Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Not to be forced to join a "world" if you are not in a wvw guild.


Recommended Posts

Being forced into a "world"  when you are not in a wvw guild is not good. I understand the devs need the internal structure of shards to work, but that should be transparent for us the players. 

First by keeping worlds you are not changing anything, second it is very easy to outplay it to do a bandwagon, players just need to not to join a WvW guild but band together in a pve guild. Then they can flock in mass to bandwagon any world.

Players not in a WvW guild should be placed in worlds by the server  and that should change every few days. If I would be asked I would implement an algorithm to balance the population so freelancers are placed in different world based on the needs and type of player.  Somehow how EotM currently works but a better tailored to how the player prefer to play freelancers should not have any problem. 

* Does it enjoy dueling/small scale? Zerging? PPT?  PPK?

With those metrics Anet can place them within existing alliances and against other players with similar objectives, while balancing the population to keep a healthy amount of a bit of everything.  

 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Being forced into a "world"  when you are not in a wvw guild is not good. I understand the devs need the internal structure of shards to work, but that should be transparent for us the players. 

A). First by keeping worlds you are not changing anything, second it is very easy to outplay it to do a bandwagon, players just need to not to join a WvW guild but band together in a pve guild. Then they can flock in mass to bandwagon any world.

B). Players not in a WvW guild should be placed in worlds by the server  and that should change every few days. If I would be asked I would implement an algorithm to balance the population so freelancers are placed in different world based on the needs and type of player.  Somehow how EotM currently works but a better tailored to how the player prefer to play freelancers should not have any problem. 

C)  Does it enjoy dueling/small scale? Zerging? PPT?  PPK?

With those metrics Anet can place them within existing alliances and against other players with similar objectives, while balancing the population to keep a healthy amount of a bit of everything.  

 

A). En Masse as a group of 500..  Game breaking…

 

B). so, you want to make the process even more convoluted?  In the hope that maybe it doesn’t happen?

 

C)  those play styles will still exist when, (wait for it, wait for it) alliances actually starts.

 

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Being forced into a "world"  when you are not in a wvw guild is not good. I understand the devs need the internal structure of shards to work, but that should be transparent for us the players. 

First by keeping worlds you are not changing anything, second it is very easy to outplay it to do a bandwagon, players just need to not to join a WvW guild but band together in a pve guild. Then they can flock in mass to bandwagon any world.

Players not in a WvW guild should be placed in worlds by the server  and that should change every few days. If I would be asked I would implement an algorithm to balance the population so freelancers are placed in different world based on the needs and type of player.  Somehow how EotM currently works but a better tailored to how the player prefer to play freelancers should not have any problem. 

* Does it enjoy dueling/small scale? Zerging? PPT?  PPK?

With those metrics Anet can place them within existing alliances and against other players with similar objectives, while balancing the population to keep a healthy amount of a bit of everything.  

 

Why not join a guild though?

Take this into account. This is just a beta to test basic features. The alliance feature as it was described isn't even being tested yet. Also seasons won't be every few days. They will last weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Why not join a guild though?

Take this into account. This is just a beta to test basic features. The alliance feature as it was described isn't even being tested yet. Also seasons won't be every few days. They will last weeks.

I see your point and you are totally right. Why not to join a WvW guild? Let say I haven't found a wvw guild I feel comfortable playing with yet. I am confident there are more players in my situation. 

The point of my request is so it allows me and players like me to meet different guilds. If I am locked up in a "world"  my ability to get to meet the right guild is very limited thus keeping me as a freelancer forever. 

Thus having to change "worlds" every few days addresses 2 pain points: I get the urgency to join a guild once I like one  otherwise I would lose the opportunity to keep playing with them  and  If for whatever reason I haven't found my guild yet I can keep looking as I know every few days I will meet new guilds and players. 

The idea is so everybody plays in a guild and to facilitate that thus the world rotation. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I see your point and you are totally right. Why not to join a WvW guild? Let say I haven't found a wvw guild I feel comfortable playing with yet. I am confident there are more players in my situation. 

The point of my request is so it allows me and players like me to meet different guilds. If I am locked up in a "world"  my ability to get to meet the right guild is very limited thus keeping me as a freelancer forever. 

Thus having to change "worlds" every few days addresses 2 pain points: I get the urgency to join a guild once I like one  otherwise I would lose the opportunity to keep playing with them  and  If for whatever reason I haven't found my guild yet I can keep looking as I know every few days I will meet new guilds and players. 

The idea is so everybody plays in a guild and to facilitate that thus the world rotation. 

Joining a guild is not as scary as you are making it out to be. There are a lot of friendly helpful people in this game. Joining a guild seems scary, but in reality it is one of the best things that a player could do. It was one of the best things I did.

I think I am seeing what you are saying. I think it is good that there are limits to joining a new alliance though. The consequences of there being no limit as you say would make things very unstable. A alliance/world is matchmade specifically at the start of a season based off of the people who signed up or were assigned to that alliance/world.

A parallel for the old WvW system would be if gem world transfers were removed. Just imagine all of the bandwagoning and instability it would cause WvW as a whole, especially for the less populated worlds. That wouldn't be healthy for the community. Maybe ANet will strike a happy medium, but again... why not join a guild? Surely you can find one before Alliances become official.

I really mean what I say about guilds making the game better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

First by keeping worlds you are not changing anything, second it is very easy to outplay it to do a bandwagon, players just need to not to join a WvW guild but band together in a pve guild. Then they can flock in mass to bandwagon any world.

You won't be able to choose your world so have no control over the other alliances or guilds you will play with so it's not really bandwagoning.

 

 

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

The point of my request is so it allows me and players like me to meet different guilds. If I am locked up in a "world"  my ability to get to meet the right guild is very limited thus keeping me as a freelancer forever. 

Thus having to change "worlds" every few days addresses 2 pain points: I get the urgency to join a guild once I like one  otherwise I would lose the opportunity to keep playing with them  and  If for whatever reason I haven't found my guild yet I can keep looking as I know every few days I will meet new guilds and players. 

If you had your world moved every few days, that wouldn't really give enough time to see what the guilds are like and you could easily miss a guild entirely if they didn't raid or have much presence for those few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anet is having a lot of problems for setting player shards the right way and lock them for the rest of the sprint duration (8 weeks right now). Imagine if it has to consider two different types of shards, the ones fixed by a guild (rotating every 8 weeks) and the freelance shards which rotate, as you propose, every few days, because you wanna see a lot of variations and multiple guilds so you find the more confortable to you. Mate, a 8 week period is a fair time for you to see, talk and play with the guilds you find in a created server. It is not unfair to wait 8 weeks to see more guilds (you can continue your search by whisper in pve, here in the forums or the rest of social media). If you consider joining a guild seriously, you will need even more than 8 weeks to know all the guids you can find in a created server. Jumping every few days has no sense as you justified it, it is more difficult to set at programming level, and creates differences between players. Anet will never do that, sorry to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

A parallel for the old WvW system would be if gem world transfers were removed. Just imagine all of the bandwagoning and instability it would cause WvW as a whole, especially for the less populated worlds. That wouldn't be healthy for the community. Maybe ANet will strike a happy medium, but again... why not join a guild? Surely you can find one before Alliances become official.

Anyone who played at launch up until costs to transfer were implemented (IIRC Jan 2013) experienced exactly what you describe!  So many servers rose and fell in population very quickly...

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...