punishing support classes with aweful loot

On 1/19/2022 at 5:55 AM, RainerZufall.8306 said:

what is this loot system? why are supporters punished that hard, getting no more than half the loot as playing a dmg class? i really wonder why people continue playing support classes

I whole-heartedly agree that support classes are punished. A few select guildmates claim that they earn nearly as many bags on support as on dps, but for me and most of my support-class squad mates, we earn about half. It's so infuriating that the dps players brag about their bags, then in the same breath they say how little value the bags are. Well, over time, those bags add up, and they're valuable to me since I'm still working on Legendary armour, weapons, runes & sigils. 

All this said, tho, the bigger issue for me is that WvW rewards [read: gold] are pathetic compared to PvP rewards. Choosable tracks are similar, altho I'm not familiar with the time commitment difference, but the pip rewards in WvW are paltry compared to Pvp. I'm not in it <just> for the rewards, but why such disparity between game modes? 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, She Ra.8315 said:

I whole-heartedly agree that support classes are punished. A few select guildmates claim that they earn nearly as many bags on support as on dps, but for me and most of my support-class squad mates, we earn about half. It's so infuriating that the dps players brag about their bags, then in the same breath they say how little value the bags are. Well, over time, those bags add up, and they're valuable to me since I'm still working on Legendary armour, weapons, runes & sigils. 

All this said, tho, the bigger issue for me is that WvW rewards [read: gold] are pathetic compared to PvP rewards. Choosable tracks are similar, altho I'm not familiar with the time commitment difference, but the pip rewards in WvW are paltry compared to Pvp. I'm not in it <just> for the rewards, but why such disparity between game modes? 

Ok over time bags indeed add up, so what about roamers not getting anywhere nears as many bags as even the worst zerg support scenario?

Please dont answer "you made a choice playing that way", the irony would make me laugh too hard.

• Like 1

Just tag enough people - then you will also get more loot. The key is to bring the appropriate damaging weapons. As engineer I often liked the piercing rifle with long range - easy to tag a lot. I can imagin that "support" that needs to be close to the main zerg/action (to provide boons) could just use some melee AoE skills or something like that.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 9:12 AM, Abjurer.9302 said:

If you get max loot in a combined tank and healer build why would the average player want to take personal risk to play DPS?  They could play Minstrals so that they can stay in the fight longer and get more rewards.  The pendulum might swing too far the other way and make fights more stale.

It is also altruistic when a DPS player sacrifices personal survivability to generate downs for their team.

I don't even know how to catalogue this answer. In most if not all games rewards are similar between tanks, healers and dps, and yet tanks and healers are scarce (even with 5 ppl party comp with 3 dps), and games sometimes give extra rewards to tanks and healers to make people play them more.

Stop crying because people that their real will is to help and they have been taking less rewards for that for a loooong time ask for similar rewards, because it only shows you are egoistical to an incredible level.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 1:00 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

loot is given base on what your skills hit and where it lands instead of who you tag, 
therefore by healing/supporting your squad, without tagging an enemy 
when ever you see numbers popping up on your screen you get loot base on those in relation to how many target it hits/heals/support. 

As a Scrapper doing support I most often run around with a Medkit in order to do my job. A medkit has no damaging abilities at all. Unless I switch kits I'm unable to tag anything, if I switch kits my ability to support is either negated completely or severely limited. My place is also in the back since Medkit abilities usually only affect those in front of you. Even if I use a Shredder Gyro it's questionable if it can even reach anyone to tag them

On 7/16/2022 at 11:55 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

Just tag enough people - then you will also get more loot. The key is to bring the appropriate damaging weapons. As engineer I often liked the piercing rifle with long range - easy to tag a lot. I can imagin that "support" that needs to be close to the main zerg/action (to provide boons) could just use some melee AoE skills or something like that.

This is a Medkit (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Med_Kit) it's literally designed to give support to thse in front of you and have no damaging abilities, at all. Scrappers need to use this in order to function as full support. For their main weapon a Scrapper will most often use a hammer since it has an AoE stun. That also has a 20 second CD. Mass tagging is simply never an option as a Scrapper if you want to do full support. Scappers always kitten themselves in this role compared to everyone else when it comes to spoils.