What am I missing with sustain?

captrowdy.9561

So I started with the build on meta battle for roaming spellbreaker. I should be getting healing from generating might right? It ticks for like 85? Basically where do I get the passive healing from? On my soulbeast my health usually stays above 50%. I really enjoy spellbreaker but I seem to be missing something for roaming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this is about wvw roaming, what runes and sigils are you running? I use durability and sigil of energy on GS, I assume the metabattle build does also.

Anyway, your sustain comes mainly from dodges/evades/shield block and mending. If you are fighting a boon spamming target, also from stealing boons with sigil of absorption.

Its just not a lot of sustain.

Edited by Hotride.2187

Here is the metabattle link to WvW SpB Roamer: Spellbreaker - Magebane Roamer - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

The build outside of gear is pretty much the same for PvP.

The sustain is mostly from dodging and using FC to negate key attacks and putting daze on the target.

Might Makes Right, along with the might generation from the traits/gear/food, will allow you to dodge frequently.

Building Momentum will give you 15 endurance when you hit with a burst. If you take a bowl of orrian truffle and meat stew, then along with Reckless Dodge and Building Momentum you should be able to dodge very often. The more foes you strike the more dodges you can regenerate.

Arcing Slice -> Full Counter -> Arcing Slice will give you 51 endurance against a single target if all three hits critical. You can dodge into the target to evade an attack, do the chain above using FC strategically as its own evade/interrupt, and then be able to dodge twice more if you need to.

You can swap Rampage out for Signet of Rage, the 20 stacks of might is almost another dodge and it is a bit more healing.

I have a guild mate that runs Defense/Tactics/Spellbreaker and people have a hard time downing him on that build. Not sure on what his gear was but this is something to what he ran: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAExflJwuYYsNGKeUTqvbA-z1QYhIYqRN/JoxDQA/dUNDA-w 

3 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

Thanks for the help y’all. I love warrior but erm soulbeast seems to do what I want better. 

full zerk stance Soulbeast with GS/ Longbow, dmg reduction or heal per tick food, nature magic iirc or something. In any case a superior warrior with range, melee, condi management, power dmg reductions, decent recovery (tho still lacking, but it's ok if you avoid refects from range), super fast and evasive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

In any case, you rly gotta see what you are looking for. I'm currently in the process of making a mega tank cele warrior. Cause better embrace the meme than crush my hands fighting against it. Will share build once I'm done evaluating it. 

I will say cele core warrior is definitely strong, you'll make the Shortbow cele rangers/druids with perma immob sad.

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

In any case, you rly gotta see what you are looking for. I'm currently in the process of making a mega tank cele warrior. Cause better embrace the meme than crush my hands fighting against it. Will share build once I'm done evaluating it. 

Try defense all mid, then runes of the stars or antitoxin.

For super tank action you could try str/tact/def. Take mending, sio, berk stance, and endurance signet.

I know, nO dIsCiPliNe?!?! But it's a tanking build.

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Try defense all mid, then runes of the stars or antitoxin.

For super tank action you could try str/tact/def. Take mending, sio, berk stance, and endurance signet.

I know, nO dIsCiPliNe?!?! But it's a tanking build.

Yeah I'm also on the no discipline road rn. It makes it more fluid and has a minor dmg boost, but I see more value in a Defense,

Strength, Arms combination with full cele. 

My aim with the build is sustain and some dmg output overtime. 

But it's also a laid back build. A lower effort one. Can be used outside WvW. 

It's basically Hammbow Signet warrior. I'm debating the use of an offensive rune (stars is too kitten expensive tbh) so I'm sticking with dolyak, oyster heal per tick food and healing Signet as well as dogged March regen and adrenal health for epic recovery with no MMR. 

I'm preferring body blow and merciless hammer on strength since I don't use Signet of rage or Fury (Banner usually is a nice rez option and with my low mobility I stay in range for those sweet boons). Mending might ir rn my option to further boost the healing Signet active ability besides the 9 seconds iirc of resistance and Signet of ferocity with its aight heal (still both heals could be way better without a build having to specialize this much into healing power). But since I run stomp as a second stunbreak and consider rampage as a solo option elite which synergize well with the condition removal I'll try that. 

Bunker rangers, mostly cele rangers and Soulbeasts are winnable. Good cele druids are super tough to deal with when you don't have warrior's sprint and they got passive superspeed but eh. 

11 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

I will say cele core warrior is definitely strong, you'll make the Shortbow cele rangers/druids with perma immob sad.

Agreed. I'm just too bored of the classic cele (and more condi oriented variants) of shout bow builds that I simply want something else with the same concept rn. Tho Longbow Zerker also quite good option but lacks the sustain imo even if warhorn helps a lot with the sword main hand. 

Aside from MMR being more about the endurance than the healing, Mending is arguably the best heal skill in the game. With it's low cooldown you can cast it more often than you probably are. Getting a full counter daze on someone will buy you time to get it off safely. I'll pop it just for the condi clear sometimes, plus it gives a damage bonus from Peak Performance and more healing/damage/endurance if you're running Fighter runes with the might on heal.

• 2 weeks later...

Longbow is decent on Cele gear. Rifle will pump out surprising stacks of Vulnerability and Immobilize durations as well with Cele gear.

If you are doing Cele, try Tactics with Vigorous Shouts or Phalanx Strength. If you take it into WvW there are several runes with will spawn an NPC ally for you to use PS with and essentially double your healing output for yourself through Mending Might.

You can try Core Str/Tact/Disc or SpB Tact/Disc. I have a guild mate that runs Def/Tact Spellbreaker with Vigorous Shouts and plays pretty well with it. YMMV as always, but getting into some friendly duels with someone who is willing to coach you is always a good thing.

• Like 1

Vigorous shouts seems to be the only obvious option in this regard.

Everything else feels like it's just helping me tread water.

With vigorous shouts I at least feel like I can last an ample amount of time on nodes in arena, even without healing power on my kit. If you look at the numbers it puts out compared to any other option, it's an obvious night and day difference. 

The crummy thing is it means you have to sacrifice a lot of utility and basically fill your utility bar with ammo shouts. I think the common consensus for that reason was to use great sword and evades rather than standing in the pocket.

I believe that is the usual choice for meta power builds, whereas some form of healbreaker is the usual support build, since the shouts are area of effect heals in addition to being self heals.

I like to use rune of the soldier as it provides some bare bones condition cleansing; but it never keeps up with the rate at which conditions are applied, which is why I often go back to mending. And even that isn't enough for a team fight, but it usually works to keep me alive in a 1v1 on a node.

• Like 1