It's pretty sad

Grand Marshal.4098

Remove the healing from MMR. Increase the endurance gain from 2 to 3. Might now grants 0.5% crit chance per stack.

Mending Might then has its base healing increased by 50% in all game modes (so it becomes 75 base instead of 50 in competitive modes).

Increase Adrenal Health's healing by 10%. Increase the active healing from Healing Signet by 20% and it's passive healing by 10%.

Strength is normalized to Endurance, Might generation, and Offense with the healing aspect removed and then bolstered into other traitlines where it belongs.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

It Might work!

I do like that idea. While having the power/damage on rolling and the endurance on Burst are nice, I honestly only take Strength for MMR. If the regen was put into other traitlines I would probably go with Disc/Def/X more than anything.

Yeah, the real problem is that Str, Def, and Tactics are all sustain lines with some measure of DPS involved (less so wit Def, but it is still there).

They honestly should remove the healing from MMR at this point and increase the healing on other sources like MM, Healing Signet, and Adrenal Health. In its place an at most 12.5% increase in critical hit chance is no big deal. Not like I'm suggesting extra crit chance +250 ferocity or even an extra 20% crit chance.

Or this...
Or this...

17 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

I love the healing on mmr..  I wouldn't want it removed.  Other sources of warrior sustain shouldn't be nerfed due to mmr though..  you are giving up a grandmaster trait that adds a lot of damage in order to run it.

You're not wrong. I to like the healing on MMR, but apparently MMR along with our other sustain was too much for the neckbeard basement dwellers to handle and they QQ'd and got them all nerfed.

That and we really should have 3 sustain lines in core. Strength should be focused on endurance and damage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:35 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Remove the healing from MMR. Increase the endurance gain from 2 to 3. Might now grants 0.5% crit chance per stack.

Mending Might then has its base healing increased by 50% in all game modes (so it becomes 75 base instead of 50 in competitive modes).

Increase Adrenal Health's healing by 10%. Increase the active healing from Healing Signet by 20% and it's passive healing by 10%.

Strength is normalized to Endurance, Might generation, and Offense with the healing aspect removed and then bolstered into other traitlines where it belongs.

Yes except no more endurance on MMR.

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Fair. I'd make the increased critical hit chance be 1% per stack of might then though.

Why does the best in slot trait need a buff? Simply removing the healing from it won't make people all-of-a-sudden think "ya  know, endurance regen really ISN'T useful in sPvP!" Also, adding crit chance to the trait would kind  of  step on Berserker's Power since that's the damage trait. Edit: Oops this is not the sPvP subforum anymore even though I think you post there a lot.

Edited by Ovark.2514

2 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Why does the best in slot trait need a buff? Simply removing the healing from it won't make people all-of-a-sudden think "ya  know, endurance regen really ISN'T useful in sPvP!" Also, adding crit chance to the trait would kind  of  step on Berserker's Power since that's the damage trait.

Its BIS because of the healing along with the endurance, not just the endurance.

BP and MH are both damage traits, MH is just more specialized. This makes MMR the odd ball out as it isn't a damage trait. Putting some Crit into MMR instead of healing gives you the option of choosing how to shore up your warrior.

BP: More DPS

MMR: More crits and more dodges

MH: Hammer CD reduction, more hammer damage, and BIS adrenaline gain.

If MMR is just reduced to endurance gain then it is more of a minor trait than a GM trait. To keep it a GM trait you'd have to replace the Healing with something else. 0.5% to 1% crit chance increase per stack of might along with 2-3 endurance gain per might would be on par with a GM trait.

Now if MMR does lose the healing and is just endurance gain, then merge it into pinnacle of strength. If they did that then you could put something a bit more utilitarian in MMR's place. I'd suggested Swiftness on movement skill use in the past, but then Anet took that idea and put it into Bladesworn. So instead what could go there is something like:

Swift Momentum: Gain Swiftness (5s) when you gain Stability. Swiftness is more effective on you (+50% move speed instead of +33% move speed). 5s ICD.

Synergizes with Brave Stride, and frees up some of the reliance on Discipline.

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Its BIS because of the healing along with the endurance, not just the endurance.

BP and MH are both damage traits, MH is just more specialized. This makes MMR the odd ball out as it isn't a damage trait. Putting some Crit into MMR instead of healing gives you the option of choosing how to shore up your warrior.

BP: More DPS

MMR: More crits and more dodges

MH: Hammer CD reduction, more hammer damage, and BIS adrenaline gain.

If MMR is just reduced to endurance gain then it is more of a minor trait than a GM trait. To keep it a GM trait you'd have to replace the Healing with something else. 0.5% to 1% crit chance increase per stack of might along with 2-3 endurance gain per might would be on par with a GM trait.

Now if MMR does lose the healing and is just endurance gain, then merge it into pinnacle of strength. If they did that then you could put something a bit more utilitarian in MMR's place. I'd suggested Swiftness on movement skill use in the past, but then Anet took that idea and put it into Bladesworn. So instead what could go there is something like:

Swift Momentum: Gain Swiftness (5s) when you gain Stability. Swiftness is more effective on you (+50% move speed instead of +33% move speed). 5s ICD.

Synergizes with Brave Stride, and frees up some of the reliance on Discipline.

Seeing how passionate you are about this is both encouraging and depressing. The depressing part is that we have played, thought about the design/balance for, and understand the warrior better than the devs ever will, and yet I have never seen a forumite actually get responded to by a dev. We don't have the slightest clue whether these post are seen by anyone with the power or inclination to act on them, let alone that the suggestions themselves are even within the design parameters that anet has internally decided upon. I have devoted an immense amount of time thinking about solutions to the issues with the combat as a whole and with regard to various classes. This information has been shared to the sound of silence. The only thing that I have ever suggested which the devs have acted upon was the removal of damage from CC skills; and even that I can't be sure had anything to do with my post(s). I'm discouraged from posting actual solutions and feedback short of low-effort "this is a problem. Fix it somehow" posts anymore these days. I'm glad there are those few players that are still supplying feedback in a way that takes into consideration the game as a whole instead of: My class feels weak, please buff! If anet ever decides to start communicating on some of the individual class subforums or the sPvP subforum instead of fluff posts on the subreddit I'll return to actually giving detailed, hopefully-insightful posts. 

2 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Seeing how passionate you are about this is both encouraging and depressing. The depressing part is that we have played, thought about the design/balance for, and understand the warrior better than the devs ever will, and yet I have never seen a forumite actually get responded to by a dev. We don't have the slightest clue whether these post are seen by anyone with the power or inclination to act on them, let alone that the suggestions themselves are even within the design parameters that anet has internally decided upon. I have devoted an immense amount of time thinking about solutions to the issues with the combat as a whole and with regard to various classes. This information has been shared to the sound of silence. The only thing that I have ever suggested which the devs have acted upon was the removal of damage from CC skills; and even that I can't be sure had anything to do with my post(s). I'm discouraged from posting actual solutions and feedback short of low-effort "this is a problem. Fix it somehow" posts anymore these days. I'm glad there are those few players that are still supplying feedback in a way that takes into consideration the game as a whole instead of: My class feels weak, please buff! If anet ever decides to start communicating on some of the individual class subforums or the sPvP subforum instead of fluff posts on the subreddit I'll return to actually giving detailed, hopefully-insightful posts. 

Fool. A warrior does not get discouraged. Warrior presses on as the relentless, unyielding, unstoppable force warrior is. They can nerf warrior time and time again. It matters not. So hear me fellow warriors! For every nerf they levy upon warrior, warrior must, nay, is obligated to rise to even greater heights. 
Remember, warrior does not feel discouragement, warrior feels anger. Exact warrior’s wrath on enemies until they call for more nerfs to warrior, not realizing that the needs only fuel Warrior to ascend to places the cowardly other classes can never reach with reliance on their silly gimmicks. 
Warrior never dies!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:35 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This would make warrior god-tier... no thanks.

• Haha 5