I always thought its a hoax.. but yesterday i saw one! [Anet pls]

Sahne.6950

1 minute ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Just had a ranger in sm while i was on top floor of it trebbing wc,he stood below my platform spamming Barrage with no cooldown to it over and over. Good kitten knowing there are "no cooldown on skills" hacks around.

You're just describing the behaviour of a normal arrowcart though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Faccina.5091 said:

i just had a 1v1 vs a ranger theres only his attacks in the log i had my skills in cd bud i dint hit once there was no evasion message or anything

Have you actually tried hitting the ranger instead of thin air?

On a more serious note, as long there is zero conclusive evidence for dmg/cd/stats/god mode hack, etc, i think it is pretty safe to assume, those things do not exist and players reporting "fishy" things along those lines simply don't know what's going on.

I mean, there is plenty of proof of functioning teleport hacks out there (i've also seen it myself occasionally). Same when it comes to bugs/exploits (there have been a few arround, that may seem like hacks, usually got fixed very fast tho).  Yet when it comes to other sorts of hacks, players are somehow unable to provide anything fundamental. Every. Single. Time. Videos? Never. Screenshots? Nope. Combat Log? Neither. Absolutely nothing. And since i'm getting accused of cheating myself from time to time, typically by players that are rather high rank, so not new to the game, but still play very badly, it just reinforces my opinion, that those crying are just clueless players, resistant to learning. No? Proof me wrong!

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Have you actually tried hitting the ranger instead of thin air?

well i was with my ranger too i had him selected i pressed the butans to pewpew with my longbow, nothing happened but my hp went down and he ad a shortbow

i had only his attacks in the log and my healing 😒

i tryed to make a video sometime but my fps go down literally to 1 i have an a6-3500 with the integrated video

27 minutes ago, Faccina.5091 said:

well i was with my ranger too i had him selected i pressed the butans to pewpew with my longbow, nothing happened but my hp went down and he ad a shortbow

i had only his attacks in the log and my healing 😒

i tryed to make a video sometime but my fps go down literally to 1 i have an a6-3500 with the integrated video

Did you check, if outgoing dmg was disabled in your combat log?

Even if it wasn't and you actually dealt no dmg, there could be a many reasons. Without seeing the fight, it is impossible to tell. But i'm very certain, there were no hacks involved.

13 minutes ago, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Yes, I did read your post.  It is unclear is all.  It looks as though there are two or three thoughts that ran together, and made the post unclear (to me at least).

There is plenty of footage of teleport/no collison/fly hacks in action. Conclusion -> those exist and their existence can be proven.

But there is zero evidence when it comes to other hacks, such as dmg/stats/cd hacks. Conclusion -> those are not a thing in GW2 until proven otherwise.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

But there is zero evidence when it comes to other hacks, such as dmg/stats/cd hacks. Conclusion -> those are not a thing in GW2 until proven otherwise.

well is an exploit not an hack but time to time you see around rangers with the pet but they are also merged

• Confused 2

On 1/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, Caedmon.6798 said:

Trust me there Is or was an invuln hack. About 2 years back there was this guy dressed as Spiderman on our home bl,he was a thief. Jumping around in our guild groups  ( they werent fighting at that time ),they were smacking him while he was standing still,taking no damage just jumping up and down. Its the only time ive ever seen it happen,but atleast i know it exists though.

This was a bug where players could stack damage reductions and take literally zero damage, because the devs applied it as additive instead of multiplicative. They finally fixed it this year after a mass abuse by Revs.

But yes, it was a real thing.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Did you check, if outgoing dmg was disabled in your combat log?

Even if it wasn't and you actually dealt no dmg, there could be a many reasons. Without seeing the fight, it is impossible to tell. But i'm very certain, there were no hacks involved.

There is plenty of footage of teleport/no collison/fly hacks in action. Conclusion -> those exist and their existence can be proven.

Because i never record my own gameplay myself. I dont use Geforce experience neither,im not interested in seeing myself play. I think its the only time ive ever posted something like this happening as i said its the only time since 2012 i saw it happen.

Youre reasoning is,if a tree fell and no one heard it,then it didnt fell.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

No.  His reasoning is that, in 9 years, someone, somewhere would have posted a video of it.   Without that, yeah, I’m gonna lean towards it didn’t happen.  

If you believe me or not is up to you,im not the guy that throws around random accusations or start a lie with no meaning to it,i mean he didnt even kill me it was just to hit the treb above. I saw what i saw and if people believe it or not,w/e.

I also think anyone using this is usually smart enough to not make it as obvious as this guy did but rather hide it inside of group play.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

54 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

If you believe me or not is up to you,im not the guy that throws around random accusations or start a lie with no meaning to it,i mean he didnt even kill me it was just to hit the treb above. I saw what i saw and if people believe it or not,w/e.

I also think anyone using this is usually smart enough to not make it as obvious as this guy did but rather hide it inside of group play.

Sure.  People are just looking for some proof.  Is that so wrong?

56 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

He wasn’t quoting you.  🤦‍♂️

I quoted you because you jumped into the middle of it.  He quoted : @Faccina.5091and @Morden Kain.3489

On 1/26/2022 at 9:30 PM, Morden Kain.3489 said:

@UmbraNoctis.1907 - Not sure if you have read the entire post or not, OP claims to have a video.  You will need to message him to get the link to the video {shrug}.

someonepointed out that i was typing and my chatwindow seemed to tap out. it could be me that opend the windows! But it never happened to me randomly before so i was like..... but when looking at the videofootage my chat bugs out for half a second and that could be what caused the windows to open.... the guy was 100% teleporthacking tho! video is still up

6 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Damage is calculated server side that's highly improbable.

Some skill activation is client side and the server does not check if the skill is within its allowed boundaries (cooldown, teleporation range, etc...). Anet did ban players afterwards for teleportation hacks.  So in theory it could be possible that some damage mitigation skills are activated a lot more often than it is allowed and the server does not check this. But I have never seen or tried this myself, so I really do not know if this is possible or not.