Flamethrower engi?

Zinzon.4081

nb4 "this is just a noob stomper build"

In all seriousness though, this kind of build shouldn't exist. Regardless of how "good" it is. If they do exist, it shouldn't be good in any way. Any kind of "ADC" build is not really suited for GW2 sPvP and that's more or less what this build is. For one, there is no skill involved in landing flamethrower autos, not to mention they're AoE. The other issue with this kind of build is that games where you have an "auto-attack" based class, they have a ramp up time before they're actually good. Late game they may just chew through people like a Gatling gun but in early-mid game they are low impact. That's what makes them balanced. Not so in GW2, you come out the gate blastin'

This build is just good enough to be a pain in the kitten. Sure, higher tier play it'll get rolled but in your average matches it gets too much value for the zero effort it takes to play. As someone who personally doesn't have trouble fighting this build, I absolutely HATE having to do so and can see why people have trouble it with. #deleteflameengi

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Anet wants to get rid of passivity in builds (ie. The two 5min cooldowns on warrior's defensive traitline) and nerf auto attacks but allow a build like this to exist. An auto-attacking high dps that benefits from passive might and stab consistently. Anet is never consistent with things sadly. 

• Like 12

The build/playstyle is just one of the few that anet seems to promote that have literally turned this games pvp into a joke, population in pvp is pathetic and that's with a expansion so close on the horizon. But that said if ur playing gw2 for pvp u should probably move on to a different game cuz regardless of the potential gw2 pvp had its certainly not reaching close to it with these devs lol, there are far better mmo's to play for pvp and far better mmos for pve so it's not really surprising the state of this game. If gw2 wasn't so cost or casual friendly it have been shut down long ago.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 5

I think the real problem is Juggernaut giving pulsing stability. Flame thrower damage is very good, but the range is low so they have to stay on top of you to land it. That would be easily punishable were it not for pulsing stab. Let the trait give might and fury or something, just not stab. That way, you could still run some sort of meme damage build (esp in PvE) at the expense of being punished hardcore if someone has a CC off CD.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GhandiBot.6257 said:

Anet wants to get rid of passivity in builds (ie. The two 5min cooldowns on warrior's defensive traitline) and nerf auto attacks but allow a build like this to exist. An auto-attacking high dps that benefits from passive might and stab consistently. Anet is never consistent with things sadly. 

The only builds that ever get nerfed down to uselessness  in this game belong to warrior, mesmer and ele...no dev plays them...so easy targets for nerfs during "balance" talks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Flamethrower auto has been buff over the years a number of times. but since retaliation was a thing, it didn't see much play. An engineer could self destruct pretty easily when a guardian was around. Now that it is gone, flamethrower can go brrrrr.  Especially with no pve/pvp split.

Personally I love FT since the beginning, sometimes you want un-apologetic spammy damage.  Although its currently its really safe damage, i do see a nerf coming in the future, but personally i think damage nerfs are boring and imo doesn't make the game any better. 

I think i form of retal needs to come back to help counter alot of those mult hit skills, because i don't think Ft is the main issue here. It doesn't have to be what it was before where guardians blinked, and whole party got retal. But retal did help curb spammy multi hit damage.

Edited by BobbyT.7192

FT scrapper engie is beginning to be annoying to a lot of folks and rightfully so. 

HIT THEM WITH RANGED OR bombard them with ranged condis. They have crap cleansing unless they have elixir gun (which will give them access to cleanse but not as good w/ dps)

I usually counter these with crenegade, thief, ranger and holosmith. And if they're stupid, burn guard.

Edited by greedywholesome.9081

FT is dumb. It's also fun. Especially when you are not focused at all, you can wipe a teamfight so fast, just by pressing 1 ONCE than watch the autoattack chain itself and big fat numbers covering the screen.

There is no way to win a duel vs any half-decent player with it though, which makes it perfectly fine in my eyes. Corrupt its stability for memes, keep your distance and picket it to death, just straight up burst it down... or simply pressure it by focusinging it first in teamfights. If you can't do any of the above, you're bad or caught offguard(or both), and deserve to die to the 1-1-1-1-1.

The best part of the build is when the enemy starts malding. Bellissimo!

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I think the real problem is Juggernaut giving pulsing stability. Flame thrower damage is very good, but the range is low so they have to stay on top of you to land it. That would be easily punishable were it not for pulsing stab. Let the trait give might and fury or something, just not stab. That way, you could still run some sort of meme damage build (esp in PvE) at the expense of being punished hardcore if someone has a CC off CD.

Worth noting that Juggernaut has been around a long time, but the build was never oppressive, or even particularly playable until recently.

I think the combo of good easy aoe damage + automatic boons + automatic defense (barrier) + automatic stab = a little too braindead for a GW2 build.

If I could change anything, it would be the barrier.. If being in a kit prevented scrapper's barrier trait from working, then FT engis would have to choose between damage and defense, rather than doing everything at once.

12 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

While we are talking about engi, why are the the only profession with excess amounts of superspeed and high quickness uptime

because its their " thing "
like thiefs thing is mobility and stealth
or necromancers and guard having loads of aoe
or revenant being played by the bet and the best tend to win

5 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

because its their " thing "
like thiefs thing is mobility and stealth
or necromancers and guard having loads of aoe
or revenant being played by the bet and the best tend to win

I dont think giving a profession the best mobility option in the game and the best dps increase option in the game is all that healthy. They have a heal with 7s of superspeed. They get too much value for little cost and its also abused on flamethrower builds.

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I dont think giving a profession the best mobility option in the game and the best dps increase option in the game is all that healthy. They have a heal with 7s of superspeed. They get too much value for little cost and its also abused on flamethrower builds.

and yet despite having " the best " mobility options, thiefs are faster.
and despite having " the best " dps options I can make other class that will make holo/scrapper damage look puny

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 1/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I know right. Remember all the QQ and resulting pulsing stab nerf to Berserker Enternal Champion GM trait LOL

• Like 2