend is in effect.

Some of your ideas are nice, some are dumb and most of them are already there...  Staffbasicchain should heal... it does that already (granted its just these bubbles onthe ground). Sword 5 pulls tablet and heals... why not just pull the tablet and heal.... it can move on its own 😛 just press Q buddy... adds nothing i think...  sword skill 2 creating lightfield... you have a lightfield whenever you want already... i dont see anything good coming from that changes.. almost anything you suggest is already there. But the idea of the legends actually affecting the weapons itself is cool. but its only cool and thats it. if you add more things to rev it will become even stronger... Rev is in a good spot and more on the stronger side of professions i think... so please dont add more. 😄

@Sahne.6950, i think players think that way cause they cant spam like they get "carried" with FB and scrappers, wich makes players miss what is the obgective of revenant stronk heals. 

I think players dont actually invest the time into Ventari to see its potential... They use it.... ohh tablet movement feels weird... and then they drop it again... 

It moves pretty fluently with alac and some practice... But people dont want to put in the hours.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Some of your ideas are nice, some are dumb and most of them are already there...  Staffbasicchain should heal... it does that already (granted its just these bubbles onthe ground). Sword 5 pulls tablet and heals... why not just pull the tablet and heal.... it can move on its own 😛 just press Q buddy... adds nothing i think...  sword skill 2 creating lightfield... you have a lightfield whenever you want already... i dont see anything good coming from that changes.. almost anything you suggest is already there. But the idea of the legends actually affecting the weapons itself is cool. but its only cool and thats it. if you add more things to rev it will become even stronger... Rev is in a good spot and more on the stronger side of professions i think... so please dont add more. 😄

I think players dont actually invest the time into Ventari to see its potential... They use it.... ohh tablet movement feels weird... and then they drop it again... 

It moves pretty fluently with alac and some practice... But people dont want to put in the hours.

Are you serious? Do you not see the potential of these changes?

Teleporting Tablet to where we are means we can bring Tablets with us up cliffs where teleporting is possible, which is faster than repositioning.

Enabling a Light Field from Sword can be combo'd into Sword 5 for Light Aura, or if it'd a Water Field, Heals from Leap finisher. 

• Thanks 3

have you ever played ventari!? you can actually move the tablet whereveer you want! even in spots where you cant teleport.... faster then repositioning... you have to precast it always so it starts flying before you do... same as you do with the skills.. you precast everything so the heals or the explode for example happens right when it reaches its destination. you have to think half a second ahead with your tablet... its obvious you have not played it alot...  I just dont see how you think a skill that moves the tablet is required when you can move it on its own just fine... its not like its flying slow or anything... IDK man... I am playing Ventari renegade for over a year now and never have i thought: oh man i wish i had more tools to get my tablet here... if its not close to you, you messed up cuz that does not have to happen. i see where you are coming from but its sooo unnecessary... Only reason could be that you dont have to waste energy for pull and heal... but again that would make Rev even stronger as it is now....  (for real... even Ventari is overperforming when compared to some other classes atm) *cries in warrior*

oh and lightfield.. your tablet is a constant lightfield... you are a true gamer i see ❤️

waterfield? it can be spammblasted with ventariult and staff.... HEAL WOULD BE ABSURD... its pretty high as it is...

i see the potential.. and its already there xD you just dont see it...

to make it clear: i play ventari on a offensive build and it works just fine! for a fullsupport it just gets outperformed by any other class and there is no waterfield on sword 2 that can change that... other supports just have a easier time applying their buffs and heals. Playing ventari as support is very niche... it can work but almost any other support will be better.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

I forgot, what is that ancient MMO where you need to toggle your buffss every second to avoid paying for them while maintaining their effects with full uptime in order to even be competitive?

Yeah. Tablet is that. Degenerate gameplay.

Coupled with redundant, clearly uninspired abilities.

Redesign, please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I forgot, what is that ancient MMO where you need to toggle your buffss every second to avoid paying for them while maintaining their effects with full uptime in order to even be competitive?

Sorry i dont get what you mean here... i really tried.

clearly uninspired abilities

hmm not quite sure but i guess you have your opinion.

Everything that follows only applys to WvW and arguably sPvP.

even if it feels uninspired to you, you can still make it work and (warning opinion incoming) i personally think that ventari(paired with salvationtree) is actually REALLY good on a celerenegade. i even think it is better then your standard shiroshortbow build... but that could just be me...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUZlxQJMPii1RTMOqiRShMCagH1U6bD-zxIY1oi/UiUBkpIoUJQvCBJPL+ItB-e    try it and tell me ventari succs.

I can just speak for myself.. BUT if they would buff ventari or anything related to it to make it more viable as a support... the celebuilds would just become even more powerfull then they are already! Im using it for a long time now and i say it 100% does not need a buff or rework. If that "micromanaging the tablet" style is not for you... then dont play it. but if you learn to manage it its SO potent!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

@Sahne.6950 that build... is not that good for every one.

For that to work u need to know what to use and when...and u need to feel the flow of the build, using ventari in a "offensive way" is not easy :) .

If u can play that w/o messing swap and defenses props to u :)

Btw ventari needs a QoL check up   at max :P (i wish to get same heal on wvw as i get in pve with herald and ventari xD).

Just to think ventari used to heal 16k aoes to each ally.. and Herald regen was up to 1.4hps x10 allies, before the damage and heal nerfs.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1