PvP

I honestly cant stomach playing this kitten anymore. This game is not fun when everyone is playing ft scrappers, trapper dh, SA thieves, necros, and support guards/tempests. The problem isnt even anet being incompetent at balancing, they have been pushing the game towards these mindless playstyles for years now and seem to think that everything is fine. There is hardly any skill in actual combat, its all just teamfight spam and matchup dependent fights. The only skill left in this game is teamwork and rotations.

And the excuse of "they are busy working on EoD" cant stand up to the fact that they have repeatedly made the worst possible decisions regarding competitive design. The last several years of balance patches and the EoD espec design is a testament to that.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I honestly cant stomach playing this kitten anymore. This game is not fun when everyone is playing ft scrappers, trapper dh, SA thieves, necros, and support guards/tempests....

Being upset about everything being -REDACTED- is so 2019. Just enjoy the dumb maymays and stop taking the game seriously. There was a time when I wanted PvP to be good and competetive mode, but now I've realised that the problems won't be fixed, so might aswell become part of it. Play all those noobstomper meme builds all you can, there is an odd hilarity to exploiting them.

Just this weekend I had several matches where 4+ people played FT scrapper. It was so dumb and so fun. Than a triple trapper DH match right after, good luck keeping track of what's trapped and whats not. If you cannot bring yourself to enjoy the dumb, I advise you to just stop. Maybe check back to see how EoD pans out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I honestly cant stomach playing this kitten anymore. This game is not fun when everyone is playing ft scrappers, trapper dh, SA thieves, necros, and support guards/tempests. The problem isnt even anet being incompetent at balancing, they have been pushing the game towards these mindless playstyles for years now and seem to think that everything is fine. There is hardly any skill in actual combat, its all just teamfight spam and matchup dependent fights. The only skill left in this game is teamwork and rotations.

And the excuse of "they are busy working on EoD" cant stand up to the fact that they have repeatedly made the worst possible decisions regarding competitive design. The last several years of balance patches and the EoD espec design is a testament to that.

Basically everyone in every class are clapping u? Tell us what are the spec u are playing and suffering against those

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Matches are not even because duos do not count as the highest rated person. 

They take each player in to account when making a team average.

Trying to deny that is hilarious because we have all seen the matchmaking algo, and you have to ask yourself why all tip top players duo on low rated alts with the others main and play games at 3,4,5 am est?

Population is also low, so don't take it seriously. 

Just farm your sharts and play meme builds for fun until they fix the kitten or it dies.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Matches are not even because duos do not count as the highest rated person. 

They take each player in to account when making a team average.

Trying to deny that is hilarious because we have all seen the matchmaking algo, and you have to ask yourself why all tip top players duo on low rated alts with the others main and play games at 3,4,5 am est?

Population is also low, so don't take it seriously. 

Just farm your sharts and play meme builds for fun until they fix the kitten or it dies.

I thought algo was counting highest rating from duo ( and I'm sure it was a thing prior). But I played dozen of matches with a mate who was 300 points lower then me. And I can clearly see algo is taking AVERAGE rating of duo now. I'm usually playing solo so it was news for me.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:12 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Being upset about everything being -REDACTED- is so 2019. Just enjoy the dumb maymays and stop taking the game seriously. There was a time when I wanted PvP to be good and competetive mode, but now I've realised that the problems won't be fixed, so might aswell become part of it. Play all those noobstomper meme builds all you can, there is an odd hilarity to exploiting them.

Just this weekend I had several matches where 4+ people played FT scrapper. It was so dumb and so fun. Than a triple trapper DH match right after, good luck keeping track of what's trapped and whats not. If you cannot bring yourself to enjoy the dumb, I advise you to just stop. Maybe check back to see how EoD pans out.

Every time I see DH in my team and opposite team I'm staying away from every trap, uhave no way to tell with this kitten if it's allied or enemy... 

• Like 3

I'm right there with you @Paradoxoglanis.1904.  February 7th will be the last time i play gw2. Becuase on February 8th, Lost Ark releases for the USA and Europe. Its little different, but very much the same as gw2. But the developers seem to actually enjoy progressing pvp into a better experience where as gw2 devs do not have tht drive.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 12:40 AM, Guirssane.7082 said:

Every time I see DH in my team and opposite team I'm staying away from every trap, uhave no way to tell with this kitten if it's allied or enemy... 

They started to color code them at one point red bad blue good, but went minimalistic(little outline at the bottom of the aoe circle) and dropped the whole thing after the partch. 

Edited by Vancho.8750

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I'm right there with you @Paradoxoglanis.1904.  February 7th will be the last time i play gw2. Becuase on February 8th, Lost Ark releases for the USA and Europe. Its little different, but very much the same as gw2. But the developers seem to actually enjoy progressing pvp into a better experience where as gw2 devs do not have tht drive.

yea, and this quarter of the year they will make pvp focused changes, balancing, stat changes, new PvP oriented continent, new pvp types, FoV changes and even skill reworks to look forward to, meanwhile here.... yikes

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

You mean that you don have fun dealing with FT Scrappers, trapper DHs, trapper rangers, SA thieves, MM and core necros?

How weird, they're just "noob stomper" builds, yu just bad 🙄.

(🤡)

u forgot support guardian... imagine winning a game when u dont have a support nor a necro in this meta, well its impossible

Edited by Guirssane.7082