Mouse/camera feels sluggish?

Hi all, not a bug because it's something I've always experienced when I come play this game, but it is frustrating to play with and I'd like to figure out if it's just me.

When I hold right mouse to turn camera etc, does anyone else find that it feels sluggish? Like it's almost tied to FPS? Except it's not because I'm getting 130+ FPS?

It's hard to explain but it does feel like the camera is running at 30 fps while my game is running at 100+ fps. When I come from other games I noticed it really badly, after a few days playing I start to not notice it as much but it's still there.

Edited by dinkleton.5193
  • Like 1

you might be experiencing inputlag. this can be a result of having V-Sync enabled... disable it and it should work! although you should feel the same sluggishness on your keyboard if its really inputlag. Maybe try and change some settings.. i think there is even a setting for mousesmoothing (aka. making it feel sluggish)

hope this helped.

Edit: to make it clear... does it feel like your camera is getting pulled shortly after you move the mouse? or does it feel like your fps drop to 30 when moving the mouse?

Edited by Sahne.6950

if its pulled slightly after it is 100% inputlag! 99% of the time its some SynC setting causing this... just switch some settings... should be an easy fix

have you checked the ingame settings? i think there is mousemoothing in the settings...

Edited by Sahne.6950

Alright so I think turning off GSync has helped a little bit. No mouse smoothing in the settings that I can see, only camera rotation speed. Playing around with that in addition to mouse sensitivity in my mouse driver is helping a bit.

I think one of the things that throws me sometimes is that the camera doesn't stop moving when you release right mouse, it's like it continues for several milliseconds after you release it - probably a design feature, but it's jarring for me.

19 minutes ago, dinkleton.5193 said:

Alright so I think turning off GSync has helped a little bit. No mouse smoothing in the settings that I can see, only camera rotation speed. Playing around with that in addition to mouse sensitivity in my mouse driver is helping a bit.

I think one of the things that throws me sometimes is that the camera doesn't stop moving when you release right mouse, it's like it continues for several milliseconds after you release it - probably a design feature, but it's jarring for me.

oh sorry then i must be mistaking this with another game... 

The rotation shortly after is normal i think...  but i rarely let go of R mousebutton. And if i let go off the button i make sure that i dont rotate while doing it... cuz the game thinks you try to throw the camera around with it... make sure you DONT MOVE the mouse when releasing the Button... should help a ton!   But for real normally you very rarely actually let go of the mousebutton.. maybe you have to rethink on how you are controlling your character as a whole...

In general incresing the mousespeed IN Guildwars will make it feel more snappy.. i turned it up all the way almost.

Edited by Sahne.6950

3 hours ago, dinkleton.5193 said:

Hi all, not a bug because it's something I've always experienced when I come play this game, but it is frustrating to play with and I'd like to figure out if it's just me.

When I hold right mouse to turn camera etc, does anyone else find that it feels sluggish? Like it's almost tied to FPS? Except it's not because I'm getting 130+ FPS?

It's hard to explain but it does feel like the camera is running at 30 fps while my game is running at 100+ fps. When I come from other games I noticed it really badly, after a few days playing I start to not notice it as much but it's still there.

Yes, that stuttering at fast camera turns has always been there and gotten even worse lately. It's gone when you switch to the DX11 beta, but unfortunately said beta still has too many bugs to be used permanently. Hope there will be an update soon.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, dinkleton.5193 said:

Vsync is definitely disabled, I do run a GSync monitor though @ 165hz.

It feels like the camera is getting pulled shortly after I move the mouse, yeah. No issues with FPS dips at all during movement.

I might try to disable GSync for this game only and see what happens.

I turned of Post processing as it is a global setting (meaning it have a large impact on several things in your visual direction of camera) which can make it feel like a slight delay when you rotate camera fast.

Name tags can also have an impact if it many players around, a lot of items (that you can interact with) and NPCs (friendly, hostile and neutral). All those name tags will need to be drawn (rendered) above the in game surface, so it adds up if you use all name tags at once. There is also a setting for when characters should be rendered (character model limit) which also control when name tag should become visual (even if you don't see character fully rendered until you are close enough).

How much RAM do you have on your video card (VRAM)? If you VRAM are too low it might be that the rest of your frame will be delayed and that is what you experience as the higher resolution, the more space it will need to display each frame before it can be sent to display. VRAM isn't your RAM that sit on your mainboard, but the RAM that is part of your discrete GPU (actually part of its PCB).

You can use this to see what video card you have and how much VRAM that is onboard: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

From the screen shot in link you can see this Nvidia RTX 3060 card have around 12 GB (12288 MB) RAM which is of type GDDR6.

Man, i had the same problem. I was being mad with this.

I tried almost everything that i could try in the past days, looking for a solution in old forums, reddit etc. The strangest thing about the situation is that it started a few days ago, and i couldn't figure out what the origin was.

The only thing that helped me was the Directx12 addon. If it didn't completely solve it, at least it reduced the problem a lot.

The bad part of this addon is that i can't make it work with any OSD software, like MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision. I'm getting mad (again).

Edited by Damacon.1906