I always thought its a hoax.. but yesterday i saw one! [Anet pls]

Sahne.6950

I always thought people are just mad when they called someone out to be a cheater. me myself got accused of using Damagehacks alot... so i thought people are just mad/bad and blame it on cheats.

But yesterday i experienced it myself! it was a powernecro, obviously VERY BAD at the game cuz even with blatant cheats he could not do anything against me and decided to teleport away.

The story:

I was just riding around on my warclaw minding my business when all of a sudden this necro appears right infront of me. i thought... hmm maybe lag nothing new kinda. i continued running... SUDDENLY he was infront of me again.... iwas like... huuuh? and again! he ported right on me and tried hitting me.... AGAIN a teleport... and again and again.... i thought... hmm maybe he is just really laggy.... but how can he keep up with my warclaw when he is on foot???? i then tried to cross the water east of Bay keep...  HE TELEPORTED OVER THE WATER AND WAITED FOR ME ON THE OTHER SIDE...   but i didnt commit and turned around after a few meters and just stood on my side..... HE THEN AGAIN TELEPORTED RIGHT ON ME. i noticed by his movement that he was infact a new player or just REALLY REALLY bad... he teleported around me, infornt of me, next to me.... and tried killing me but he couldnt manage....  when he noticed that he is actually dying instead of me.... HE OPENED MY INVENTORY AND BUILD EDITOR AND WHEN I CLOSED THE WINDOWS HE WAS GONE.....     How can someone open interfaces on my computer!?  He was blatantly cheating 100%!

i got all of it on video and i dont mind uploading it if someone is interested. i have showed it to multiple people now and they are also sure that it was a cheater!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

HE OPENED MY INVENTORY AND BUILD EDITOR

Unless the infamous spaghetti code is of galactic proportions, I can't see a way for a hacker to do that. It may have been a mesmer who confused you to pass as a thief and make you press random keys. That's... worrying.

• Haha 5

Strike #1

...this is hilarious... To my understandings i didnt even break any rules.... but i guess i deserve to be striked. I am sorry... breaking any rules was not my goal... i thought i am helping the community... I seriously thought that some moderator would reach out to me to get the video and help to ban this player.... 

BUT..... i got striked cuz i am violating the rules (which i didnt, atleast i thought so... rules are very unclear apparently)

Accusing any player, guild, or game world/server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter. In the case of a potential exploit, please report them using the in-game report function or submit a Customer Support ticket to ensure the development team is aware of them.

Accussing any player...  i didnt even mention a name (on purpose cuz i know its not allowed)... i just wrote that i had an encounter and thats all i wrote.... well.... i guess that is not allowed 😃

If even the mention of cheaters is against the rules, you should clarify your rules and write : mentioning cheaters/bots is not allowed please use the official reportchannels or something. But what i am reading here is that i am not allowed to say names and such... AND I DIDNT! Please step up your anticheat/antibot game and dont strike people in the forums that actually follow the rules and dont mention any names or such...   for real.... i didnt accuse any specific person/guild/server/whatever.... this rule is there to prevent witchhunts i guess!? and i understand that.... but in this case it feels(personal opinion, im not saying this is what your intention was) like its being used to keep players shut, or the moderator has made a mistake because he is unsure what exactly is said in the rule above, or he thought i actually told the players name (which i know).... either way

WELL PLAYED.... i will keep it shut from now on....

when reporting does not help (my guildies and I have been reporting the same bot for over 7 years now) and posting it in forums is against the rules... what else should we do?

I will just leave it at that cuz i dont want any more strikes... I accept that i did something wrong here and i beg for appology.

i am sorry but i cant continue posting....  write  me a mail ingame and i can pass you the youtubelink there      Sahne.6950

can someone close the post?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

Movement is client auth here. Damage isn't, so there can't be a "damage hack" or "invulnerability hack". But porting around is possible.

Lol at the "opened my inventory" bit, tho. That one was funny.

Trust me there Is or was an invuln hack. About 2 years back there was this guy dressed as Spiderman on our home bl,he was a thief. Jumping around in our guild groups  ( they werent fighting at that time ),they were smacking him while he was standing still,taking no damage just jumping up and down. Its the only time ive ever seen it happen,but atleast i know it exists though.

I beieve you.  They like to press the Windows button on me (minimize to desktop). 

True, sometimes it could be an accidentally push on my part, but atleast twice over the years, on different accounts, fighting the same individuals, it's happened when I've not even had hands on the keyboard.  So either it's some sort of something on their part or I have telekenesis.

21 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I beieve you.  They like to press the Windows button on me (minimize to desktop). 

True, sometimes it could be an accidentally push on my part, but atleast twice over the years, on different accounts, fighting the same individuals, it's happened when I've not even had hands on the keyboard.  So either it's some sort of something on their part or I have telekenesis.

I used to accidentally press the windows key alot too and minimize the game.
Got so sick of it that i downloaded Windows Power Toys and disable the key on keyboard.

44 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I used to accidentally press the windows key alot too and minimize the game.
Got so sick of it that i downloaded Windows Power Toys and disable the key on keyboard.

> using a software to disable a button instead of physically removing it form the keyboard

plebsmeme.jpg.exe

15 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i didnt even mention a name (on purpose cuz i know its not allowed)... i just wrote that i had an encounter and thats all i wrote.... well.... i guess that is not allowed 😃

That's a bit surprising indeed, nothing you said can be considered promoting or giving instructions for a hack or exploit, even less shaming anyone. There have been extensive discussions in the past about flying hackers and the like. I guess the rules have become stricter and I'll shut up too.

17 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I 100% did not open all of this interface layers all at once on accident.... it opened 4 different windows... and i dont just randomly open interfaces while fighting... some weird stuff going on (noo i dont use macros)

video is up btw. When you are interested you can hit me up via private message here or ingame.

Edited by Sahne.6950

Heh, yes thats a cheater on video. Wont deny that, teleport hack. 

Buuuuuuuut regarding the menus opening, are you sure thats not trying to type before hitting enter? Because right when it happens you have done /p for party followed by "fighting cheater". That combo of keys in the beginning... i, g and h is the menus that open (f obviously does nothing when there is nothing to interact with). I'm thinking you started typing without chat active, then hit enter and typed correctly. It can go pretty fast if you do it without thinking. Its also possible the game lagged and simply took the first keys as both chat and inputs.

22 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

You mean going to desktop lags you out making people unable to damage or am understanding it wrong ?

11 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Heh, yes thats a cheater on video. Wont deny that, teleport hack. 

Buuuuuuuut regarding the menus opening, are you sure thats not trying to type before hitting enter? Because right when it happens you have done /p for party followed by "fighting cheater". That combo of keys in the beginning... i, g and h is the menus that open (f obviously does nothing when there is nothing to interact with). I'm thinking you started typing without chat active, then hit enter and typed correctly. It can go pretty fast if you do it without thinking. Its also possible the game lagged and simply took the first keys as both chat and inputs.

That could actually be...  but still a blatant cheater 

On 1/20/2022 at 11:18 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

Strike #1

...this is hilarious... To my understandings i didnt even break any rules.... but i guess i deserve to be striked. I am sorry... breaking any rules was not my goal... i thought i am helping the community... I seriously thought that some moderator would reach out to me to get the video and help to ban this player.... 

BUT..... i got striked cuz i am violating the rules (which i didnt, atleast i thought so... rules are very unclear apparently)

Accusing any player, guild, or game world/server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter. In the case of a potential exploit, please report them using the in-game report function or submit a Customer Support ticket to ensure the development team is aware of them.

Accussing any player...  i didnt even mention a name (on purpose cuz i know its not allowed)... i just wrote that i had an encounter and thats all i wrote.... well.... i guess that is not allowed 😃

If even the mention of cheaters is against the rules, you should clarify your rules and write : mentioning cheaters/bots is not allowed please use the official reportchannels or something. But what i am reading here is that i am not allowed to say names and such... AND I DIDNT! Please step up your anticheat/antibot game and dont strike people in the forums that actually follow the rules and dont mention any names or such...   for real.... i didnt accuse any specific person/guild/server/whatever.... this rule is there to prevent witchhunts i guess!? and i understand that.... but in this case it feels(personal opinion, im not saying this is what your intention was) like its being used to keep players shut, or the moderator has made a mistake because he is unsure what exactly is said in the rule above, or he thought i actually told the players name (which i know).... either way

WELL PLAYED.... i will keep it shut from now on....

when reporting does not help (my guildies and I have been reporting the same bot for over 7 years now) and posting it in forums is against the rules... what else should we do?

I will just leave it at that cuz i dont want any more strikes... I accept that i did something wrong here and i beg for appology.

i am sorry but i cant continue posting....  write  me a mail ingame and i can pass you the youtubelink there      Sahne.6950

can someone close the post?

ANet seems to have a hear no evil, see no evil attitude with this serious issue in all game modes.