Need more Awesome Looking Armor sets

21 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

What's your point?  Did you really think someone would think my point was absolute?  I stand by my statement that one can never have too much awesome armor,  nor can one ever have enough.

Like I said, what is "awesome'' is personal. I never said nor implied your point was absolute.

21 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

At what point will GW2 have enough awesome armor.  How much is enough for you that they never need to make any more armor ever again?

That depends on the person. I never said that they shouldn't make new armours.

But what I was saying is that since there are already a lot of armor sets in the game but they don't mix and match very well, that's something that I would like them to look at MOSTLY, because that's a main gripe of mine, but not exclusively.

And as DexterousGecko already said, it wasn't an attack. So your response was a bit more heated than I expected.

2 hours ago, AzureTerra.1642 said:

Some things need more options certainly. There is a singular lack of wide brimmed hats that are just hats and not something extra with it ~ like the Swaggering Hat, the hat itself is great the "hair" that is part of it is not. 

Heh, the hair is one of the main things I like about it. There are medium armour hats which are similar but they all make your character bald, which often looks weird. At least with that one it looks like their hair is tucked up underneath it instead of completely gone.

But this is a good example of why people just asking for "awesome" armour sets isn't practical. Very specific details can make or break a skin for many people and which ones those are will be different for each person. It's quite likely that one person's perfect set will be the one someone else would never even consider because it's so obviously ugly and wrong. I've also noticed trends (not necessarily in this thread) of people saying too many armour skins change the 'outline' or overall shape of a character and they don't like it and people saying too many don't change it and look too similar. Plus contrasting complaints about things being too bulky and/or ornate or too plain and boring.

It's impossible for Anet to make skins which everyone will like and I think it's safe to assume the artists aren't deliberately creating things they think are ugly and which no one would want to use, so if people want something different to what's currently available it's more likely to happen if you specify exactly what you want, or at least exactly what you don't like about the current selection.

I suspect some of the recent skins, like the monastery and ancient Canthan sets are a response to players asking for more plain and simple sets, especially the fact that the ancient Canthan set has both glowing and non-glowing versions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Does anyone know how many hats Anet would have to produce in order for your toon to show his/her hair?  That's asking a lot.

I wonder if they could do something like Elder Scrolls Online does where the hats are automatically paired with hair styles that won't clip, usually one where it looks like it's tied up and bundled under the hat or hanging down under it. For example I have a character whose default style is long hair tied up in elaborate knots and when I put a hat on them it changes to long loose hair hanging underneath.

I don't know how that's done, whether the hat and the hair are one object or if it's set to change the hair style to one of the available ones, but either way I can imagine GW2 could do something with a similar end result.

20 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

What's your point?  Did you really think someone would think my point was absolute?  I stand by my statement that one can never have too much awesome armor,  nor can one ever have enough.

Problem is, you also don't want derpy armor. And what some consider awesome, others might see as derpy (or worse).

Basically, yes, everyone agrees that getting more awesome armor would not hurt. What everyone disagree about however is what exactly that "awesome" armor is supposed to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Problem is, you also don't want derpy armor. And what some consider awesome, others might see as derpy (or worse).

Basically, yes, everyone agrees that getting more awesome armor would not hurt. What everyone disagree about however is what exactly that "awesome" armor is supposed to be.

Apparently Anet thinks it must have gaudy shoulder bling and buttcapes

8 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Does anyone know how many hats Anet would have to produce in order for your toon to show his/her hair?  That's asking a lot.

I don't believe you're thinking this one through properly, there should be better options besides hats always making characters bald or each hat have a version for each hairstyle.  Such as, instead they could have gone with a single or a set simple default hairstyles for all or most hats to share....better than forcing baldness on all of us. Or perhaps go with what the swaggering hat did and have each have their own.  Just about anything is better than making the default baldness.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Then let's keep cranking out more awesome armor. No one said that everyone had to agree that it was awesome.  Just as long as someone thinks it's awesome.  There can never be enough awesome armor, keep it coming.

BTW, your circular reasoning is really incomprehensible.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Then let's keep cranking out more awesome armor. No one said that everyone had to agree that it was awesome.  Just as long as someone thinks it's awesome.  There can never be enough awesome armor, keep it coming.

And they do that. It's just you, personally, don't think it's awesome. But some people do.

• Like 1

I dunno I think the Mist forged Armor sets as well as the Glorious Armor sets are pretty great. Especially the light and medium sets. No trench coats for the medium, and the light sets both just look great.

Granted those sets aren't the easiest to get, not hard but time consuming, at least you can turn them into leggy as well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

It's not important who thinks it's awesome.  Why are you so hung up on this point.  Just keep on cranking out more awesome armor.  

In that case Anet was already doing it before this topic was started. They've been making new armour sets and pieces periodically for years and there always seems to be someone who likes or uses them.

• Like 1

So what we're not gonna do is use Korean mmos as an example, because one of the MANY reasons I quit BDO is because I could not even get proper boots on my kitten female characters. This is one of the few mmos that I enjoy where I can actually wear proper footwear. Also, Korean mmos actually has the LEAST amount of variety when it comes to outfits because they make you look like a glorified pole dancer but in different flavors. Don't get me wrong, if I got a character that likes to strut that way, I will gladly put her in it, but when NINE other classes have the SAME aesthetic with hardly much variety (including just being in high heels with EVERY outfit) then it gets downright boring. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Agreed, Armor starts looking bland,  how older the game gets so more obvious it becomes that Anet can't  keep up creating Armor.

Legendary armor with animated parts was the one thing what could had pushed anet to the top tier armor in MMos but they abandon it sadly and only tried half effort at start.

EOD Armor wise was a disappointment I really thought anet would finally step up their game

• Confused 3

19 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I don't believe you're thinking this one through properly, there should be better options besides hats always making characters bald or each hat have a version for each hairstyle.  Such as, instead they could have gone with a single or a set simple default hairstyles for all or most hats to share....better than forcing baldness on all of us. Or perhaps go with what the swaggering hat did and have each have their own.  Just about anything is better than making the default baldness.

I don't disagree, but knowing how complaints go around here having a few "default" sets may well satisfy most people, but others will whine about not having their "exact" hair  style and/or color showing.

15 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't disagree, but knowing how complaints go around here having a few "default" sets may well satisfy most people, but others will whine about not having their "exact" hair  style and/or color showing.

Let them complain. I can all but guarantee more people would be happy with some hair on there character than would complain about not having the exact hairstyle when it was baldness across the board.