Lots of new reviews out

I've seen a lot of new reviews out over the last 2 days.  Even more excited for EoD.  Some are not listed on their facebook or twitter accounts.  I like reading different takes.  Just posting this in case there are others who like to read them all.  I just did a google search on Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons review and narrowed it down to the last week.

Edited by danielrjones.8759
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

:classic_laugh: reviews from these sites have ZERO relevance. These same "professional" reviewers were "positive" about Catalyst and other awful elite specs hhahahaah! Fanboys desperately want EoD to be good, but all signs point to the inevitable.

Edited by Cynova.1236
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12

8 minutes ago, Cynova.1236 said:

😂 reviews from these sites have ZERO relevance. These same "professional" reviewers were "positive" about Catalyst and other awful elite specs hhahahaah! Fanboys desperately want EoD to be good, but all signs point to the inevitable.

And haters desperately want it to be bad so they can complain, oh wait, they will do that even if it's good 😆

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 6

I wonder why so many people waste there time sharing opinions as if it’s gunna change anything. The pessimism here is unmatched. The sad thing is people are so quick to discount a positive opinion, but want to hold negative ones to such high validity. It just shows the culture of these forums and how much of this negative mindset is festering. I personally think Gw2 has gotten better and better. Minus the ending of icebrood saga. Core is bland, living would season 2 was a kittening drag. And it’s been uphill from there for me. The story became more immersive. The Meta events became more exciting. The graphics prettier. Even with IBS, just seeing how it was being developed and the content before they just gave up on it makes me excited for the content we’re getting in EOD. Like if they weren’t using all their resources and came up with that, I’m ready to see what it looks like when 100% of anet goes in on an expac. I’m happy they chose not to share too many details because I want to explore it myself. 

The sad thing about these forums is that it really is just a hub for people to come here and complain the first chance they get. People think just because they no lifed a video game for ten years or whatever makes them professional critics suddenly. When most of the time it’s either they’re just scared of change or they had expectations for what they wanted and didn’t get it as if the game was supposed to be custom tailored for them. The positive opinions don’t get the same spotlight because they’re discounted by the pessimists or people who are generally happy or satisfied don’t feel the need to go out of their way to post about it.  Imagine being so affected by a video game that you need to express that much negativity. I know it’s kinda ironic cuz here I am posting this, but it’s kinda sad seeing how much of this gets negative stuff gets posted. Guild wars 2 is a very good game. But some of y’all have a very toxic existence within it. We all know it’s not perfect but it’s definitely not as extreme as the pessimists make it out to seem. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

Please note this post, and the one it's responding to, were made before a moderator cleaned up the topic. There was a lot more negative discussion (and arguing against it) before that.

5 hours ago, Eli Fereta.5970 said:

I wonder why so many people waste there time sharing opinions as if it’s gunna change anything. The pessimism here is unmatched. The sad thing is people are so quick to discount a positive opinion, but want to hold negative ones to such high validity. It just shows the culture of these forums and how much of this negative mindset is festering.

In this topic it's only actually been 1 person, everyone else has been disagreeing with them. It's just that they've been posting a lot. It's a prime example of a vocal minority.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

In this topic it's only actually been 1 person, everyone else has been disagreeing with them. It's just that they've been posting a lot. It's a prime example of a vocal minority.

Well, it just feels like there’s a lot of negative threads in general. I personally am so excited to go to Cantha. 😄

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So far, six reviews have been posted on the GW2 Twitter feed.  All seem rather excited/positive.  

C'mon m8, you're smarter than that. Of course the """reviews""" that get retweeted by GW2's official account are positive ones. It's advertisment and there is no truth in advertisment, it's all just "buy my stuff, it's the best stuff out there, buy my stuff, it's better than all the other competing stuff."

That being said, I'm not saying that only the negative doom and gloom posts are the truth either. How can there be EoD reviews if it hasn't released anyway. This goes out to both sides. The positive "everything will be so awesome!! #megahype" and the negative "zomg EoD so bad, how can GW even compete!!! #deadgame" ones. I don't know how EoD will be when it's released and neither do you, unless you're a dev or a tster in which case there are probably some strict NDA-agreements which keep you from posting anything of relevance.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

According to the reviews which I've seen they were able to review it because they were given early access. It sounds a bit like the professions beta in that they could pick a profession and then started at level 80 with the new elite spec already equipped and the siege turtle unlocked, but they were also on a server which gave them access to at least some of the EoD maps.

Of course that means it was an early version of the expansion, but since it's due to come out next month it should be pretty much finished. (I've also seen some of the developers on Twitter say they're up to 'polishing' the expansion, which is the final little touches.)

If anyone's found any negative reviews (or even ones which aren't entirely positive) I'd like to see them. I doubt it will put me off entirely, but it would be useful to know what the problems might be going into it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

C'mon m8, you're smarter than that. Of course the """reviews""" that get retweeted by GW2's official account are positive ones. It's advertisment and there is no truth in advertisment, it's all just "buy my stuff, it's the best stuff out there, buy my stuff, it's better than all the other competing stuff."

That being said, I'm not saying that only the negative doom and gloom posts are the truth either. How can there be EoD reviews if it hasn't released anyway. This goes out to both sides. The positive "everything will be so awesome!! #megahype" and the negative "zomg EoD so bad, how can GW even compete!!! #deadgame" ones. I don't know how EoD will be when it's released and neither do you, unless you're a dev or a tster in which case there are probably some strict NDA-agreements which keep you from posting anything of relevance.

Again, feel free to post the negative reviews. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So far, six reviews have been posted on the GW2 Twitter feed.  All seem rather excited/positive.  

Doesn't mean much. You think they'd share negative reviews on the official twitter?

The people writing the reviews want clicks, and they want to be invited to future previews. Positive review means Anet reposts them and invites them back.

Edited by witcher.3197
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Are there any actual reviews?  All I'm seeing are rather generic previews, which don't tell me anything new.  Has anyone actually gotten the expac to review?  That said, I'm looking forward to EoD and happily preordered it.

Even if they have, do not expect bad reviews come in before release, most journalists wants to get their hands on next pre release copy of next Anet project. But, in general, I doubt expac would b bad. It will be anet style expac with day 1 bugs like PoF, HoT, some bugs get fixed fast,some never and no review will be better than personal experience or players feedback a month into game

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Game journos are notoriously bad at games. They hated HoT but loved PoF, now look at today, people still do chak garent, octovine, and even dragon stand. When was the last time you did doppelganger, maw of torment or GoS meta? Game journos have worthless opinions on the long term.

This has nothing to do with being bad at the game. People do the HoT metas not because they are hard but because they massively over reward for what is basically no effort nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don’t intend to be negative at all, but the three reviews I read were from game reviewers, not current GW2 players, being given a guided tour of the new content. That’s cool and hopefully generates some hype (I think it will), but I didn’t read any new information on features, only that fishing controls are clunky and you can somehow steer skiffs with emotes, which honestly doesn’t excite me. 

On a positive note, the general impression of the new maps and story was very good, along with the new strike mission, so exited about that.

Edited by Monarc.9726
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Reviews on gw2 sites are great and all, but where is the advertisement to the public? Thats whats going to draw people in, only showing things to the people that already play the game is pointless in some respects, when no one outside of us knows about it. Toss an ad slot in prime/amazon , a lot of people since the pandemic have been using sites like pluto tubi peacock ect because they stream free, toss some adds on there. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Game journos are notoriously bad at games. They hated HoT but loved PoF, now look at today, people still do chak garent, octovine, and even dragon stand. When was the last time you did doppelganger, maw of torment or GoS meta? Game journos have worthless opinions on the long term.

Yeah I almost never do META's, I use mounts every single time I play 🙂

Not everyone likes the same thing. In my opinion PoF was a better expansions than HoT by far, I can fully understand why someone who values META events a lot would disagree though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Reviews on gw2 sites are great and all, but where is the advertisement to the public?

Advertise what?l

- Fishing with a clunky bar, waiting for half a minute to catch 1 fish?

- 4 strike missions?

- a slow mount where you can carry a friend, when we have fast raptors and waypoints?

- specializations which will be overpowered to increase sales, when new players don't even know what these are?

There isn't much to advertise, because there isn't much meaningful and attractive content to make others say: "I want this adventure!".

And how could they possibly attract PvP players to a game of which the very name literally contains the words "guild" and "wars" (Guild Wars, version 2, expansion 3 --> the irony), and which has no new PvP content, no new WvW content, and no promised GvG content in a whole third expansion; but instead promotes random solo play in it's competitive side (see SoloQ in ranked), promotes running on WvW maps with a mount, and has completely forgot about GvG promised before HoT.

Even the eSports scene is without presence of this game, because there are no teams, so new competitive players would not want to be part of such peaceful "War" between "Guilds" which does not even exist. And marketing team dares advertise this expansion using the word "together" when in fact it smells of Solo casual PvE gameplay from a mile away.

I admit: if I were a new player, I would absolutely not buy this expansion, but maybe I would try the PvE part of the game, because it's free anyway.

Edited by Alin.2468
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Alin.2468 said:

Advertise what?l

- Fishing with a clunky bar, waiting for half a minute to catch 1 fish?

- 4 strike missions?

- a slow mount where you can carry a friend, when we have fast raptors and waypoints?

- specializations which will be overpowered to increase sales, when new players don't even know what these are?

kitten I didnt know Anet revealed the entire expansion in a few hours of stream. It's almost as if Anet is planning to steadily add content into the expansion instead of dropping one big bomb shell.

As far as elite spec goes, they are currently far from being OP. In fact most are meh. If I'm following your logic I dont understand why Anet would release meh spec, it is clearly detrimental to their profit.

There isn't much to advertise, because there isn't much meaningful and attractive content to make others say: "I want this adventure!".

And yet you would be surprised by the amount of people who like small activities like fishing, people who like turtle with guns and just content. 

And how could they possibly attract PvP players to a game of which the very name literally contains the words "guild" and "wars" (Guild Wars, version 2, expansion 3 --> the irony), and which has no new PvP content, no new WvW content, and no promised GvG content in a whole third expansion; but instead promotes random solo play in it's competitive side (see SoloQ in ranked), promotes running on WvW maps with a mount, and has completely forgot about GvG promised before HoT.

Alliances which is supposed to come later IS your GvG. So they are technically delivering what they promised but not in the form you expected. 

And what if the game didnt attract PvP player but PVE player ? So far the selling point have been focused on the PVE aspect not PVP. It's almost as if Anet is trying to exploit one of the most sucessful part of the game. But if you want a PVP MMORPG, I can suggest you New World. You know that glitched made by Amazon, yeah that's a PVP oriented MMORPG. 

Even the eSports scene is without presence of this game, because there are no teams, so new competitive players would not want to be part of such peaceful "War" between "Guilds" which does not even exist.

So what ? I've never heard of Esport on WoW, I've never heard of Esport of FF14, I've never heard of Esport on BDO and yet these game are doing just fine without. 

Anet did try to enter the Esport scene with its SPVP and it failed. Fair enough but there are still a lot of new player interested in this game's PVP and a lot of player are playing PVP on a daily basis.  It's almost as if people dont even care about Esport.

And marketing team dares advertise this expansion using the word "together" when in fact it smells of Solo casual PvE gameplay from a mile away.

???

Pretty much every game that has a COOP feature will say something along the line of " ___ alone or with your friends" . And you clearly underestimate how many player start a MMO with their friend together. Because you're playing alone doesnt mean everyone out there is playing alone. 

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

20 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I'm doing doppelganger everyday in hopes of dropping a music box which im farming for several months. HoT metas are good cause there's chance at 2 infusions and a lot of loot. PoF maps are fun to play (with mounts). I say HoT and PoF are good, i just wish Anet disabled mounts in HoT maps so we can actually have uses for all HoT masteries, then again it will lead to the end of bauble farming in HoT.