delete thief

noiwk.2760

2 hours ago, rrusse.7058 said:

Well. What counter play options do other professions have to counter stealth besides Revealed?

Besides mesmer, all classes should win any 1x1 fight against thief, it is a matter of skill. 

And u dont even need reveal skill, at all. 

I do recommend u create a thief and learn the class, i have zero problems in win vs thieves in other classes. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, anjo.6143 said:

Besides mesmer, all classes should win any 1x1 fight against thief, it is a matter of skill. 

I do recommend u create a thief and learn the class, i have zero problems in win vs thieves in other classes. 

Especially Warriors and Revenants, lol.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Haha 2

Well,  its been awhile since I played GW1 and familiarized myself with the meta game there.

I recall playing Assassin builds that incentivized more aggressive play over something like stealth seeing as it wasn't possible there and there was onky shadow-stepping.

It might not fit thematically with something like Thief in GW2, but could there be traits that want to push the Thief meta towards that or does Daredevil already accomplish that?

7 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

I also like that stealth is allready so broken that some players telling me that thief without stealth is unplayable. Meanwhile s/d for example isnt bad but overshadowed by its own d/p version and i mean by far overshadowed simply cause d/p not only spaming stealth but also blinds.

I like this logic right here haha. A bad build 9r build that's been left behind isn't always overshadowed by op builds, that's silly, it's simply not used because vs most meta builds it gets destroyed and simply isn't very good in this meta, nothing to do with how viable dp is.

7 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

I also like that stealth is allready so broken that some players telling me that thief without stealth is unplayable. Meanwhile s/d for example isnt bad but overshadowed by its own d/p version and i mean by far overshadowed simply cause d/p not only spaming stealth but also blinds.

Stealth and thief are not going away.

I swear the only class that complains about d/p thief right now is warrior.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, rrusse.7058 said:

It might not fit thematically with something like Thief in GW2, but could there be traits that want to push the Thief meta towards that or does Daredevil already accomplish that?

Acro used to be the trait for in-combat defense that favored sword/x builds, but it got gutted as soon as people caught on its synergy with daredevil. Though malice signet would help if it ever gets a serious overhaul, same with invigorating precision since the Feb 2020 patch.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Acro used to be the trait for in-combat defense that favored sword/x builds, but it got gutted as soon as people caught on its synergy with daredevil. Though malice signet would help if it ever gets a serious overhaul, same with invigorating precision since the Feb 2020 patch.

Feb. 2020? Has it been that long since our last balance patch? Sheesh.

Almost makes me excited to get EoD just so we can move forward. That's interesting though, thanks for sharing. I just think it would be best to have more playstyles that try to push theif beyond stealth. Granted we have a few of those now and who knows with Specter.

12 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

What is this nonsence? Thief  virtually cannot lose any 1x1 (besides sic 'em sb). And it can win vs almost every sidenoder. The thing is it's usually not worth to waste time for it.

13 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

People simply got so used to powercreeped speces that they take them as some sort of "base" level and expect everything else to be the same kind of bs, so if d/p teef is like worth 200 points while s/d is like 180, they see s/d as something weak af and unplayable, even though it's still broken bs in different areas.
Need to thank HoT for that I guess...

On 1/18/2022 at 4:27 AM, rrusse.7058 said:

Wait, is OP suggesting that we also remove Rangers, Engineers and Mesmers for having traits, weapon skills and utilities that grant access to stealth?!

yes...  remove stealth from game..  kitten mechanic how stealth work..   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

DELETE STEALTH  

that simple.. nothing else gonna make PVP good ..  
stealth is stupid in this game..  ive never seen a game where stealth has 0 drawback ! 
heal in stealth can use skills in stealth 100% invis at stealth
stealth doesnt break on damage.. has no radius limit..   spamable with basically no cd  long duration
remove condis reduce damage during stealth and after..  
 and most classes barely have any reveal  if they insist keeping stealth as it is they should load every class with kitten tons of reveals..  
but better yet just delete or rework stealth 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

@Psycoprophet.8107 don't get me wrong. I am Warrior main but I also playing thief. And I 100% annoying to see d/p thiefs around. Yes it need some skill to played well BUT it also get everything. You could eziliy be stealthed 100% of the games left if you know how. You got 3 unblockable skills that also cc  at the same time. Got 3 dodge Bars with a longer dodge animation and speed buff just for dodge. You dodge also weekend enemys. And the lower you dodge Bar is the more damage you deal. That combined with the fair amount of damage it could still do even while your playing on 2 defence traitlines made this build so stupid to fight against.

EDIT: Using daredevil as thief does nothing negative to him. All it does is made steal to swipe so it got only 600 ranged steal but heck gues what? It also made steal unblockable. Its more a debuff but buff Situation than on classes like warr. On warr you get lower burst damage and lower defence or damage while using spellbraker. Or if Berserker is used it gives ya -300 thougness and no burst skills if your not in zerk Mode.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

What is this nonsence? Thief  virtually cannot lose any 1x1 (besides sic 'em sb). And it can win vs almost every sidenoder. The thing is it's usually not worth to waste time for it.

If the fight isn't over for thief in like 10 secs or less, it's not a win for the thief, and therefore a pointless fight.

If you have the ability to hold out for any amount of time past this they will leave.

If you die in less than 10 secs, it is YOU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

If the fight isn't over for thief in like 10 secs or less, it's not a win for the thief, and therefore a pointless fight.

If you have the ability to hold out for any amount of time past this they will leave.

If you die in less than 10 secs, it is YOU.

There is a difference between holding for more than 10 secs vs thief and "winning every 1x1 fight" vs thief.

I can paraphrase: if you are loosing any 1v1 as a thief or dying as a thief it is YOU are playing bad.

Edited by Spellhunter.9675
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

There is a difference between holding for more than 10 secs vs thief and "winning every 1x1 fight" vs thief.

I can paraphrase: if you are loosing any 1v1 as a thief or dying as a thief it is YOU are playing bad.

Yeah, but that's a false claim.

Thief has plenty of bad match ups,, they don't win every 1 v 1 even if prolonged.

Not gonna take down a holo, core necro, weaver unless they are completely incompetent.

Shiros can be tougher if they have mechanical skill, staff mirage is a waste of time, tempest will never die if equal skill, other thieves depending on your build going to be too tough or risky.

Easier wins might be renegades, warriors, reapers, Thief types you counter, and core mesmer.

The rest depend on player, so NO, you don't win every 1 v 1.

Best is to place side kick, and node stealer.

Thieves that van do it all are the top dog oldest thieves so mechanically sound it doesn't matter what they play. They are good at it all, because that's what it takes to be able to 1 v 1 every class as thief is to be great at every class ,na d that's not the rule, they are the exceptions.

Because the are exceptional.

Most players who are not in the easier wins category for favorite class know that most thieves are garbo, and will always runaway or hand you free 5 points.

Objectively the truth.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Thief winning 1x1s...

Thief winning Vs sidenosers

Jeez, it is better read this than dont have eyes.

Edit: if u cant win vs a thief, for the love of God, create one and learn it, cause it is kitten easy. 

Edited by anjo.6143
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly there are issues with stealth in this game but stealth is far from the only problem. Gw2 has literally became a meme of a mmo for pvp and will never have a healthy population as long as devs ignore and actually promote certain playstyle that make most competitive players laugh their kitten off at this game right before hitting the delete button. Examples of these are zoo neceo, trapper guard, core burn guard that has far more sustain than a guard main pretends to only have while doing insane braindrad bursts, flamethrower scrapper(gotta love that swiftness and stab while u literally spam one button on a opponent till all their clears are gone than chase them with that sweet sweet swiftness while roasting them haha). These types of builds are way to effective for the effort to play them. A player that's played the game a week can use one of these builds and get to plat one before having issues vs players who are really skilled and coordinated and $hit on them. Anet needs to do a lot more than evaluate stealth in this game for it to get to the point again where its not a joke. Look at eod specs, almost all of them are trash for pvp/wvw and have major design issues, but they'll be fine in pve where everything works cuz 8ts all braindead easy yay!