Vision Collection Feedback

Svarty.8019

4 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I am just finishing Vision, just got the precursor and I had no issue with any event.  Vision in general seemed quite easy to me and non grindy (minus the Istan stuff but you can just buy the powdered quartz and ore you can get now with IBS), maybe because I really like LS4 maps and played them a lot. Maybe Thunderhead is a bit less populated but on the other hand I had the least ahievs on that map and had no issue getting all the stuff for Vision. 

I was in Jahai last daily and the map was full of tags doing various stuff.

Aurora seems a bit more annoying. Especially with some items that are rng drops from metas. Met some people that hadn't got the drop in several events (like the item from Jade Constructs in Bloodstone Fen, I got it on first try though).

Now there are Peoples who can't play in primetime. Due Daytime i see not that much peoples on the maps outside of World Bosses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I don't think the OP's looking for advice on how to do the various achievements, more that they're lamenting the quality of the so-called "content".

None of these collections are a pleasant experience, and ANet have a nasty habit of making you endlessly repeat something that grows tiresome after even one repetition.

It's "lowest possible effort" development, and a way to artificially extend player engagement (and therefore exposure to monetisation systems), without delivering anything actually new.

Don't get me wrong, the above comes across as overly negative, but I'll grudgingly accept that ANet have to find some way of making sure players continue to log in on a daily basis in order to increase potential revenue so that they can keep paying wages.

But that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a miserable experience that barely qualifies as actual gameplay.

You'll see a lot of people who have already done it defending the choice, as it's difficult for people to admit they've spent their time (and possibly money) doing something unfulfilling and vacuous.

And this is the same for anything that requires a grind. It's a variant of Stockholm Syndrome and confirmation bias.

This is a fair argument. 

It's "lowest possible effort" development

It's not an issue if the event/chain/quest/thingie in question is of high quality - which, imho, most of the content in the game is. Fully agreed on i.e. (most) node gathering and so on.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Aurora seems a bit more annoying. Especially with some items that are rng drops from metas. Met some people that hadn't got the drop in several events (like the item from Jade Constructs in Bloodstone Fen, I got it on first try though).

Jade Constructs took me about six tries!

• Haha 1

The biggest problem I have found in completing the Vision collection is the fishing event in Sandswept Isles. The only times it spawns are after a meta completion or creation of a new map. 

People very rarely do the meta and the map rarely expires. Today nobody did it. I had no chance to do the event despite waiting in map for hours. I have been working on this one for the past week and have only gotten one chance at the fishing event. Since it has a unique mechanic of course I failed.

This event needs to spawn a lot more often so I can learn how to beat it.

Put it on a timer like the Specimen Chamber and give us a chance to master it.

Edited by Glass Hand.7306
  • Confused 1

On 1/20/2022 at 9:35 AM, Svarty.8019 said:

I quite enjoyed doing many of the various weapon collections, and the ones for Aurora (excepting that godawful Draconis Mons timegate).

The collections for Vision, on the other hand, are bloody diabolical.

The time gate in Istan was a pain in the butt, as was the Rose Quartz accumulation.

Forcing players to complete map Mastery for Jahai Bluffs is lazy and prohibitive.

I didn't get further than that but it's already harder than all the other collections put together.

Overall, I'd have to say that this particular collection is a miserable and disappointing experience. I may be surprised, but I am anything but delighted. A pox on those responsible for it! 

All collections are miserable and disappointing.. its in their nature to be that way.

I never bothered doing Vision.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 4

• 1 month later...

The part that caught me off guard is the Dragonsblood and Astral Weapons. I looked at the currency requirement for those and noped out fast. I don't even want the weapon skins, so I'd be spending a huge amount of time farming obscure time-gated currencies in half dead maps and spending gold on mats to make weapon skins I don't want to complete 2 objectives out of numerous and that's on top of the gold sink cost of Memory Essence Encapsulators, the banner of the commander (which I also don't want), etc.

It's just silly. Comparatively, apart from The Wayfarer's Henge that so many exclaim about being free of when they finally finish it (indicating how unpopular that collection is), Aurora collection has been a breeze. It's still a lot, but much more doable for me.

Also, one criticism I have of these type of collections in general that make you get items you don't want to get stuff you do want, is like... I now have negative desire to revisit any season 3 map after this and once I finish Wayfarer's Henge, will have pretty much every reward I'd want from them. This might seem fine if someone does things in order and is a completionist, but for someone like me who wanted Aurora and was not interested in being a completionist about season 3 at the time, I had to be to do it. So the end result is, that is now content that I can't go back and be a completionist about because I already had to be to get to Aurora. I don't know how clearly I'm explaining that, but basically, I had to burn through content that could have kept me in the game longer down the road to get to something I wanted because that content was purposefully in the way in great detail. So now I don't have that in the future as a backup for if I get bored with other elements of the game and I didn't even really enjoy it because I was focused on just getting through it for the collection.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2022 at 1:48 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I don't think the OP's looking for advice on how to do the various achievements, more that they're lamenting the quality of the so-called "content".

None of these collections are a pleasant experience, and ANet have a nasty habit of making you endlessly repeat something that grows tiresome after even one repetition.

It's "lowest possible effort" development, and a way to artificially extend player engagement (and therefore exposure to monetisation systems), without delivering anything actually new.

Don't get me wrong, the above comes across as overly negative, but I'll grudgingly accept that ANet have to find some way of making sure players continue to log in on a daily basis in order to increase potential revenue so that they can keep paying wages.

But that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a miserable experience that barely qualifies as actual gameplay.

You'll see a lot of people who have already done it defending the choice, as it's difficult for people to admit they've spent their time (and possibly money) doing something unfulfilling and vacuous.

And this is the same for anything that requires a grind. It's a variant of Stockholm Syndrome and confirmation bias.

It sure would be nice if they could somehow manage to create endlessly enjoyable content that never feels like a grind.  When you find that game, be sure to let the rest of us know about it, huh?  In the mean time, I think you're going to enjoy some collections more than others, which is all the OP is really saying here.  I think you'll find that there isn't universal agreement that Vison is the worst collection.  Is that "Stockholm Syndrome"?  Or just personal preference?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1