Untamed Visual improvements.

anduriell.6280

Just wondering what kind of effect would look acceptable when the untamed gets the goo on. 

I was going to suggest to remove the green from the texture Anet use over the character so only the vines are visible but after checking the teaser it looks very bad anyway. 

Example: 

https://i.imgur.com/SOohVSo.png

So to artsy readers, What kind of effect would be nice while at the same time would be clear enough so the enemies know easily if you got the goo or not? Same goes for the pests. 

The solution to keep it only for 3s and then disappear is fine, but that doesn't give any clue to the enemy with we got the goo on or not. It makes a lot of difference if you do because of ambushes and other effects (in traits and hammer). 

I would suspect people whining in pvp subforums because they can not handle that. So first:

Do you think is a good idea to have visual clues for this mechanic? 

If so which one would look good enough?  

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Do you think is a good idea to have visual clues for this mechanic? 

I feel like that effect is not that powerful to cause someone to lose just because there was no visual sign, but it doesn't hurt to have one.

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

If so which one would look good enough?  

Personally I think a good ol' ground effect under the character after the 2nd beta animation would work the best. It's easy on the eyes, visible before engaging and doesn't annoy fashion players (as much as possible at least).

Similiar texture as in the ss + some green haze on the ground is enough to make it.

• Like 2