delete thief

noiwk.2760

1 minute ago, anjo.6143 said:

U said u like roaming and ganking as jungler at lol and at same time SA doesnt fit on ur playstyle... Just... Huh? Lmao

If you understood the reasons Thief normally runs SA and the amount of damage/pressure they lose in the process my statement would make perfect sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

U said u like roaming and ganking as jungler at lol and at same time SA doesnt fit on ur playstyle... Just... Huh? Lmao

Shadow arts doesn't give nearly enough damage to be a ganker.

You need to run deadly arts or critical strikes, perhaps both if dropping daredevil.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

If you understood the reasons Thief normally runs SA and the amount of damage/pressure they lose in the process my statement would make perfect sense.

Don't worry, you are correct.

A deadly arts dd will have up to 240 more power and more damage modifiers and poison.

A critical strikes daredevil will have up to 500 more conditional ferocity, +damage modifiers in the minors. 

Maybe they were actually confused.

A core thief running both and trickery with a lynx for the speed or scholarsbecause you don't care hits the hardest of all.

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Thanks 1

In every game I know, the thief class is hated. This is a never-ending story.
On the other hand, other classes like the Guardian and Necromancer dominate almost all PvP modes, or was there ever a thief searched for in the map chat for a task force in WvWvW? I play this game since Headstart and i never ever saw a search for my class in the chat.

The thief is also the second least played in the game.

Such threads are created by players who have not played this class for 5 minutes. Otherwise they would know how frustrating the class is at the beginning and how much time it takes to become good.

Otherwise, they should explain to me why so few newcomers choose the class if it is so strong. Makes no sense.

So now they also want to take my last role and become complete garbage.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

On the other hand, other classes like the Guardian and Necromancer dominate almost all PvP modes, or was there ever a thief searched for in the map chat for a task force in WvWvW? I play this game since Headstart and i never ever saw a search for my class in the chat.

It's so insane to me how people are actively running into necromancers that sit immovable on node and yet the pvp forum pages are full of thief whine, which if heeded would make that problem worse. 

You all do you but y'all are weird to be reaching that conclusion after being so upset about the general game balance. It's like being in a sinking ship but tearing up the floorboards because you don't like that they're wet.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

Where do people even get this idea from? Are there proper statistics released by Arenanet?

Gw2efficiency doesn't count as a proper source, as it only reflects a minority of the playerbase.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:19 AM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Funny how all the people claiming "thief is only strong if you master it" arent even really good thieves. SA carries average thieves and makes them think they are good.

*Sees almost every Thief players with Daredevil trait, Shadow Arts and Dagger/Pistol as the primary weapon set.*

That's the current status of almost every Thieves I have encountered with as adversaries up till now.

Edited by Sylvia.4870
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Where do people even get this idea from? Are there proper statistics released by Arenanet?

Gw2efficiency doesn't count as a proper source, as it only reflects a minority of the playerbase.

?

Gw2Efficiency is still drawn from a pool of actual players.  Sure, it isn't everyone, but you can still make an inference from that data. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Gw2Efficiency is still drawn from a pool of actual players.  Sure, it isn't everyone, but you can still make an inference from that data. 

You realize that it is heavily skewed towards, as the name suggests, players who actually try to be efficient, right?

This automatically excludes the vast majority of players, including nearly all casual players and those who only dip into the game from time to time. Thus, it doesn't give a reliable information that could be reasonably extrapolated towards the entire player base.

For all we know or, Thief could be played by enough players not registered to that side, that it actually turned out to be the second-most played profession. But unless Arenanet gives us actual numbers, we simply have no way of telling.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You realize that it is heavily skewed towards, as the name suggests, players who actually try to be efficient, right?

This automatically excludes the vast majority of players, including nearly all casual players and those who only dip into the game from time to time. Thus, it doesn't give a reliable information that could be reasonably extrapolated towards the entire player base.

For all we know or, Thief could be played by enough players not registered to that side, that it actually turned out to be the second-most played profession. But unless Arenanet gives us actual numbers, we simply have no way of telling.

This Majority don't even play PvP or WvWvW at all.  And also without any data, i have two eyes and i play daily PvP And WvWvW and i say that there are not many thief players around. WvWvW is  GWEN all day in every competitive gameplay (Zergfights/Guilds). You only see thiefs in Roaming or at the duel zones. It is one of the least played classes. 

Edited by Grebcol.5984

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Well.....

Depending on the amount of active players versus those registered on that site, you could be getting a very reasonable sample.

Not sure how far it would ultimately deviate from those results in RL, but I would bet they are pretty close scaled up.

Necro and Guard are obviously the most played classes, and that just obvious, but it is also true on that site.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:08 AM, Ashgar.3024 said:

The amount of damage is perfectly acceptable for ganks from stealth, as a roamer that can pratically instaplus, do lots and lots of dmg. 

The dmg u gain from crit arts or kitten it is too low, doesn't compensate the cooldowns and lack of sustain. You def cant beat sa thief on roamer job as crit art/kitten thief if u both have the same skill lvl