Thunderkeep oil meta

sniperman.1738

I don't know. I did the south meta twice the other day and both times there were more than enough people to successfully complete the events. Maybe you just ended up in an empty map? Try to use LFG to create a south meta squad or wait until Thunderhead Keep is the map of the day, so you can more easily gather enough players to do the meta. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Alric.5078 said:

I don't know. I did the south meta twice the other day and both times there were more than enough people to successfully complete the events. Maybe you just ended up in an empty map? Try to use LFG to create a south meta squad or wait until Thunderhead Keep is the map of the day, so you can more easily gather enough players to do the meta. 

I had to try 3 times through out the day 😞

3 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

That meta actually doesn't need all that many people. It is important though that people know what to do. If nobody takes care to kite the hydra away from the drill, that's usually what makes the event fail.

however it does require people not to be absolute idiots who direct all the attacks towards the drill instead of away from it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

That meta actually doesn't need all that many people. It is important though that people know what to do. If nobody takes care to kite the hydra away from the drill, that's usually what makes the event fail.

This is probably my least-played map and I made that mistake the other day.  Is the hydra actually part of the event or is that a separate event?  If not, they should really do something about that.  It shouldn't be pathing into this event where it is so disruptive.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

This is probably my least-played map and I made that mistake the other day.  Is the hydra actually part of the event or is that a separate event?  If not, they should really do something about that.  It shouldn't be pathing into this event where it is so disruptive.

Seems like something Hydras just love to do. I can think of at least two hero points that I've learned to go hunt down the wandering hydra before activating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

As far as I know, those hydras are part of the event, and from what I've observed also are the main obstacle that requires people to actually react to the situation rather than just attack anything without much thought. Most of the dredge are too weak to do serious damage to the drills (unless there are no defenders at all), so the hydras are the main threat that needs to be dealt with.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

As far as I know, those hydras are part of the event, and from what I've observed also are the main obstacle that requires people to actually react to the situation rather than just attack anything without much thought. Most of the dredge are too weak to do serious damage to the drills (unless there are no defenders at all), so the hydras are the main threat that needs to be dealt with.

Ah okay.  I thought it might be that other hydra event that spawns in the area.

• Confused 1