Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

Who else is hoping they do the Roller Beetle some justice in Cantha? As it stands, it feels like there's so much they planned to do with the races  and just didn't get around to (useless polling NPC's for example). Beetle Racing is probably my second favorite thing next to PvP, so idk, maybe I'm biased, but I think Cantha, being the home of the Beetle (Canthan New Year event specifically, Nightfall Beetles predate this by about a year) should have some great tracks, right???

 

Or just more in general. 

 

I want more races Anet, more prizes, more achievements.

 

That is all.

 

Anyone else feeling the same?

Edited by Seonwu.2178
fixed misleading info ;3
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I have no objection to seeing more. The races were fun despite popularity fizzling out almost immediately. 

I would be extremely surprised to see beetle content in the expansion though.

Yea I'm 50/50 on whether or not we'll actually see any more Beetle content, but crossing my fingers since Beetle is from Cantha. It'd be a waste not to use it.... And they clearly haven't given up on mounts with the Siege Turtle being a thing, so here's hoping? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mad respect for those who fly the Griffon professionally. The videos from these griffin riding guilds are so great to watch! I personally could never be that great on Griffon, but more of these courses would be great too. Mount races in general are something special man

 

 

Edited by Seonwu.2178
edited bc I don't think people were realizing I was talking about Griffon specific guilds haha
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't care, since unfortunately anything related to the roller beetle is content I'll never be able to do anyway. Riding on that mount gives me a bad case of motion sickness super fast. Even just doing one of the race courses would lead to me having to lie down feeling sick and with a splitting headache for a couple of hours, so I quickly shelved my beetle for good.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So you are saying gorric poped over to cantha to bring us a beetle in season 4?

No... how did you come to that conclusion? The Beetle has been around in Tyria since GW1, where it was introduced in Cantha.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be fun if there were more races, not just for Beetles and Griffons, but all mounts.  I really enjoyed the racing that was available, but once you get them down there is little reason to continue running them.

I would like to see them add weekly or monthly races where all players can compete.  Provide something nominal and small for top placing racers, alongside the bragging rights for that race week, but give everyone some participation for competing.

I have no idea what they will add in Cantha for mount activities, usually I would suggest we would see little to nothing new, just to have the right expectation.  But as they have already said some PoF mounts will be made available to train in Cantha, perhaps they will add new training races for those and other mounts.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

I honestly don't care, since unfortunately anything related to the roller beetle is content I'll never be able to do anyway. Riding on that mount gives me a bad case of motion sickness super fast. Even just doing one of the race courses would lead to me having to lie down feeling sick and with a splitting headache for a couple of hours, so I quickly shelved my beetle for good.

 Ik that struggle as I get bad motion sickness from any first person games. I'm sorry you can't enjoy the zoom, but its totally understandable 😞 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I think it would be fun if there were more races, not just for Beetles and Griffons, but all mounts.  I really enjoyed the racing that was available, but once you get them down there is little reason to continue running them.

I would like to see them add weekly or monthly races where all players can compete.  Provide something nominal and small for top placing racers, alongside the bragging rights for that race week, but give everyone some participation for competing.

I have no idea what they will add in Cantha for mount activities, usually I would suggest we would see little to nothing new, just to have the right expectation.  But as they have already said some PoF mounts will be made available to train in Cantha, perhaps they will add new training races for those and other mounts.

Agreed, I'd have stopped with the game's pre-made Beetle races if not for farming my own track pieces, and other than that, the rewards are pretty lackluster. The goggles and scarf you get from achievements are great, but after that, there's no incentive for sure. The community already hosts races like this on custom made tracks, surely its something Anet can also do.  Only time will tell though

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Seonwu.2178 said:

No... how did you come to that conclusion? The Beetle has been around in Tyria since GW1, where it was introduced in Cantha.

Maybe this line in your Op

maybe I'm biased, but I think Cantha, being the home of the Beetle should have some great tracks, right???

If it is the home of our beetle then Gorric must have gone over there to get it.

Edit

Maybe I should have read the entiery of this second post but yea never played gw1 other then the first box so dident know about that connection.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seonwu.2178 said:

Yea I'm 50/50 on whether or not we'll actually see any more Beetle content, but crossing my fingers since Beetle is from Cantha. It'd be a waste not to use it.... And they clearly haven't given up on mounts with the Siege Turtle being a thing, so here's hoping? 

The main issue is that an expac assumes having a full mount and masteries from one of the Seasons. Only the skyscale seems to get such preferential treatment and that’s probably because it is so widely used.

Def would be nice - I’d like to see more incentives even for the existing tracks, but it feels like abandoned content at this point

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The main issue is that an expac assumes having a full mount and masteries from one of the Seasons.

Just like previous masteries, I wish they would continue to support all the mounts in future content. This can take the shape of things that are not necessary but are rewarding. No one who doesn't have prior content should be able to complain they can't do EoD's story or metas without earlier mounts or masteries, but they should be able to see them being used and think, "Hey, maybe I should buy that chapter or expansion so I can do that, too".

Meanwhile eveyrone who has gotten the past content is thinking, "Hey, so great I can still use this thing I spent time on back in season X".

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Maybe this line in your Op

maybe I'm biased, but I think Cantha, being the home of the Beetle should have some great tracks, right???

If it is the home of our beetle then Gorric must have gone over there to get it.

Edit

Maybe I should have read the entiery of this second post but yea never played gw1 other then the first box so dident know about that connection.

It's no biggie man 🙂

 

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The main issue is that an expac assumes having a full mount and masteries from one of the Seasons. Only the skyscale seems to get such preferential treatment and that’s probably because it is so widely used.

Def would be nice - I’d like to see more incentives even for the existing tracks, but it feels like abandoned content at this point

That it does, and it is big sadge 😞 I just wanna zoom zoom into some loot loot

Link to post
Share on other sites

On one hand, roller beetle racing began in Cantha back in Guild Wars 1.  On the other hand, you can't get a roller beetle in Cantha, though I suppose they could rent them for races like they do everywhere else.

I find the best thing about roller beetles is getting around the world not fixed races anyway. I'd be happy either way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I think it would be fun if there were more races, not just for Beetles and Griffons, but all mounts.  I really enjoyed the racing that was available, but once you get them down there is little reason to continue running them.

I would like to see them add weekly or monthly races where all players can compete.  Provide something nominal and small for top placing racers, alongside the bragging rights for that race week, but give everyone some participation for competing.

I have no idea what they will add in Cantha for mount activities, usually I would suggest we would see little to nothing new, just to have the right expectation.  But as they have already said some PoF mounts will be made available to train in Cantha, perhaps they will add new training races for those and other mounts.

Raptor racing is fun too but the problem is, if it is a land race, everyone will switch to Beetle or Griffon for much faster speed. For example, the race track in Crystal Oasis. Any decent Beetle racer will beat the best Raptor racer there by a mile or even two. If only ANet creates more mount specific race courses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

Raptor racing is fun too but the problem is, if it is a land race, everyone will switch to Beetle or Griffon for much faster speed. For example, the race track in Crystal Oasis. Any decent Beetle racer will beat the best Raptor racer there by a mile or even two. If only ANet creates more mount specific race courses.

While I have enjoyed learning to use the Beetle on Raptor courses, I agree that it should be mount specific.  I would think that making the courses line up with the mount abilities would be the best.  For instance, a vertical race for Springers, a race including Sand Portal for Jackals, a 'long jump' race for Raptors (maybe over a series of floating pads) and so on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seonwu.2178 said:

Ah, I see. That's part of a festival that was introduced in 2007, the rolling beetles of Nightfall and Elona predate it, which is why I was confused by the claim that Cantha is their point of origin.

In any case, sure, add more beeb races with EoD. I hate the way the beetle handles, but being that nostalgia is ArenaNet's angle in the marketing, it'd make sense to have some GW1-relevant content for it. The event you linked is a strong supporting reason to have such a thing over in Cantha. The beetle's water-skipping ability would probably pair well with courses that path across waterways, and I assume we'll be getting a few of those what with skiffs and all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seonwu.2178 said:

Here's what you're looking for :3

Just a quick correction; Roller Beetle Racing was introduced in Canthan New Year 2007, while Nightfall, which introduced Roller Beetles to the Guild Wars world, was released on October 27th, 2006.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rain_Beetle

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rock_Beetle

 

Edit: Ninja'd by @AgentMoore.9453 😄

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Ninja!
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Seonwu.2178 said:

Who else is hoping they do the Roller Beetle some justice in Cantha? As it stands, it feels like there's so much they planned to do with the races  and just didn't get around to (useless polling NPC's for example). Beetle Racing is probably my second favorite thing next to PvP, so idk, maybe I'm biased, but I think Cantha, being the home of the Beetle should have some great tracks, right???

 

Or just more in general. 

 

I want more races Anet, more prizes, more achievements.

 

That is all.

 

Anyone else feeling the same?

I'd like this, I enjoy the Roller Beetle races a great deal myself, both the "pvp" races and the single racer challenges.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...