• war
    • rev
    • rang
    • engi
    • teef
    • necro
    • mes
    • ele

They're all about even tbh. Even the "complicated" professions are pretty one dimensional once you figure them out. Despite the ability to build every professions many ways, each just boils down to a pretty narrow way to play. Skills/passives are so intertwined in most professions it really limits your options.

Warrior may be mono-dimensional (and for that is weak), spellbreaker most definitely isn't. Playing spellbreaker properly requires good positioning, good reacting and good awareness; the class offers plenty of tools to do that, but if you fail to use them properly you're sent to spawn.

Guardian, on the other hand...

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Warrior may be mono-dimensional (and for that is weak), spellbreaker most definitely isn't. Playing spellbreaker properly requires good positioning, good reacting and good awareness; the class offers plenty of tools to do that, but if you fail to use them properly you're sent to spawn.

Guardian, on the other hand...

This is a good point. A poll like this can be misleading in that people may associate what is considered "one dimensional" to being easy or unfun. That's not at all the case. Warrior is rather straight forward compared to other professions but it still requires a lot of skill to play effectively, same with thief. On the other hand you can take something like weaver which has many more buttons than warrior but to me is a lot easier to play and get value out of. 

The simplicity of warrior is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. I usually gravitate towards more complicated classes in games (ADHD likes all the buttons). For GW2 at least it seems that the more buttons you have to press the less options you actually have. For something like weaver it more or less feels like I'm doing a PvE rotation when I play it. You occasionally switch things up. For warrior on the other hand I have some go-to combos but you have to crafty to land your damage. Things like retargeting, stowing, managing distance, swapping weapons properly, chaining CC and so on becomes very important. Then how you weave those things into actually skill usage. It can have deceivingly deep gameplay for PvP. 

I see one-dimensional as being "a class that can only play limited roles" and warrior has to be that. In raids and pve, you're almost exclusively a banner slave, in WvW zergs a bubble bot, and in PvP - well that's a sad story. Even if I can kite 2v1 for a while, I feel that every class can outdps me and I will always die to a class with less mechanics that is a lot more overpowered.  

Condi warrior is incredibly weak comparing to most classes that can play condi. Healbreaker is interesting, but again, most other heal builds outshine you. 

General playstyle for warrior is incredibly dull. You always have to have specific traits and skills equipped to be running a viable build. Signets are weak comparing to other classes'. And for all those reasons, even if it's my main, I find warrior to be the most one-dimensional.