PvP is trash in this game, I hit Plat on a F2P account in 48 hours without fighting a single person

Jayce.3921

8 hours ago, Zexanima.7851 said:

I have no proof for you but I've done very similar things on thief. I some times even run rune of speed to rotate even faster. It's the easiest way to win matches. Do you win every single match this way? Of course not, but you can easily remain in the positives up to mid plat doing this. Regardless of if it's true or not he makes some valid points. 

I'm not saying you can never win a match in this fashion. 

But to go from a new account to play in 48 hours as a brand new player with no experience without ever attacking a target consistently. His win rate would have to be extremely high. 

Gw2 is fixed to pushing players around a 50% winrate, it's also proven the more games you play in a single season the more likely you are to become stuck in rank due to how these statistics work

Hence why most top players play the minimum amount of games prior the end then burst forward instead of consistent play. 

The statistical evidence stacks against him when it comes to the quantity of games he would of had to play, consistently win without breaking a single rule he's put in place. 

Well if his point is in lower ranks players don't understand rotation and making use of that wins games, then yes he has. 

And yeah it does make some games boring as you basically have to afk stand on nodes when v a thief and have no thief. 

I thinks it's pretty exaggerated at best. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Well, OP. Let me tell you! I am absolutely surprised! (...not really..)

I've been saying for YEARS that this matchmaking system is a farce, that it means nothing. Including its participation trophies...EERRR (ahem)...pvp titles...But the glorious forum "thought-leaders" and the "git gud" crowd who still have an investment in this farce and the (snicker!) pvp "scene" will still pretend that the sky is brown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anet left pvp to die for years (honestly, ever since HoT came out they have left pvp to die, soon as the first E-specs came in balance went out the window). Which is is why of course, the game mode is so dead and we only have capture the ring, which yes, can be won without even fighting anyone. I wish we had even a single capture the flag map. Something to mix it up but no, just unbalanced node capturing full of win traders and bots. 

Even the popular streamers/YT's we do have honestly are tiny channels. If Muk ever stopped the streaming side would most likely die off for all modes, but no one wants to watch gw2 pvp anyway. Just watch a coin flip and you are watching gw2 matchmaking. 
The best way to play honestly is literally as the OP stated, be fast and be a class that can invis. Cap nodes constantly and you win more matches then you would be fighting. I WISH you could win ranked matches by fighting alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2022 at 8:31 PM, Jayce.3921 said:

I made a F2P account, ran a F2P Thief Condi build and all I did was run from side node to side node. 

In about a day or two of playing constantly, I placed into Gold 2 and just hit Plat this morning.

Every single game, I didn't teamfight. I literally just put on a YouTube video, ran to one side node and waited and ran to the other. 

When I was forced to fight, I go invis and wait and then decap when they leave. I just keep repeating this and forcing them to come to me until my team wins fights.

I literally hit plat in less than 48 hours and I didn't even play the actual game, just AFK capping nodes.

This game's PvP is a joke, on Reddit there was a guy openly bragging about his bots hitting Plat and all he did was just make a simple Necro bot that spams 3 - 4 ability rotation, literally that's all it takes to beat the average player in PvP in this game.

I thought maybe high-end PvP is where it's at, but all the GW2 channels on YT are dead. The Twitch community is even worse, actual 20 viewer PvP Andys who lose matches to bots.

And i'm sure 99% of you don't watch GW2 PvP content, but most of it is incredibly boring and cluttered. No one has any clue what ability is doing what, the casters aren't mentally fast enough to keep up with call outs and the entire screen looks like a rave of random flashing effects. 

There's no hope for this game mode and honestly it makes sense why Arenanet abandoned it completely. 

To add to your test if you do that on old account you will be actively punished by the game matchmaker and it will try to drag you to G2. Fresh accounts seem to get boosts and you get allot of newbs in plat all the while older players are actively punished for playing on old account, like the game wants you to smurf, which i think is no fun for anyone, maybe it is to sell more game boxes idk.
Personal observation of mine no one wants to sidenode, most people can't rotate for kitten, most people can't do damage and most  players can't decap since they can't count and do this hover around the fight thing doing nothing, like you said all you need is SB 5 it takes 15 to 20 seconds to go from mid to far decap and come back to the fight on mid if you are even inclined to fight. The border between skill levels is kittened, the experienced players range is gone you might end up in a game with both teams being tournament winners and the next one to be a silver bot level shitshow.  

Ranked is kittened , people do tournaments for the supposed high end pvp, ranked is mostly for shits and giggles these days even though getting a top 250 is pain in the kitten, not because you will meet strong players but because the MM will throw you in the peanut gallery vs people on your level since your were winning too much, there is also the META GAME shenanigans like wintrading that you can get in to the crossfire.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

To add to your test if you do that on old account you will be actively punished by the game matchmaker and it will try to drag you to G2. Fresh accounts seem to get boosts and you get allot of newbs in plat all the while older players are actively punished for playing on old account

I'm not saying you're wrong. But could you give some facts on the basis of which you draw such conclusions?

11 minutes ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong. But could you give some facts on the basis of which you draw such conclusions?

Personal experience, people testing it on smurf accounts and posting it on the forum and most importantly the  algorithm , under second phase. Normally it should work but external factors change the outcome too much, low pop , match manipulation tactics, afk and what not. It has reached a point where to be able to stay in some numeric region you would have to have over 60 % win rate at some cases like the one loss being equal to 2 wins, since you lose more points just because the MM decided that since you are higher up you are supposed to carry and win the game even though the players with you might be at a really volatile rating.
You have probably noticed these post about someone losing 10 in a row then winning 10 in a row games.   

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2022 at 3:06 PM, Jayce.3921 said:

I don't have to make a Fractls/Raid is trash post, that's kinda a given already considering how dead LFG is for those scenes xD

im sorry what ? are you doing tier 1 lol ? t4 is full in LFG at reset and you can fill a  group under a min every time of the day ...and for raid have you try to advertise one ? it fill in 2-5 min 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 1/18/2022 at 12:31 PM, Jayce.3921 said:

all I did was run from side node to side node. 

Every single game, I didn't teamfight.

When I was forced to fight, I go invis and wait and then decap when they leave. I just keep repeating this and forcing them to come to me until my team wins fights.

If more thieves actually did this (their job as a thief) then everyone would be happy. It's boring but you literally give your team value by doing what you're doing. There are so many bad thieves in this game who stay in mid fights as if they're a bunker.

There has never been a population issue with pvp. It is a player quality issue.

I've been around for every expansion this game has had and pvp queued among the surge of players during prime time. The quality of matches hasn't improved because a lot of casual players don't want to improve. When you're near plat2 during prime time, sometimes you'll get better quality matches but you can't just spam games. The only time I've EVER de-ranked is when I queue spam too much... getting random quality players between gold and plat that Anet expects you to carry.
Anet's excuse is,
- "Sorry couldn't find a full team of Plats, but the game is filled with Gold2 players. You're the highest rated in the game so we gave you the lowest out of these Gold players. Both team's rating averages are even! Good luck trying to carry that core engi and staff daredevil thief!"

edit:
@Amarils.8916 why did you necro this thread heathen?

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

let's try this with other classes war and ranger are good contenders, just use the most deffensive traits, invul utilities 2 stun breaks, sword warhorn gs for mobility, demolisher amulet, kite ppl forever 

I'm honestly about to do this. Instead of sword/warhorn maybe staff with greatsword lol

16 minutes ago, melcor.1094 said:

That is part of the PvE grind. You only can enjoy as PvE player!

It does it in pvp also ;[ so much low level crafting bs that is barely worth the hastle to proccess and sell. Then the ascended mats can't be traded, or at least sold to npc. The gobbler Q's are huge, cba 😜 /delete. One day they will make them useful and ill regret deleting it all, but w/e.

Edited by Flowki.7194

9 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

It does it in pvp also ;[ so much low level crafting bs that is barely worth the hastle to proccess and sell. Then the ascended mats can't be traded, or at least sold to npc. The gobbler Q's are huge, cba 😜 /delete. One day they will make them useful and ill regret deleting it all, but w/e.

I know, i know! But Anet sees PvP just as another mode where casual PvE player can chill-grind some loot after they completed the whole expansion PvE content developped over months in 3 hours.

• Haha 2

On 1/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, Jayce.3921 said:

very single game, I didn't teamfight. I literally just put on a YouTube video, ran to one side node and waited and ran to the other. 

Gz you know how capture the point works. People are way to much into mechanics and their ego to play the game mode proper, when there isn't a bunker meta. I assume you played thief and leveraged your superior mobility to outmatch people would should stomp you.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, Jayce.3921 said:

I thought maybe high-end PvP is where it's at, but all the GW2 channels on YT are dead. The Twitch community is even worse, actual 20 viewer PvP Andys who lose matches to bots.

GW 2 is a action MMORPG that means there is a knowledge check, apm check and a teamcomp check, which makes PvP really hard to get into. The people who balance the game are gamers themselves and balance around the higher echelons of skill, which makes the game really unfriendly to casuals. That chokes out new players, therfore outer problems the game mode has get increased by the low player population.

All that leads to a death of PvP, which is a real shame. A balanced conquest game in gw2 where everybody does it part "correctly" is probably the peak of competitive online gaming. Movement through the map, out dueling other players on point, picking your fights correctly, holding out against multiple enemies to give your team the room to conquer the map and many other intricacies makes GW2 such a fun game when the stars align.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Thanks 1

PvP is in survival mode and it wil be on the ground level in the next upcoming balance patch; just be prepared for a 2x increase of  Afk's, bots and farming

I promise; there will be an outcry in the PvP forum within the first few weeks after the patch release

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 3