delete thief

noiwk.2760

I don't think Thief or Stealth need to get removed.

But there needs to either be real counterplay to stealth, or stealth needs to massively get nerfed /reworked from scratch.

Making the players see-through but not completely invisible might be one way to nerf stealth.

Another might be proximity-based visual and audio detection.

Then there also the idea floating around that Stealth should be removed upon taking any kind of damage.

I would not mind a really drastic way of nerfing it by reducing the stats of stealthed players by 90%.

In its current version Stealth definitely is broken and needs to go.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, noiwk.2760 said:

delete thief please !
or delete stealth .. 

Man u can't blame thief for $hitting on warrior, it's not thief's fault anet has completely destroyed the warrior class in this game. Ask for improvements to warriors kit to handle thieves, not for the nerfing or deletion of a class other players enjoy. I say this as a warrior player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Well. What counter play options do other professions have to counter stealth besides Revealed?

Knowledge of the thief class and how it's played, map awareness, aoe's, cleave and skills like rapid fire that track and hit targets after they've gone into stealth if skill was initiated before target stealthed are the main ones that come to mind, then there is others like fear, aegis from guard etc or shielding skills.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I don't think Thief or Stealth need to get removed.

But there needs to either be real counterplay to stealth, or stealth needs to massively get nerfed /reworked from scratch.

Making the players see-through but not completely invisible might be one way to nerf stealth.

Another might be proximity-based visual and audio detection.

Then there also the idea floating around that Stealth should be removed upon taking any kind of damage.

I would not mind a really drastic way of nerfing it by reducing the stats of stealthed players by 90%.

In its current version Stealth definitely is broken and needs to go.

There are a lot of issues with stealth that come from supporting traits - shadow arts GM trait that heals + ini being one of them, among a few other traits that grant and increase the duration of stealth. There are far too many things that grant benefits TO stealth when, instead, they should grant benefits when coming *out* of stealth. I think fixing a lot of these will make stealth much more tolerable, and is probably a better/easier option than removing/reworking stealth outright. 

And yet another part of the issue is lackluster class design - both on thief, which has things that enable stuff in stealth, and on other classes. Does stealth need a rework? Possibly. But I'll be taking all suggestions that anet do that with a huge grain of salt until some of the things muddying the waters of stealth are addressed.

Edited by Curennos.9307

19 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Knowledge of the thief class and how it's played, map awareness, aoe's, cleave and skills like rapid fire that track and hit targets after they've gone into stealth if skill was initiated before target stealthed are the main ones that come to mind, then there is others like fear, aegis from guard etc or shielding skills.

all of these aren't worth kitten when the thief is just twice as fast as you are, making every mistake impossible to punish no matter how bad it is. Even deadeye -which was supposed to be slow- with rifle 4 will move faster than a dashing daredevil.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

all of these aren't worth kitten when the thief is just twice as fast as you are, making every mistake impossible to punish no matter how bad it is. Even deadeye -which was supposed to be slow- with rifle 4 will move faster than a dashing daredevil.

Sry but imo in 2021/22 there is no class that is 2x slower than thief if played right, mobility has gone up exponentially in last few yrs or so. Secondly if u can't punish a thiefs mistakes than that's not really a thief issue as thieves definitely can be punished for them and downed, see all the threads regarding thieves disengage potential being to high, they ran away for a reason. I will say stealth is a bit overpowered in its current form but only minor changes/nerfs are needed to be made to keep it in check.

My suggestions being stealth is lost on any form of damage taken, only initial damage tic from condi  included. 12 sec stealth stack cap. The rework of DE elite and the inclusion of reveal to at least one commonly used utility skill on each class. Lastly thief reveal last 3 secs but can not be revealed again after for 15 secs, otherwise a team with reveals would 100% shut down the main mechanic 9f a class rendering it useless especially given reveals on cleave and aoes.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

This is not twice as fast as any class.

Time for you to log in and play the game lol.

How long has it been?

I also like that stealth is allready so broken that some players telling me that thief without stealth is unplayable. Meanwhile s/d for example isnt bad but overshadowed by its own d/p version and i mean by far overshadowed simply cause d/p not only spaming stealth but also blinds.

• Like 3