I got this in an email today...

Xenesis.6389

54 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I know. I didn't want to rub it in.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I too got bladesworn in the email. I did goof around a bit with it, but not in WvW, so the theory that only PvE counts in the statistics might be true.

6 hours ago, Leo.3428 said:

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I too got bladesworn in the email. I did goof around a bit with it, but not in WvW, so the theory that only PvE counts in the statistics might be true.

Didn't everybody already know that WvW isn't where players stay to play their faishon games, but in Lion's Arch? If you had a character just passed by in LA, you surely have had time to make a stop to shown off some new moves, haven't you? 😉

Don't forget how Siege Turtle now are going to change the world into a better place where no GW2 player will be fighting about who will be the first one taking the stearing wheel or who gets creditted for a shot with canons from this mount? My guess we soon will see players pay a fee to get into a back seat for their achievements with canons, so we will have Uber cab drivers in this game too. 😱
I can already hear the coins ticking in here from all those players...🤣

**Don't forget to pay me for being the one who have IP on this "discovery" or my Angry Chest will eat me for dinner tonight!***

In Cantha the green grass is ALWAYS greener then you friendly frog jumping Verdant Brink Jungle where you get everything served with the motto "The Jungle Provides".

Well now we by know that Cantha at least will provide us (new players) with mounts and gliding out of the box, so no worries nOObs! You will feel at home as long you don't dare to go into the "old" content of Frog Jumping Stealthy assassin in Verdant Brink or the hot Desert with all those sneaking snakes which you can just ignore if you have Skyscale, Griffon or a superspeedy Betlee to get to your destination (*).

____
(*) Haven't heard anybody talking about how this will work out for new players that haven't unlocked any mounts in PoF or LW season 4 (for Skyscale and Crystal Champion which adds mount skills for all mounts).  Neither Gliding which is HoT Mastery or mount which is too large part PoF Mastery (some part is IBS Mastery and some other from Crystal Chamption line). If this isn't made clear for new player that will enter EoD and have neither unlocked from before that they will have to work on those when they get outside of EoD, then it can get messy to explain how things work outside of EoD content.

• Confused 1

On 1/22/2022 at 2:56 AM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Didn't everybody already know that WvW isn't where players stay to play their faishon games, but in Lion's Arch? If you had a character just passed by in LA, you surely have had time to make a stop to shown off some new moves, haven't you? 😉

Not quite. On the first espec beta I took my toons to the Mists. I especially tried hard to make Billy the willbender do the martial arts things from the trailer. On the following betas I merely rampaged a bit outside of LA without tweaking the builds for a quick preview. Hence my surprise, as many, that the email trumpeted bladesworn as my big time thing.

I did try the flying tortoise, also made it a sinking turtle. It would have been fun to have it in WvW along with oliphants and AT-AT walkers. We might get thermo-jade bombs though, to blast Stonemist Castle and rebuild it from the ground with a new design?

On 1/19/2022 at 5:29 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Shows my most played class for the class betas was the bladesworn.... which I'm pretty sure was my second least played one ahead of maybe catalyst(lol), and harbinger and specter and even virtuoso(the classes I was actually more interested in) got more play time from me. Unless I went afk on it for a long while on it, which I don't remember...

So now I'm left wondering how well they are tracking play times, especially for wvw... 🤔

Class Beta stats

i kinda think mine were off too. i played mostly harbinger, the guard and the rev specs i think. on both of my accounts it mentions the - very likely - not most played specs instead of that. then again, maybe counted afk time in and we been afk or in queues for longer with certain elite specs... no clue lel