Please dont do this on the release of EoD

Make all EoD elite specs over powered and over tuned forcing veteran players and new players to buy the expansion so they can keep up competitively (PvP / WvW). You guys have done this since HoT. Please properly balance the game since you haven't mentioned a release date yet. Take your time for the love of god. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7

6 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Well as far as I could see during betas for the most of them, it would appear they are in no immediate danger of being OP 😉

Some for sure seem to be tad overtuned, but not most.

That's how all the betas have been, like how rev didnt have a weapon / legend swap. and then when it released rev autos were hitting 5-6k crits and CoR was hitting 10k and would hit twice. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I mean, it is going to happen because it is not balanced, when I played beta pvp, the ludicrous engineer mech was destroying everyone and was basically impossible to stop if you where a good player. Since GW2 treats pvp as after thought will be broken in pvp

and regarding to PvE, I doubt most will switch. I think HoT specialization where super good, and PoF fixed a lot of the remaining weakness of each class. Therefore EOD has little room for improvement. 

I could be wrong thou, we will see on launch 

2 hours ago, Avatara.1042 said:

Firebrand and Renegade are PoF specs.

I didn't mention those because those fall under "with exception of some support specs" 😉

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

You forgot Firebrand 😛it's very rare you see a DH outside of roaming.

Same as above - in context of WvW firebrands are support class, so dude had it covered within hist statement 😉 Tho one could argue that condibrands in PvE..... 😉

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809

5 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I didn't mention those because those fall under "with exception of some support specs" 😉

EDIT:

Same as above - in context of WvW firebrands are support class, so dude had it covered within hist statement 😉 Tho one could argue that condibrands in PvE..... 😉

Firebrands and renegades do everything.  Especially firebrands, who are gods of this game.

I'm with the OP on this one. So far, nothing big has happened or has been told, but until EoD is released I think ANet will release a "balance" patch right around release that "fixes" Firebrand to be the support elite it was always meant to be(as they did with tempest shortly before PoF's release). Same with Scourge(fix to be a support elite), Soulbeast(fix to do less dps) and Holo/Scrapper(fix to do less damage so people will play the cool looking golem). Not these classes are perfect, but it's about the time when they adress the issue. They had time to adjust FB, Scourge and the likes in the last two years, but my money is on that they will adjust the issues a wekk before EoD release. /tinfoilhat

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I only tried Bladesworn (reaaaally fast) and Mechanist in WvW. I cannot speak for the other spec, but from what I tried, I dont know why I would play these spec over Berserker or Holosmith. Bladesworn damage on the burst was underwhelming when it's not charged and there's no way you could fill up that bar without the enemy trying to interrupt you. And Mechanist......Ok serious question why would you play Mechanist in WvW ?  If you're looking for damage, Holosmith can do it very well. If you're looking for tank/support, Scrapper does that job already. What Mechanist can bring to the table that the other 2 spec (and core) cannot ? Alacrity is nice but since it requires people to be near the golem, and a zerg is always moving, your only niche utility already becomes unreliable. 

The only spec I thought would be good for WvW is Specter and people who tried it said it had UI issues (and some other but I wont go into detail I dont know).

Yeah maybe Anet is going to release ze great buffing patch for EoD spec but unless they add some major game changing....buffs, I dont think EoD spec are going to dominate HoT and PoF spec.